Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of touching a women

Hello everyone

I am just confused and worry in the same time.Last month I was in the steam room in the hotel( I am in this gym for 3 years) just few minutes before the closing time, a mid 40 lady came and laid opposite me. She said "it is getting hot in here" I asked here if she staying in the hotel or joining the gym. then I stood up and wiped the glass door to see the time ( I was not even close to her) she pushed me, and she was swearing at me and threaten me " I'm going to fined who the f*** r u and going to kill you). She went to complain to the reception team that I touched her. I get changed then talked to the manger and asked him to contact the police. He said I must talk to the lady front of him and said I would lose the entrance to the hotel for ever if I contact the police. I told him I don't want to talk to her, as she was swearing and aggressively acting. this happened just before University holiday started. I have contacted the hotel management and they arranged meeting in the time I was away in my holiday.

I have not touch her and I did not have any desire toward her. I know exactly that we are one minutes before the closing time where the staff will come to clean the steam room. Unfortunately there were nobody with us in the steam room

I have just received this email rom the police:
    "I am contacting you as I need to speak with you in relation to an incident that occurred in the Spa at the ***** hotel. I have also left you a voicemail on your mobile. Please could you recontact me to arrange a suitable time for you to attend and speak with myself"

I am currently out of the uk. I am international student and I don't know anyone that can guide me in this situation. I am not sure what the police want, or if I need to be worry!! Do I need to contact lawyer ?
    can anyone tell me if this sexual assault ? would this affect my study and my stay in the UK?

Definnitely contact a lawyer and tell them exactly what happened. Was she drunk and maybe got the wrong idea?

Comment

I'm assuming that as you are a student you won't have the funds to be able to instruct a solicitor privately and will need someone who will take legal aid cases.

No need to tell us where the hotel is but it is best to find a firm based near to the locality; have a look in this thread:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors

Phone them and explain the situation and when you have arranged a date and time for the interview with the police officer who contacted you, your chosen solicitor will meet you at the police station (representation at interviews is covered by legal aid)

You can then request a private consultation with the solicitor and explain exactly what happened in the steam room, they will then advise how to conduct the interview.

If you don't make these prior arrangements the police will offer you the option of using a duty solicitor when you attend the interview.

[you mentioned that you had been a member of the gym for 3 years so you will be well known to the staff as not having any prior 'form' for assaulting other members; it would be interesting to find out if the woman is also a long-standing member or if she had just walked in for the first time that day]
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks edinashed and Casehardened

I don't know if she was drunk or not.
        I am not sure if the lady complained herself, or it was reported from the hotel. in both cases can I know what is the worst case scenarios ? is it possible that the hotel reported this even they asked me not to call the police when the incident happened? Should I be aware that the police could lock me up after the interview?

Honestly, I was so confident that it would be just a talk in person with the police officer as she described in her email. However, after reading lots of cases online this make me worry!!! in the same time, I could not find anyone who have the same case as mine.

Thanks to you all

Comment

Originally posted by top View Post
          However, after reading lots of cases online this make me worry!!! in the same time, I could not find anyone who have the same case as mine.
          You are quite right in that every case is different but I did put together some thoughts on what is likely to happen in most instances which might be useful for you to look through:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
            You are quite right in that every case is different but I did put together some thoughts on what is likely to happen in most instances which might be useful for you to look through:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Good post CH! Sure this will help a lot of folk.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
              Good post CH! Sure this will help a lot of folk.
              Thanks, it seemed that many of the folks arriving here had the same concerns and questions, unsurprisingly enough, so it's intended as a basic 'workshop manual' as a prelude to more detailed assistance from other members.

Comment

hi

Thanks, it seemed that many of the folks arriving here had the same concerns and questions, unsurprisingly enough, so it's intended as a basic 'workshop manual' as a prelude to more detailed assistance from other members.
                Sure wish I'd read this post before I gave my interview without a duty solicitor present!

Comment

Sure wish I'd read this post before I gave my interview without a duty solicitor present!
                  Snap..........but I'm sure you did very well without one.

Comment

Let's hope so

Snap..........but I'm sure you did very well without one.
                    Lol, well let's hope so. The OIC did tell me I'd done well, but well for whom I wonder? My mouth runs away with me sometimes (case you hadn't noticed). Well, like you I presume , I was thinking it'd look better for me if I didn't have one.

But why the face, you were nfa'd?

Comment

Lol, well let's hope so. The OIC did tell me I'd done well, but well for whom I wonder? My mouth runs away with me sometimes (case you hadn't noticed). Well, like you I presume , I was thinking it'd look better for me if I didn't have one.

But why the face, you were nfa'd?
                      Double Snap; my OIC also told me I'd done well....hopefully this pattern will continue to your NFA

(the none-smiley face was because I didn't take the advice I now give...but then experience is a great teacher!)

Comment

hi

Double Snap; my OIC also told me I'd done well....hopefully this pattern will continue to your NFA

(the none-smiley face was because I didn't take the advice I now give...but then experience is a great teacher!)
                        Thanks CH, isn't experience just the greatest? And yeah, let's hope the done well pattern continues!!

Comment

Working...
                        X