just had my nfa official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just had my nfa official

The solicitor told me yesterday and the oic just rung me and told me i can collect my property next week.

Im sat here crying in front of my daughter, i dont feel even slightly jubilant about it, i just feel like 7 months of my life have been wasted waiting for a 3 minutes 7 second phone call I knew full well i was going to get.

Really pleased for you. I hope you can get on now with your life, but do not be surprised if you get all sorts of mixed emotions going on. first relief and possibly euphoria, then anger, distress, fear and back to relief.

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      Really pleased for you. I hope you can get on now with your life, but do not be surprised if you get all sorts of mixed emotions going on. first relief and possibly euphoria, then anger, distress, fear and back to relief.

One thing, the officer said this could be used as bad character if i were to end up in court again, how so?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
        One thing, the officer said this could be used as bad character if i were to end up in court again, how so?
        It probably means that there's not a strong enough case to take to court. I'll be in the same position if things go as they should. There's only 2 people who know my accuser's lying, that's me and her. The way the police'll look at it is that there's a question mark.

Just because there's not a strong enough case to take to court doesn't mean we're neccessarily (in their eyes) innocent. We can't blame them. It's disgusting in my eyes, but in theirs....

Anyway, in the here and now. TOP BANANAS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
          It probably means that there's not a strong enough case to take to court. I'll be in the same position if things go as they should. There's only 2 people who know my accuser's lying, that's me and her. The way the police'll look at it is that there's a question mark.

Just because there's not a strong enough case to take to court doesn't mean we're neccessarily (in their eyes) innocent. We can't blame them. It's disgusting in my eyes, but in theirs....

Anyway, in the here and now. TOP BANANAS!!!!
          The oic said exactly that i.e an nfa doesnt mean that either myself or the accuser were lying/telling the truth. I'm quite bitter over the fact that she will probably get a "compo claim" out of it.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
            The oic said exactly that i.e an nfa doesnt mean that either myself or the accuser were lying/telling the truth. I'm quite bitter over the fact that she will probably get a "compo claim" out of it.
            With you all the way. Now that our wonderful political system is commited to a workforce with no rights at all, politicians are roaring that now someone who has lost their job and can't afford a tribunal can't have one so cases have fallen by 60%. Surprise, surprise- the political take? 60% of claims are obviously rubbish so their descision is bang on.

I just wonder if there was no financial incentive to making a rape claim what percentage of claims would be affected and what the politicians would make of that.

Well what can I say? We'll just have to do our best to make sure we don't get into trouble again. Unless a way of cutting open someone's brain and extracting alpha waves is invented, our situation will remain unchanged.

Try and come through this. I will.
            J

Comment

That aside though i was under the impression that bad character was something used in court to literally prove that you are of bad character. I just found it a bit random that she would say that.

Comment

It's to do with Government-set rape convictions targets. To reach those targets, it helps to have previous bad character evidence put to the jury.

What IS unfair, is the fact that a complainant whose previous allegations were NFA'd cannot be put to the jury in a similar way, because the allegations were not proved to be false.

Comment

It's to do with Government-set rape convictions targets. To reach those targets, it helps to have previous bad character evidence put to the jury.

What IS unfair, is the fact that a complainant whose previous allegations were NFA'd cannot be put to the jury in a similar way, because the allegations were not proved to be false.
                  Is there any way of me finding out how they came to their decision? I know the accuser will get a letter out lining the reasons.

And back to bad character, would the reasons the allegation was nfa'd also be put to the court/jury? If not then i just don't know what to think.

Comment

All they would say is 'insufficient evidence' and I believe the complainant would be told the same thing.

Putting it at any potential trial later on, they jury would be told the same thing.

Comment

Putting it at any potential trial later on, they jury would be told the same thing.
                      Disgusting. So much for being innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

Wonderful news for you that this is over.

Unfortunately, when we are affected by a FA.......... it is very difficult to be joyous at the good news.

It just makes me so angry that there is no way of addressing the liars.

And it makes me angrier that the political agenda is driving the justice system rather than actually seeking the truth.

However, I hope you can move on and put the hell behind you. Well Done

Comment

Well done. That's great you can move forward with your life now

Comment

I afraid I can't answer your question on bad character, but...... I've got some of these for you:

Enjoy! Try not to get bogged down with all the negative feelings.

Comment

Just a vent.

When I got my phone back and read through some of the texts me and my accuser had exchanged it was quite clear that she was using a rape accusation as a weapon. I had given her an ultimatum and then out of nowhere(no mention of it prior) she says if you do that I'll have to tell the police you raped me!

I told the police all this in interview, I.e she told me she was going to make an accusation, and still had to wait seven months. How the eff can people be allowed to get away with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X