Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next bit.....

Hi,

I don't really post on this forum however I do read through a lot of stories and the answers and help people give is unbelievable.

I posted about my partners story on here last year and we have been waiting for the court date which us coming next week.

I think this is the plea hearing? This is the last one before it goes to trial.

My husband is desperately hoping for the case to be chucked out and his legal team are confident with his evidence and statement ready for the trial. I on the other hand do not feel so confident, I want to support him but I also don't want to get our hopes up to the case being dropped and then that doesn't happen. I am scared of going to court next week and I am really scared of going to trial, I know this will bring a new level of stress.

I am not coping very well at work but thankfully they have been very supportive and they have given me some time off to get through this court but I know this will be a small thing in comparison to the trial. I feel we should get ready for that. We have gotten plenty of character references for this court and have all the pictures that the girl was still sending him up until about a month a ago (many had very little clothing on!) This is why my husband can't see it going to trial but from what I read and what I understand and the whole 'Jimmy Saville effect' I feel it will have to go before a jury.

Just few more days to get through and then we will have some more answers. The build up is the worse!

Im sorry to hear of your situation, it must be a very difficult time

As you say it is probably best not to be too optimistic that it would be chucked out, but in the case that it proceeds to trial hopefully that will be the chance for your husband to put his side of the story across and get his name cleared

Have you got support? From friends/relatives/GP.

It sounds like you are taking on some real stress especially when you say 'I am scared of going to trial '. Don't forget you are not on trial you are just trying to do your best to help

Take care, hope things improve for you soon

Comment

Thank you got your reply. Obviously the case was not dropped, as soon as my husband gave his 'not guilty' plea the judge set a date for trial in September. To really rub salt in the wounds as soon as we walked out of court we walked in to her! Complete horrible accident that really made the day extra sour as you can imagine.

I have a really good support network at work, which I am grateful for. The stress is really showing outside of work though and I'm thinking about going to see gp to see if there is any help available. His bail conditions remain the same so he can't come home which is hard for both of us. The trial is just part of this, my husband is not a UK citizen so if found guilty he will be deported and even with this on his name pending the home office are not giving a clear answer on how much longer he can stay here for.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaiscoming View Post
        Hi,

..............and have all the pictures that the girl was still sending him up until about a month a ago (many had very little clothing on!) This is why my husband can't see it going to trial but from what I read and what I understand and the whole 'Jimmy Saville effect' I feel it will have to go before a jury.

Just few more days to get through and then we will have some more answers. The build up is the worse!

Were these pictures sent before or after the alleged assault?
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

hi

Thank you got your reply. Obviously the case was not dropped, as soon as my husband gave his 'not guilty' plea the judge set a date for trial in September. To really rub salt in the wounds as soon as we walked out of court we walked in to her! Complete horrible accident that really made the day extra sour as you can imagine.

I have a really good support network at work, which I am grateful for. The stress is really showing outside of work though and I'm thinking about going to see gp to see if there is any help available. His bail conditions remain the same so he can't come home which is hard for both of us. The trial is just part of this, my husband is not a UK citizen so if found guilty he will be deported and even with this on his name pending the home office are not giving a clear answer on how much longer he can stay here for.
          Wish you all the luck in the world. Hope things work out for the best

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            Were these pictures sent before or after the alleged assault?

Many nude pictures sent 3 days up to the night of the incident but about 20 more partially naked after the incident. Most came after he was charged.

They were all printed off his phone and given to legal team.

The ones sent before the incident were on his phone that was taken by the police so they are all in the reports.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
              Wish you all the luck in the world. Hope things work out for the best

Thank you so much. Really means a lot

Comment

Sorry to hear you are suffering at the hands of this awful situation.

It is so stressful waiting for the next court hearing. And the wait now for the trial can be exhausting. But try to be positive - you have got this far and will manage to get strength from somewhere to get to September.

I hope you are satisfied with your defence team - it seems they are confident.

Keep posting if you need support. For me - the understanding of others on here who are going thru the same thing or have gone thru was very heartening.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                  Sorry to hear you are suffering at the hands of this awful situation.

It is so stressful waiting for the next court hearing. And the wait now for the trial can be exhausting. But try to be positive - you have got this far and will manage to get strength from somewhere to get to September.

I hope you are satisfied with your defence team - it seems they are confident.

Keep posting if you need support. For me - the understanding of others on here who are going thru the same thing or have gone thru was very heartening.

It has been really helpful for me to read so many other people's situations on here, shows we are not alone.

We are happy with the defence team and the barrister seems very on top of it all, he has spoken to me a few times (when I'm looking worried! )and he reassures me he will do everything he can to get my husband out of this.

My focus now is to try and enjoy the next 5 months as much as we can. We have agreed to rent a room in a shared house just for the next 5 months so we can at least live together again. Nothing would make me happier than my husband coming back to our flat again one day.

Comment

Many nude pictures sent 3 days up to the night of the incident but about 20 more partially naked after the incident. Most came after he was charged.

They were all printed off his phone and given to legal team.

The ones sent before the incident were on his phone that was taken by the police so they are all in the reports.

Photos sent before the alleged assault is neither here nor there as he could still of course raped her afterwards. It's the alluring pictures she sent to him afte the alleged assaults that will be very helpful..
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                      Photos sent before the alleged assault is neither here nor there as he could still of course raped her afterwards. It's the alluring pictures she sent to him afte the alleged assaults that will be very helpful..
                      Yes that's what I am hoping. For somebody that is scared of this man she is doing a lot at the moment to be around him/approach him/wait for him in places she knows he will be and of course sending the photos. Then she calls the police and says he is bothering her and he is scaring her to stop her going to court. We are dealing with a first class fruit loop!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X