Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

Hi

I have two questions that I’m hoping that you have some information on.

The first question is it normal procedure for the police to tell the person charged that they need to notify their current employers or to declare to them that they have been charged.

Second question, can the police tell your employer directly without going through a DRB check first; details of your case/charge or does this break confidentially rules?

Hi bandstand.

In some cases the police will notify your employer ie if you work with vulnerable peopl. I am not entirely sure on your second question... I think they can say what the charges/accusations are but they are definitely not allowed to give details of the actual case

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by WhyUs View Post
      Hi bandstand.

In some cases the police will notify your employer ie if you work with vulnerable peopl. I am not entirely sure on your second question... I think they can say what the charges/accusations are but they are definitely not allowed to give details of the actual case
      Yes, I'm afraid they can. And we've got to (though I hate to have to say this) accept that from the police's point of view we could be serial rapists for all they know and this is the first time we've been caught: they can't take any risks.
      In my case I'm an inspector and tester, working for the local councils assessing safety of their social housing I was on £600 a week. My work bring me into contact from time to time as a matter of course with vulnerable people. I was told that the company I subcontract to would have to be told AND I would have to lose my job as I cannot work alone with vulnerable people.
      Initially they told me I could go back, but as this drags on my worry is that I will become regarded as too great a risk to employ again.
      I'm guessing that you are in the same boat. I hope you won't struggle to find something else, all I can say is be strong and keep your chin up!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for advice, I have had conflicting information so far.

I was told that it was upto police to tell my employer, not me.
        and another that I should do the polices work for them and I should tell them myself.

I've been looking for a definitive answer on this subject.

The DC who is in charge of my case is out to get me and and trying to undermine me in anyway possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandstand View Post
          Thanks for advice, I have had conflicting information so far.

I was told that it was upto police to tell my employer, not me.
          and another that I should do the polices work for them and I should tell them myself.

I've been looking for a definitive answer on this subject.

The DC who is in charge of my case is out to get me and and trying to undermine me in anyway possible.
          If your employment is a notifable one, I would tell them yourself... my experience is that the police do not tell you the truth and will happily tell your employer without you knowing. Something like this is better coming from you as it puts you in a better position with regard to your work going forward. In our case, the OIC told us he wasnt sure whether it was notifiable.. knowing full well that it was and having already spoken to them .. he kept us on hold for a couple of days, giving him enough time to speak to them and try to put my husband in a bad light .. thankfully his employers were above this

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by WhyUs View Post
            If your employment is a notifable one, I would tell them yourself... my experience is that the police do not tell you the truth and will happily tell your employer without you knowing. Something like this is better coming from you as it puts you in a better position with regard to your work going forward. In our case, the OIC told us he wasnt sure whether it was notifiable.. knowing full well that it was and having already spoken to them .. he kept us on hold for a couple of days, giving him enough time to speak to them and try to put my husband in a bad light .. thankfully his employers were above this
            I'd go along with that: it's always better coming from yourself. I was told by my OIC that he wasn't sure whether my case was notifiable or not.

Comment

Working...
            X