Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer accused of rape maliciously

Hi there,

I am a current serving police officer who has been maliciously accused of vaginally raping a female I helped at work.

I was arrested at work, my house searched and now on bail for three months.

This has been the worst experience of my life and despite what some may think I am in fact at a disadvantage being an officer as I am deemed guilty until proven innocent.

I have no idea why this female would allege such an abhorrent crime but I am finding hard it to cope.

I am due to return on bail next week and that is the same day my partner is due to give birth! I am my wits end and want to know what my fate is.

I really sympathise with anyone like me who have been maliciously accused.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by dangerousdriver; 18 March 2015, 05:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Interesting username!

Hopefully you will be able to instruct a private client solicitor due to your job. I've had contact with two or three ex police officers whose union (or whatever) paid for the legal fees. Would that be the case now?
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdriver View Post
      Hi there,

I am a current serving police officer who has been maliciously accused of vaginally raping a female I helped at work.

I was arrested at work, my house searched and now on bail for three months.

This has been the worst experience of my life and despite what some may think I am in fact at a disadvantage being an officer as I am deemed guilty until proven innocent.

I have no idea why this female would allege such an abhorrent crime but I am finding hard it to cope.

I am due to return on bail next week and that is the same day my partner is due to give birth! I am my wits end and want to know what my fate is.

I really sympathise with anyone like me who have been maliciously accused.

Thanks for reading.
      Cant you ask one of the lads to find out prior to you answering bail?

If its gonna be a nfa then just dont bother answering bail if your partner does indeed go into labour. Even if you are to be charged you will know yourself that not anwering bail isnt a crime, and im sure you woukd be re bailed given the circumstances I.e partner in labour, previous good character etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Interesting username!

Hopefully you will be able to instruct a private client solicitor due to your job. I've had contact with two or three ex police officers whose union (or whatever) paid for the legal fees. Would that be the case now?
        Thanks, I pay police federation subscription so as such an entitled to legal representation which are acting on my behalf.

It's been the worst experience of my life. Knowing you unequivocally have not committed the crime you were alleged to.

I've contemplated taking my own life such is my despair, this is not a cry for help but let others know we are humans too despite being chastised on a daily basis by press and public. I've always regarded myself as a strong willed character but this I am not afraid to say has seriously affected me!

Comment

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
          Cant you ask one of the lads to find out prior to you answering bail?

If its gonna be a nfa then just dont bother answering bail if your partner does indeed go into labour. Even if you are to be charged you will know yourself that not anwering bail isnt a crime, and im sure you woukd be re bailed given the circumstances I.e partner in labour, previous good character etc.

If if was that easy I'd be made up. It's difficult as I was given bail conditions not to contact any colleague aside from my Inspector, welfare officer and federation rep.

I'm being completely kept in the dark in this and that after three months on bail is hard to take. I don't expect special treatment and understand that any allegation has to be taken seriously as not to impune the genuine cases.

Knowing the law actually puts me in a disadvantage because I know that the CPS may wish to charge me due to a higher public interest.

Comment

I was going to answer Edinashed along the same lines. Things don't work like that as we know!

All you can do is to keep on keeping on. Some get an NFA quite quickly while others can wait up to two years, as has been the experience with some people on this forum.

And of course a charge can take just as quick as it can long............ keep posting and check other people's threads - you'll find many questions will be answered on there, although given your job (not knowing the capacity of your work) you will possibly already know most of them.

Comment

I was going to answer Edinashed along the same lines. Things don't work like that as we know!

All you can do is to keep on keeping on. Some get an NFA quite quickly while others can wait up to two years, as has been the experience with some people on this forum.

And of course a charge can take just as quick as it can long............ keep posting and check other people's threads - you'll find many questions will be answered on there, although given your job (not knowing the capacity of your work) you will possibly already know most of them.
              Yes, I realise this may well last a while or be NFA or indeed charged. Its just not easy to deal with. For obvious reasons I won't put case specific details on the general forum but the female in question and I had no physical contact of any kind and was in fact reported by a third party a month after it was alleged to have occurred. No DNA evidence therefore. I've found no solace at all for the last few months despite knowing I am in fact the victim and not the complainant.

Comment

Keep posting and in a few days you can PM

Edit: I notice that you are in fact emailable from here so I have sent one to you. Check your spam / junk folders.

Comment

Keep posting and in a few days you can PM

Edit: I notice that you are in fact emailable from here so I have sent one to you. Check your spam / junk folders.
                  I have now replied. Thank you for the message

Comment

best of luck

Originally posted by dangerousdriver View Post
                    I have now replied. Thank you for the message
                    My sympathies! But at least there is no DNA evidence you should ( I would have thought ) be okay. Whilst I hope all goes well for you, a lot of accused, I would think, are in the position where intercourse has taken place. There is DNA inside the accuser. Certainly in my case this is true. You could be in a worse position! Much worse!
                    Anyway, all the best, hope it works out well.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
                      My sympathies! But at least there is no DNA evidence you should ( I would have thought ) be okay. Whilst I hope all goes well for you, a lot of accused, I would think, are in the position where intercourse has taken place. There is DNA inside the accuser. Certainly in my case this is true. You could be in a worse position! Much worse!
                      Anyway, all the best, hope it works out well.
                      Thanks Jittery,

It's left a hole in my life that I can never fill. This experience will never be forgotten.

No there is no DNA as no contact took place, the accuser even sent me a message after the time she alleged it happened so I'm hoping that they will provide vital evidence. Sending a message thanking you for visiting then alleging I raped her isn't the smartest plan. Given my position and the current climate however they are actively looking to criminalise officers to show they are actively correcting their past wrongs.

The one thing that I must hold close is that I did not do what was alleged and hope that common sense prevails.

I'm not sure now if I will continue on in this career should I be exonerated. This chapter has been far too damaging to that of myself and my family.

I wish you luck with your own woes.

Comment

Wishing you luck

Hi

So sorry to read your post.

Just wanted to wish you and your partner all the best on your new arrival, so sad that it is being tainted by this hanging over you.

Try to stay positive

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          Hi

So sorry to read your post.

Just wanted to wish you and your partner all the best on your new arrival, so sad that it is being tainted by this hanging over you.

Try to stay positive
                          Thanks Tinkerbell,

I'm seriously angry that not only has this sick individual has lied about me but also I stand to lose my children and family if convicted. One thing to destroy my life but that of innocent children I cannot accept.

Thanks again for the support

Comment

I completely understand I was due to marry my partner however due to the allegations and him being charged, no DNA, we have been forced by SS with police backing to move apart and have also been told that if he is found innocent it will only be because there was not enough evidence to convict therefore he will not be allowed to live with me again until my children are over the age of 16.

It does seem to be that with an allegation like this it is guilty no matter what, as we were told accusers never lie.

I can only hope for you that you receive a NFA.

Comment

Tink you may be able to change the SW. There are some free family law clinics in the UK that might be able to assist. If you Google "free family law clinics UK" that should assist.

Comment

Working...
                              X