Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacker found NOT Guilty - I don't know what to do

Hi Everyone,

Im new on here. Last year I was raped and today the jury found him not guilty!!

I am in total shock. I can't believe they found him not guilty .. I feel so so low , I don't know how or what to do to move on now.

I just keep thinking what on earth made the jury think he wasn't guilty !?? ! I feel so disgusting and tired. How am I going to get a normal life back.

But I have to be strong for my daughter & husband.

I also feel So so so so angry with the system .. I know the saying PROOF not TRUTH in courts but I'm am so shocked & devastated by this outcome. I was sure he would be found guilty.. I just don't understand!!!

The reason I went through this was to stop it happening to anyone else ..

I am a well educated , professional women and he was/is a taxi driver .. WHY WHY WHY would anyone think I would consent to ANYTHING with anyone other than my husband !

I just want to disappear.

PS. I'm sorry to all those people questioning going to the Police - DO DO DO they were AMAZING ! I couldn't have asked for better support / treatment .. and in court was tough but again .. immense support from all round. DO NOT THINK TWICE .. report report report. Do not let anyone get away with abuse EVER

Hi

Originally posted by lostlady View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im new on here. Last year I was raped and today the jury found him not guilty!!

I am in total shock. I can't believe they found him not guilty .. I feel so so low , I don't know how or what to do to move on now.

I just keep thinking what on earth made the jury think he wasn't guilty !?? ! I feel so disgusting and tired. How am I going to get a normal life back.

But I have to be strong for my daughter & husband.

I also feel So so so so angry with the system .. I know the saying PROOF not TRUTH in courts but I'm am so shocked & devastated by this outcome. I was sure he would be found guilty.. I just don't understand!!!

The reason I went through this was to stop it happening to anyone else ..

I am a well educated , professional women and he was/is a taxi driver .. WHY WHY WHY would anyone think I would consent to ANYTHING with anyone other than my husband !

I just want to disappear.

PS. I'm sorry to all those people questioning going to the Police - DO DO DO they were AMAZING ! I couldn't have asked for better support / treatment .. and in court was tough but again .. immense support from all round. DO NOT THINK TWICE .. report report report. Do not let anyone get away with abuse EVER
    I'm not qualified to do any more than to say that rape must be a truly awful experience I can't even begin to empathise. But I really hope you find a way to come through this. I suspect though that you may do better in another forum. This is really for people who have been falsely accused of rape. My heart goes out to you and I truly hope you can find some peace

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
      I suspect though that you may do better in another forum. This is really for people who have been falsely accused of rape.
      This is not strictly true as the forum was founded by Phil & Jo with a quite a broad remit: just view the home page, there is even a section on marriage, though I can't recollect anyone ever posting in there!

What is true is that, while we have had more than a few members who have experienced rape, there are only two who have been recently active in the forum and it may therefore be a while before they see this post and respond to it.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Lostlady

I am so sorry you went through what you did and then you were failed. Sadly, in sex cases there can only be one of three outcomes:

1: The jury gets it right

2: The guilty sometimes walk free

3: The innocent are wrongly convicted

At least you can look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself "at least I tried". It was a brave step you took.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Rapist not guilty

I was raped some years ago,my attacker only appeared in court recently and they found him not guilty by a 2 to 10 majority. I felt as though I was on trial and spent nearly 4 hours in the witness box,I felt truly awful. I just could not imagine what made them come back with not guilty. I knew that I wasnt his only victim but was not allowed to say that. You just have to get on with life. It was explained to me that the jury have to believe beyond reasonable doubt, if not then it has to be not guilty I'm afraid. I do feel so sorry for you,I know that hopless empty feeling after the trial,but you,we,will come through it

Comment

Working...
          X