Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail extention

Hello everyone
    had my lasy bail date extended by 3 months in January, I am wondering if there is a time limit, to knowing if Bail will be extended again or not?
    Do they ever let the person know like say a day before if bail has been extended?
    Are you able to call the police and ask if youe bail is going to be extended or not? Or even ask if you are going to be charged?
    do bail extentions always come in the form of a text/call?
    Or do you sometimes show up at a bail date and it gets extended at the station?
    Are you held in a cell when you go to answer bail?
    I would really appreciate any answers
    Thank you

If you look at other threads you will probably find your answers there
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I have tried for the last 3 days and I have been able to find any threads addressing bail extentions,
      Even on Google nothing is coming up, just my luck
      Thanks

Comment

Hi breathagain,

Sorry for being in the same situation like most of us in here....

Answers in line:

I am wondering if there is a time limit, to knowing if Bail will be extended again or not?

There is no time limit to let you know if the bail will be extended. In my case the DC is letting me know with ~2 days before

Do they ever let the person know like say a day before if bail has been extended?

In my case the OIC is letting me know with ~2 days before

Are you able to call the police and ask if youe bail is going to be extended or not? Or even ask if you are going to be charged?

You can call the OIC and he will tel you if the bail will be extended or not. Also you can ask if you are going to be charged or not but they are not compelled to answer.

In my case in the beginning was a piece of paper in the post and a call from the OIC but for the past 4 months is just a text or a call.

Have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by suiram View Post
          Hi breathagain,

Answers in line:

I am wondering if there is a time limit, to knowing if Bail will be extended again or not?

There is no time limit to let you know if the bail will be extended. In my case the DC is letting me know with ~2 days before

You can call the OIC and he will tel you if the bail will be extended or not. Also you can ask if you are going to be charged or not but they are not compelled to answer.

In my case in the beginning was a piece of paper in the post and a call from the OIC but for the past 4 months is just a text or a call.

Have no idea.
          You can be held in a cell when answering bail yes, it has happened to me in the past and i was nearly held the last time i answered bail because somebody had gone over their hours for the day with another person answering. Fortunately the oic advised the desk Sargent on how i could be bailed without seeing this other somebody.

Comment

With regards to being told about bail extensions; i wasnt told until the day i answered, in spite of them knowing for some time that i was being re bailed. ... they didnt have time to doorstep me they said!

Comment

Originally posted by suiram View Post
              Hi breathagain,

Answers in line:

Have no idea.
              Thank you very much for taking your time to answer my questions,
              I do hope you are standing strong! How long have you been on bail now? And how many times have you been rebailed? At least you Lucky you have not set foot in the police station again so far

Comment

thank you for your time

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
                With regards to being told about bail extensions; i wasnt told until the day i answered, in spite of them knowing for some time that i was being re bailed. ... they didnt have time to doorstep me they said!
                Hello Edinashed
                I hope you standing strong in this struggle, so how many time have you been rebailed?

Comment

Originally posted by breathagain View Post
                  Hello Edinashed
                  I hope you standing strong in this struggle, so how many time have you been rebailed?
                  No im not, this accusation has only exacerbated a pre existing drug problem for me. i will be on bail 7 months the next time i answer(which will only be the second time) and ive no doubt it will be police bail again from what i can gather on here. Im not high risk or a danger to the public so i just go to the bottom of the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by edinashed View Post
                    No im not, this accusation has only exacerbated a pre existing drug problem for me. i will be on bail 7 months the next time i answer(which will only be the second time) and ive no doubt it will be police bail again from what i can gather on here. Im not high risk or a danger to the public so i just go to the bottom of the pile.
                    I think you are stronger and doing better than you giving youryourself credit for! Just the fact that you are to respond to me in my time of need shows me you still have some fire in your belly!
                    Regardless of the outcome, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, just like winter is coming to an end!
                    This too shall pass.
                    my prayer is that you continue to live your life before this fiasco, keep your head up

Comment

Hi guys

I think you are stronger and doing better than you giving youryourself credit for! Just the fact that you are to respond to me in my time of need shows me you still have some fire in your belly!
                      Regardless of the outcome, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, just like winter is coming to an end!
                      This too shall pass.
                      my prayer is that you continue to live your life before this fiasco, keep your head up
                      I'm starting to think this will be quite common. Cases being put to one side I mean. I'm sure things like the considered danger of the individual will be a consideration. I don't like the fact that the accusers are allowed to change their stories on the grounds that they can be considered traumatised, where we, the accused are supposed to take matters in our stride without a hint of trauma at the prospect of where we may find ourselves.

Comment

With regards to Bail Extensions, it's good to hear the topic being discussed recently in the media eg. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30277989

http://www.theguardian.com/media/gre...cratic-society

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottin...ail/story.html

It is disgraceful that the police can seemingly take as long as they like. There must be a limit or at least they should have some hurdles to go through to get a bail extension agreed so its not without challenge. Perhaps those who have been re-bailed should receive a much higher priority in order to help get it complete. ie. an acknowledgement from the Police that they have a duty to the accused as well as the accuser. For me, the period on bail (which was not as long as many people on here) was very much a punishment in terms of what it did to me having this accusation hanging over my head. Im not sure how long it will be before I am fully recovered from the experience of being on bail

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
                          I'm starting to think this will be quite common. Cases being put to one side I mean. I'm sure things like the considered danger of the individual will be a consideration. I don't like the fact that the accusers are allowed to change their stories on the grounds that they can be considered traumatised, where we, the accused are supposed to take matters in our stride without a hint of trauma at the prospect of where we may find ourselves.
                          I think its all a part of a much wider problem!
                          Mans rights! No one fights or represents the man.
                          at some point we are going to have to pull together and fight for protection and major shift in attitudes and legislation. I have to admit prior to me being in this predicament, it never crossed my mind that someone could falsely accuse someone of rape, I always assumed there was an element of truth when someone is accused,
                          Now are now how endangered we men are,
                          Why is it police have targets for convictions and no targets targets for innocent people being exonerated?
                          It shows that instead of serving and protecting
                          they want to lock up as many man as possible

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
                            With regards to Bail Extensions, it's good to hear the topic being discussed recently in the media eg. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30277989

http://www.theguardian.com/media/gre...cratic-society

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottin...ail/story.html

It is disgraceful that the police can seemingly take as long as they like. There must be a limit or at least they should have some hurdles to go through to get a bail extension agreed so its not without challenge. Perhaps those who have been re-bailed should receive a much higher priority in order to help get it complete. ie. an acknowledgement from the Police that they have a duty to the accused as well as the accuser. For me, the period on bail (which was not as long as many people on here) was very much a punishment in terms of what it did to me having this accusation hanging over my head. Im not sure how long it will be before I am fully recovered from the experience of being on bail
                            I hear you but I think sometimes bail being extended can work in your favour mentally and emotionaly
                            you are able to do more re2research I.E
                            read forums like this
                            Imagine if everyone falsely accused had to be kept in custody and taken to court at tthe earliest date?
                            How would one cop if one had never even dealt with traffic officer let alone be on trail?
                            My only problem is the conditions restrictions on someone who has not been found guilty is surely unjust

Comment

hi

I think its all a part of a much wider problem!
                              Mans rights! No one fights or represents the man.
                              at some point we are going to have to pull together and fight for protection and major shift in attitudes and legislation. I have to admit prior to me being in this predicament, it never crossed my mind that someone could falsely accuse someone of rape, I always assumed there was an element of truth when someone is accused,
                              Now are now how endangered we men are,
                              Why is it police have targets for convictions and no targets targets for innocent people being exonerated?
                              It shows that instead of serving and protecting
                              they want to lock up as many man as possible
                              Well there's something to be sais there. I don't think the police themselves are neccessarily the problem. This Ms Saunders introducing the idea that all men are guilty and have to prove their innocence; and there MUST be more convictions ( no acknowledgement of the statistic that 40% of alleged rapes are false ). If you're a copper trying to keep his/her job what are you going to do?
                              In my case I've actually had sex with the woman accusing me. The only words I heard from her were "this is lovely" this Ms Saunders is trying to say that "yes" sometimes means "no". Was I supposed to the stop and say "are you sure you don't mean this is horrible and you really want me to stop?". Ridiculous.
                              More worryingly, where's my proof? I have none. My word against hers.

Comment

Working...
                              X