Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

been falsely accused. alleged victim claiming she was raped after consensual sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been falsely accused. alleged victim claiming she was raped after consensual sex

Hi, a few weeks ago I met a girl in a club and went back to her house(she initiated it all btw) and we had consensual sex twice. To my horror and bewilderment, the next evening the police drop by and I am arrested. I have been on bail since then. So far I have only received a snippet of the police advisory notes (changed solicitor early on and am still waiting for the old solicitor to send a fuller statement from the girl over) and it reads something like 'accused went to girls flat where consensual sex took place, girl awoke at some point to find me on top of her penetrating her'. My solicitor and I assume that she is claiming the second time we had sex wasn't consensual and that was she asleep, which is a complete lie. I think she is annoyed that I left early the next morning. She even said to me 'Why don't you stay?'

Has anyone here been involved with a case similar to this? I can't really find anything much like it on the internet. Friends are family think the whole thing is ridiculous and don't think there is any way it will go to court, although I am worried as I know sometimes the girl's claim alone is sufficient evidence to proceed with court action and my solicitor has said he has seen similar cases go to court.

Hi,
    Il currently being accused of something similar its extrenly common I'm afraid .
    So have you been charged ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisthorn View Post
      Hi,
      Il currently being accused of something similar its extrenly common I'm afraid .
      So have you been charged ?
      no, on bail, am due to go back in five weeks or so

Comment

Ok well prepare yourself for a long ride I was originally arrested in October and my bail date has been changed three times now and I'm going back next in jully .

My ex has decided after three years to come forward and say that durin I wouldn't stop why he's said this I have no idea l.

The police will most likely will not have given the solicitor the statements as they like to hide information from you to use it against you, you will only get to see them if it goes to court.

Good luck fella the truth will come out eventually

Comment

Ok well prepare yourself for a long ride I was originally arrested in October and my bail date has been changed three times now and I'm going back next in jully .

My ex has decided after three years to come forward and say that durin I wouldn't stop why he's said this I have no idea l.

The police will most likely will not have given the solicitor the statements as they like to hide information from you to use it against you, you will only get to see them if it goes to court.

Good luck fella the truth will come out eventually
          damn, there was me thinking this would be thrown out quickly because surely there's no way the police would believe she would let me, a guy she met only a few hours prior, sleep in her bed for the rest of the night if she had been raped by him.

Comment

Originally posted by 9tfrizzco View Post
            damn, there was me thinking this would be thrown out quickly because surely there's no way the police would believe she would let me, a guy she met only a few hours prior, sleep in her bed for the rest of the night if she had been raped by him.
            I know it's stupid isn't it , there are some people on hear that have been on bail for two years.

I'm 21 and this is just ruining my life and I think he's said this because I told him his sex was shot when we split up .

Why wait three years to come forward and when you're asked why you waited so long say I saw something on hollyoaks.

A word of advice be very carefull who you tell ! How are you coping ?

Comment

How are you coping ?
              I go up and down. sometimes i feel fine and confident that nothing will come of it, other times i get quite panicky thinking about all the hassle I'm going to have to go through if this does go to court...let alone something worse....

Comment

I go up and down. sometimes i feel fine and confident that nothing will come of it, other times i get quite panicky thinking about all the hassle I'm going to have to go through if this does go to court...let alone something worse....
                I'm not copeing great to be honest my biggest concern is losing my house I've already been suspended from work but life must go on things will get better I'm 100 / sure of that .

Keep coming on hear tho as it's good to know you're not alone.

I wouldn't worry about going to court just yet, and something that my original solicitor said to me was you never get a decision on you're first bail date as you find that they haven't prepaired you're case for the cps as if yet .

I've been advised that if I am charged I'm going to be remanded into custody until the trial that's what's freaking me out

Comment

Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I have received two police disclosure documents that say different things. The first one that my solicitor read to me at the police station spoke of the alleged victim 'waking up to find me forcibly restraining her whist having sex with her', whilst a later one that was passed on from my previous solicitor to my new one leaves out the 'waking up' part, and just says ' it is alleged that sexual activity has taken place and x has forcibly restrained x whilst having vaginal intercourse with her'. My solicitor says that this doesn't imply she was forced into sex, just that she didn't agree to something that she interpreted as 'forcible restraint'. Would you agree with this? Or could it just be poorly worded and the police officer does mean to say that sex was forced? It's so frustrating how lacking in elaboration these disclosures are.

Also, my solicitor for now is in fact saying that the new document is the SAME as the on that was read out to me at the police station , even though I definitely remember something being read out to me along those lines of 'waking up to find..' by my old solicitor, and I discussed this waking up bit with my new solicitor previously.I suppose someone will have to retrieve the old disclosure(my new solicitor doesn't have it). I have no idea why the bit about 'waking up' was left out of the new one though. Could it be that she retracted it? Or that the police are holding it back? But why would they hold it back if they've already mentioned it?
                  Last edited by 9tfrizzco; 21 March 2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

The best thing you could do is ask you're solicitor to request the tapes from the interview, they are available at anytime throughout the case unlike statements etc.

Hope that helps how are you ?

Comment

The best thing you could do is ask you're solicitor to request the tapes from the interview, they are available at anytime throughout the case unlike statements etc.

Of her interview?? really??

and alright thanks, quite confused though really, i have no clear idea what the accusation is.

Comment

The DVDs of the ABE interview won't be made available at the request of the solicitor and they are not available anytime.

They have to be requested, yes, but once viewed (usually at the solicitor's office but not always) they have to be returned to the CPS. The transcripts of the ABE(s) however, once a suspect has been charged, are available to the defence.
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                          The DVDs of the ABE interview won't be made available at the request of the solicitor and they are not available anytime.

They have to be requested, yes, but once viewed (usually at the solicitor's office but not always) they have to be returned to the CPS. The transcripts of the ABE(s) however, once a suspect has been charged, are available to the defence.

I meant his interview tapes

Comment

Hiya

Of her interview?? really??

and alright thanks, quite confused though really, i have no clear idea what the accusation is.
                            I don't know if this is at all helpful, it may be that your side of events has been put to her and she has been re-interviewed. Nowadays victims (we have to call them such even if the claims are false) are allowed to change the tale as often as they want and it's just put down to the trauma of the alleged offence. Things that when I was a child would have been taken as reasonable doubt and lead to an aqquital are now all brushed to one side in the interest of putting conviction rates up. If you can get the statement I'm sure that'll help. I might try that myself.
                            A friend of mine was accused of raping his wife while he was asleep, he was told that this is a medical condition and recognised as such. Were you awake during the alleged incident? I ask this because my father told me he went out with a woman once and woke up to find her on top of him. He doesn't know if she was awake or not. She satisfied herself, gave a little giggle and rolled off him.
                            Don,t know if this helps- hope it will.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
                              I don't know if this is at all helpful, it may be that your side of events has been put to her and she has been re-interviewed. Nowadays victims (we have to call them such even if the claims are false) are allowed to change the tale as often as they want and it's just put down to the trauma of the alleged offence. Things that when I was a child would have been taken as reasonable doubt and lead to an aqquital are now all brushed to one side in the interest of putting conviction rates up. If you can get the statement I'm sure that'll help. I might try that myself.
                              A friend of mine was accused of raping his wife while he was asleep, he was told that this is a medical condition and recognised as such. Were you awake during the alleged incident? I ask this because my father told me he went out with a woman once and woke up to find her on top of him. He doesn't know if she was awake or not. She satisfied herself, gave a little giggle and rolled off him.
                              Don,t know if this helps- hope it will.
                              no, i wasnt alseep and neither was she, we had sex in numerous positions

Comment

Working...
                              X