Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks cas hardened

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    They may have just found out that you are a member of this forum but seriously at this stage it is so easy to want to read positive or negative signs in just about anything; but the simplest explanation is that one of his superiors was in earshot!
    Thanks for the reply casehardened. Yup' I'm at the stage where I am hoping for signs, I think you may be right: I rang back later to pass on my new mobile number and he was back to calling me mate again. He says it'll hopefully be sorted out in a couple of months and I would soooo like to believe sorted out means put to bed in my favour. Can't this forum provide a direct line to the gods so I can state my case

Comment

idea

Originally posted by jittery View Post
      Thanks for the reply casehardened. Yup' I'm at the stage where I am hoping for signs, I think you may be right: I rang back later to pass on my new mobile number and he was back to calling me mate again. He says it'll hopefully be sorted out in a couple of months and I would soooo like to believe sorted out means put to bed in my favour. Can't this forum provide a direct line to the gods so I can state my case
      Just a thought. I've lost my job through all this, my employer didn't have a choice as I work with vulnerable people sometimes. I have found warehouse work with an agency. Helps keep your mind off things and fills some of the hours of the day. Good luck to you all!

Comment

Just a thought. I've lost my job through all this, my employer didn't have a choice as I work with vulnerable people sometimes. I have found warehouse work with an agency. Helps keep your mind off things and fills some of the hours of the day. Good luck to you all!
        how come your work even know? were you arrested at work?

Comment

work

Originally posted by 9tfrizzco View Post
          how come your work even know? were you arrested at work?
          No. Unfortunately I was working for a local authority. The police have got to notify them even if I have been accused and not charged. Of course my accuser is signing on, like a lot of people I'll lose everything if the worst comes to the worst and she will be entirely unaffected ( my uncharitable hope is that the guilt will lead to her having some kind of breakdown ). How are you getting on?

Comment

hi all

No. Unfortunately I was working for a local authority. The police have got to notify them even if I have been accused and not charged. Of course my accuser is signing on, like a lot of people I'll lose everything if the worst comes to the worst and she will be entirely unaffected ( my uncharitable hope is that the guilt will lead to her having some kind of breakdown ). How are you getting on?
            Still no real news here. I applied for a job with overnight stays, asked if my bail conditions could be changed to enable me to do this. The answer I got was "just tell them you can't do overnight stays for a couple of months, hopefully by then we'll have sorted this out". I'd like to think this sounds optimistic, but I imagine anyone in this situation will have felt like this at some point.
            One general question. I've noticed that hundreds of people have looked at this thread, but that the number of comments is proportionately very low. Is this because people are looking for a ray of hope from my case? If that's the case I hope I will have something constructive to offer soon.

Comment

One general question. I've noticed that hundreds of people have looked at this thread, but that the number of comments is proportionately very low. Is this because people are looking for a ray of hope from my case? If that's the case I hope I will have something constructive to offer soon.
              Anyone can view the forum without registering, though they cannot post unless they do, this is why we urge anonymity, so there may be a number of non-members following your story, hopefully for altruistic reasons!

TBH I don't know if the post count includes non-registered but it includes each individual viewing i.e every time a new post is added the view count will go up by the number of folks who are monitoring the thread but they may not necessarily respond; hope this makes sense!
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I think that most threads on here are read by many people for different reasons:

1: The have been falsely accused and look for advice/hope from other people's experiences

2: They have been rightfully accused and are looking for some sort of "advice" and assistance in order to get out of it

3: Some will be members of the public being nosy

4: Some will be "the authorities" such as the police, SS and CPS. Hence the need to keep most details out of posting

5: Interested solicitors and others who hope to gain clients from here.

I heard recently that some duty solicitors hang around police station and courts in the hope of pouncing on an unrepresented person. That will be down to legal aid cuts......
                Last edited by Rights Fighter; 22 March 2015, 07:03 PM.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

hi foks

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  I think that most threads on here are read by many people for different reasons:

1: The have been falsely accused and look for advice/hope from other people's experiences

2: They have been rightfully accused and are looking for some sort of "advice" and assistance in order to get out of it

3: Some will be members of the public being nosy

4: Some will be "the authorities" such as the police, SS and CPS. Hence the need to keep most details out of posting

5: Interested solicitors and others who hope to gain clients from here.

I heard recently that some duty solicitors hang around police station and courts in the hope of pouncing on an unrepresented person. That will be down to legal aid cuts......
                  I must admit some of those points occured to me later in the day. I remember a manager who allegedly spent sunday afternoons watching the trackers to make sure no one was using a company van. This society is heading for a dark age, seems like the tipping point's been reached and it'll only take a small push........

Comment

Hi Jittery

I have to say that you are doing a fab job of supporting other people despite going through your own sh*t. Thanks for that

Comment

Hi

My son went through similar last year. Girl initiated going back with him, had consensual sex - left next day all fine. My son had witnesses but she was on her own. She said she woke up to find her underwear round her ankles. Total lies. He was bailed for 8 weeks then day before due to go to station to answer bail, he was called to say NFA.

I'm still angry that as far as we know she won't be prosecuted for lying but we all went through hell. So unfaor.

Fingers crossed for you for the same outcome.

Comment

thanks

Hi Jittery

I have to say that you are doing a fab job of supporting other people despite going through your own sh*t. Thanks for that
                        Hi Rights Fighter,
                        No problem. I'm lucky in that I have some good friends I can turn to. Some supportive words can make a world of difference I find so I'm only too pleased to pass the feelings on :-). On the downside I've lost my warehouse job as my hip folded underneath me, hey ho, the agency say there should be something else along soon. Let's hope that's the case!

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by changethelaw View Post
                          Hi

My son went through similar last year. Girl initiated going back with him, had consensual sex - left next day all fine. My son had witnesses but she was on her own. She said she woke up to find her underwear round her ankles. Total lies. He was bailed for 8 weeks then day before due to go to station to answer bail, he was called to say NFA.

I'm still angry that as far as we know she won't be prosecuted for lying but we all went through hell. So unfaor.

Fingers crossed for you for the same outcome.
                          Hi changethelaw,
                          Thanks for the message. It is a pretty shocking state of affairs. I hope he's managed to fet his life back together. I'll probably struggle, but hopefully I'll manage something. I agree, there should be some form of punishment for false accusers. Like your son's accuser, mine's just telling a pack of lies too, I'm just hoping this will be seen in time. I think it probably will, the police do have a lot of experience of people like this and I feel sure they will make the right descision in my case too.
                          thanks again and all the best to you all :-)

Comment

Jittery, many people who come on here only post on their own threads, or just on a few threads that they can relate to.

It is heartening to see some helping and supporting others when they are going through their own sort of hell.

Comment

Hi

Jittery, many people who come on here only post on their own threads, or just on a few threads that they can relate to.

It is heartening to see some helping and supporting others when they are going through their own sort of hell.
                              Thanks Rights Fighter , wish I could do better than just offer a few clumsy words of encouragement!

Comment

Your "clumsy" words may well have already saved one person's life. The fact that a complete stranger will write words of encouragement on the thread of a person who is drowning in despair, can mean the difference between life and death. Or less dramatically, can make a very a bad day better.

Whichever it is, you can make a positive difference in the space of a few words.

Comment

Working...
                                X