Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    I'm thinking his phone is still with the police. There are some really good computer/phone forensic experts out there, (should their be a charge). They can usually be instructed on legal aid once there is a charge - no pun intended
    The police still have my phone, I was able to recover the photos without it.

Rights fighter, would you say that since the police asked me to provide these photos to them that it would imply they were unable to recover them themselves? Or are they just being lazy? Or do they have an ulterior motive for wanting me to submit them?

Comment

Possibly there is nothing sinister in it at all. It could/will be that forensics are stacked up and for you to willingly provide them quickly could save time in the long run.

Obviously don't give them originals - assuming you have them on your computer from a previous back-up? Preferably take screenshots rather than copy and paste as it is much easier to edit copy/pastes, so more credible.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Possibly there is nothing sinister in it at all. It could/will be that forensics are stacked up and for you to willingly provide them quickly could save time in the long run.

Obviously don't give them originals - assuming you have them on your computer from a previous back-up? Preferably take screenshots rather than copy and paste as it is much easier to edit copy/pastes, so more credible.
        Apparently, the process they use is to pull up the original photos on the phone whilst video recording the images on the phone. They then keep that video and it is what they keep for evidence. I was surprised to learn this but that's what the detective told me will be the procedure.

Comment

hi tdm

Originally posted by Tdm View Post
          You may want to do what you can to retrieve the text messages yourself. Contact your mobile provider, if they can't produce the actual text they may be able to confirm that there were messages sent from her number to yours on a particular date which would back up your story somewhat.

Also, perhaps try restoring previous electronic backups from your phone. In my case, the police were unable to retrieve all the romantic and naughty text messages she sent me after the night of the alleged incident but I was however able to retrieve the photos sent during those conversations. These photos were sexually explicit and sent to me by her and were time stamped. The conversations may not be available but at least I was able to get the pics to back up my story. The police have asked me to provide these pictures to them, leading me to believe that they were not able to retrieve them either.

It's worth a shot anyways. Also, anywhere you and her or at least just her may have been caught on cctv immediately after the alleged incident would be helpful. One thing the prosecution can use against you is the alleged victim being shown to be in distress immediately afterward. Perhaps somewhere there is footage disproving this?

Not sure if this helps but keep thinking, a few things occurred to me much later than my initial thoughts that may help me.

Thanks for taking an interest, the police have still got my phone, the last three or four texts I did not delete as I was beginning to suspect something was afoot but all the romantic ones I did delete. I'll take you up on your suggestion to try and get hold of them myself. I was hoping the forensics team would be able to retrieve the messages in their entirety, does the fact that there has been contact weaken my accuser's case if the content cannot be retrieved? My worry is that even if she is confronted with these texts she only has to say she was so terrified of me that she she strung me along to lower my guard so I wouldn't kill her. We spent the entire day together after the alleged rape walking in the country, no evidence at all alas! unless she admits to any of this my case is very weak.

Comment

open question to anybody

Has anybody managed to retrieve deleted texts from their phone via their provider and if so how did you manage it? I do not have the phone in my possession.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
              Thanks for taking an interest, the police have still got my phone, the last three or four texts I did not delete as I was beginning to suspect something was afoot but all the romantic ones I did delete. I'll take you up on your suggestion to try and get hold of them myself. I was hoping the forensics team would be able to retrieve the messages in their entirety, does the fact that there has been contact weaken my accuser's case if the content cannot be retrieved? My worry is that even if she is confronted with these texts she only has to say she was so terrified of me that she she strung me along to lower my guard so I wouldn't kill her. We spent the entire day together after the alleged rape walking in the country, no evidence at all alas! unless she admits to any of this my case is very weak.
              Smart phones have location services on them using gps. Perhaps, since you spent all day together, that the accuser and/or both of you sent messages, took pictures, made Facebook posts etc... that could verify you were together that day and in that particular location.

Also, (this one I'm not sure about) perhaps your respective mobile providers would be able to confirm what area you were both in on a particular date using information from which towers your mobiles were picking up signals.

Either way I'd try getting to as much info as possible. Even cctv from the train you took together to the countryside or motorway cameras if you drove there.

If you're telling the truth, I doubt any of these efforts could work against you.

Comment

Has anybody managed to retrieve deleted texts from their phone via their provider and if so how did you manage it? I do not have the phone in my possession.
                If it soon after you deleted them, I know iPhones in particular will give you the option to restore data from the last three dates it was backed up.

Comment

If it soon after you deleted them, I know iPhones in particular will give you the option to restore data from the last three dates it was backed up.
                  Also, Rights Fighter has posted info on credible electronic forensic companies but you will need the phone itself for this to be useful. If you are charged, your legal team should have access to the phone to get this done

Comment

thanks tdm

Also, Rights Fighter has posted info on credible electronic forensic companies but you will need the phone itself for this to be useful. If you are charged, your legal team should have access to the phone to get this done
                    All useful info. Yes I am telling the truth, I'm not worried there, alas I don't think we went past any cameras, we went into a shop in Bewdley together, only a little corner shop, doubt if they have cctv and there's no reason they would have to remember us if the police asked them it'd be 3 or 4 weeks after the event. Phone evidence might be my only chance here. From what I can gather, her tale is that I attacked her in her bedroom ripping her trousers and knickers off before raping her. I'd in fact spent the night sleeping in her bed with her and it's a one thing lead to another type thing in the morning, my accuser joined in quite willingly even to the extent of participating herself. Her tale of course is that she said no and I just went ahead and raped her. Pack of lies but how the hell do I prove that?
                    I'll try going to a local vodaphone office and speak to a manager, see exactly what they can and can't do for me.
                    Bugger isn't it , I've had to lose my job as I work with vulnerable people. Her life is totally unaffected as she's on benefits. Still could be worse we could be innocent children who've had their family killed around them by money driven oil "wars".

Comment

my accuser joined in quite willingly even to the extent of participating herself.
                      Oil wars aside , I expect you are referring to something specific here and the context has been lost but With respect to this being consensual you should be careful on how you communicate. Ie. in any future encounter with the police

Comment

thanks Joe

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
                        Oil wars aside , I expect you are referring to something specific here and the context has been lost but With respect to this being consensual you should be careful on how you communicate. Ie. in any future encounter with the police
                        Thanks Joe, I will have a solicitor next time if there is any further encounter with the police (I'm guessing there will be). All I have said is that she seemed to be participating to maximise her own pleasure. that is all I can say. I have no proof. I'm hoping it will lead to doubts being raised in the police's mind as to the validity of her story. But what do I know? We spent the day out together and she started telling me that she had been sexually abused by relatives, if this is true then anything could be happening in her mind. All I can say is that she seemed ok at the time, went a bit wierd in the afternoon but was ok when I left her. We arranged to see each other again, all seemed well got messages telling me she loved me, was looking forward to seeing me again, etc. In reality the second I left she must have rung the police. The only consolation I can take is that my solicitor said it's not the behaviour of somebody who's been raped, but what I am lacking is any proof I can only hope the texts she sent me can be retrieved.

Comment

Thanks Joe, I will have a solicitor next time if there is any further encounter with the police (I'm guessing there will be). All I have said is that she seemed to be participating to maximise her own pleasure. that is all I can say. I have no proof. I'm hoping it will lead to doubts being raised in the police's mind as to the validity of her story. But what do I know? We spent the day out together and she started telling me that she had been sexually abused by relatives, if this is true then anything could be happening in her mind. All I can say is that she seemed ok at the time, went a bit wierd in the afternoon but was ok when I left her. We arranged to see each other again, all seemed well got messages telling me she loved me, was looking forward to seeing me again, etc. In reality the second I left she must have rung the police. The only consolation I can take is that my solicitor said it's not the behaviour of somebody who's been raped, but what I am lacking is any proof I can only hope the texts she sent me can be retrieved.
                          yes hopefully the texts can be recovered, they would be helpful im sure as anything which indicates that the accuser seemed Ok has got to help bring doubt. Even so hopefully there will simply not be enough evidence for the CPS to be able to proceed with a trial. As has been stated on here many times, one persons word over another persons can be enough to go to trial it seems- but hopefully in most cases the CPS is not likely to charge without some additional fuel, basically because they need to feel confident any trial has a decent chance of success -otherwise it's a waste of time and money. So you need to be positive and confident, but obviously also prepared and cautious. Do you know how long you have until your bail date, the waiting is a real killer, again another reason to keep positive.

Comment

thanks again Joe

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
                            yes hopefully the texts can be recovered, they would be helpful im sure as anything which indicates that the accuser seemed Ok has got to help bring doubt. Even so hopefully there will simply not be enough evidence for the CPS to be able to proceed with a trial. As has been stated on here many times, one persons word over another persons can be enough to go to trial it seems- but hopefully in most cases the CPS is not likely to charge without some additional fuel, basically because they need to feel confident any trial has a decent chance of success -otherwise it's a waste of time and money. So you need to be positive and confident, but obviously also prepared and cautious. Do you know how long you have until your bail date, the waiting is a real killer, again another reason to keep positive.
                            My bail date is 5th May. I don't feel worried for the most part because I know I haven't raped this woman, but the more I read I am a bit unsettled. It's more the affect it might have on my parents. I haven't told them yet, they are old and not in good health. My solicitor laughed at the accused's suggestion that I ejaculated inside her and twenty minutes later I did it all over again. I'm 51 years old- I'd be flattered under any other circumstances. I'm hoping I've got it right, on the cps page it seems to suggest that generally they don't pursue cases where it's one person's word against another. Luckily because of my age I know that money will probably be the deciding factor as to whether this goes further or not- let's hope my gut feeling is right. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to get in touch, I appreciate it.

Comment

something new

My bail date is 5th May. I don't feel worried for the most part because I know I haven't raped this woman, but the more I read I am a bit unsettled. It's more the affect it might have on my parents. I haven't told them yet, they are old and not in good health. My solicitor laughed at the accused's suggestion that I ejaculated inside her and twenty minutes later I did it all over again. I'm 51 years old- I'd be flattered under any other circumstances. I'm hoping I've got it right, on the cps page it seems to suggest that generally they don't pursue cases where it's one person's word against another. Luckily because of my age I know that money will probably be the deciding factor as to whether this goes further or not- let's hope my gut feeling is right. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to get in touch, I appreciate it.
                              Well this is new. Spoke to the police today, all of a sudden I'm Mr (my surname) or sir, where before I was (my christian name) or mate. I'm a bit worried that this new formality may be a bad sign, has anybody else had experience of this or does it just depend what sort of day the charge officer's having?

Comment

Well this is new. Spoke to the police today, all of a sudden I'm Mr (my surname) or sir, where before I was (my christian name) or mate. I'm a bit worried that this new formality may be a bad sign, has anybody else had experience of this or does it just depend what sort of day the charge officer's having?
                                They may have just found out that you are a member of this forum but seriously at this stage it is so easy to want to read positive or negative signs in just about anything; but the simplest explanation is that one of his superiors was in earshot!
                                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                                X