Best friend wrongly accused of rape - ANY HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best friend wrongly accused of rape - ANY HELP NEEDED

I've known my friend for over 3 years now and he has been nothing but a sweetheart. We've met on a night out and had a fling for while but then decided we're better off being friends. He's lived with me for few months since then, slept in the same bed and would never ever force me to have sex. He hangs out with all of my girlfriends and would never try doing anything wrong. We all happened to be with him when really drunk and he would never try to take advantage of it. He's a really good lad, and I'm not only saying it because he's my best friend, anyone who knows him would say the same.

In August, he went out with his friend (guy he's met in London and hanged out with probably total of 15 times in a year). While on a night out he would call me few times asking where I was as he was bored and wanted to join me and the girls. He never did. He met 2 French girls with his mate, they then carried on drinking and the girls went to my friend's friend place. All of them were drunk. My friend had sex with one of them, as in foreplay first, he gave her oral (DNA taken) and then had sex. That's when his friend burst into the bathroom and started shouting he's raping the girl and punched him. He put his trousers on and left the place, as he was shocked and didn't know what was going on. He then came back after a little while and waited for the police to come. He made sure he kept distance from the friend and the girls (I personally think the friend didn't pull and since he was on drugs and drinks was upset and that was the reason of the whole case). My friend was very cooperative with the police; gave statements, sample and all that was needed. The police officers told him he looks like a good lad and that the case shouldn't really have been raised, but it was... The girl had no signs of being taken by force but once the friend burst into the bathroom shouting rape she started crying. The basis of the rape is that the girl was apparently unconscious and drunk but she was throwing up before sex happened so clearly she would get some of it out of her system. My friend would never had sex with someone who wouldn't want it. I know it for a fact, whether or not he's drunk he always respects others.

He's only told me about it over the weekend, went through it for the last 7 months on his own, he was afraid to lose me as a friend... heartbreaking that is... Is there any way I can help?

To sum things up: he's 2 people saying he's raped the girl (his friend and the girl's friend) but they only saw him pulling his trousers up....he didn't escaped the place or prevented the course of justice. Will he be able to prove his innocence?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Firstly well done for supporting your friend now that he's finally confided in you; this will be a lifeline to him.

Just a couple of queries to help members understand the situation:
    Originally posted by dots View Post
    To sum things up: he's 2 people saying he's raped the girl (his friend and the girl's friend) but they only saw him pulling his trousers up....he didn't escaped the place or prevented the course of justice. Will he be able to prove his innocence?
    Presumably the girl is also alleging rape?

Is he still on bail or has he been charged?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi and thank you!

It really breaks my heart to see what he's going through as I know well he wouldn't do it ever.

That's right the girl was also alleging rape, he's unsure whether still but they all did when police came

He's still on bail and the court case is kept being postponed...

Thanks so much for your reply...

Comment

As he is on bail there is some general advice in this link which may be helpful:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you!

thank you so much! I will pass that link on to him :-)

It is very true, what does not kill you most certainly makes you stronger. I believe in him and will do my best to help him

Comment

Working...
          X