Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No evidence!?

Hi all.
    My partner has been accused of assalt and rape. A private party at a bar lead to a girl and her friend (not my partner) having sex in the toilets. She has a boyfriend.
    My partner had no sexual contact with her at all, but he was arrested after she said he punched her unconcious, then she awoke to see him zipping himself up.
    Although they will find no dna aparty from the other guy i am worried, as she has a bruised face from drunkenly falling over, and there is no cctv.
    There was one witness who will back up the story but he went to the bathroom for a minute or two.
    My partner is a wonderful man who wouldnt hurt a fly, and this could cost him everything (except me), someone please give me good news?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Firstly it is good that you will support your partner through this ordeal, this will be very helpful for him.

Obviously the girl has made the rape accusation to deflect the wrath of her boyfriend but it is rather puzzling that she chose your partner to accuse rather than the man she actually had intercourse with; as you rightly point out, there will be no evidence to take it forward.

There is some general advice in this link which he might find helpful:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Regarding his particular circumstances, the key defence witness is the man the girl had intercourse with; is he identifiable, will he be co-operative; did your partner mention him in the police interview?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

it could be she was so drunk that she really can't remember who it was pulling their zip up and has a hazy memory of speaking with or even just seeing your partner.

If she has alleged rape one would expect some sort of DNA and even if she did not, as she believes she saw "somebody" zipping himself up one would think that there may be DNA of some sort, in any event.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

After speaking to him a bit more, he has told me he accidentally walked in on them in the toilets, and also that she was a bit confused at the end of the nght. I am now worried she may actually have seen his face and gotten confused, I dont know if thia is a bad thing, as it may mean she really thinks he did it.
        As for the other guy, he is her friend, and suposed to be a friend of my partners. I dont know if he will co operate, from what I hear, the girl was telling him as she was leaving that she thought my partner had done this to her. The other guy then confronted my partner, after taking her home/to the station, we dont know, but i think he may have been who phoned the police.
        My partner has told the police about him, so I can only hope they DNA test him too.
        This has blown our whole lives apart, my partner is beside himself and even beginning to question himself, even though it us not even rational. 'but what if i had a blackout, what if i did it?'
        Even if he had been way more drunk, had a total personality transplant and then reverted back to normal after, they were with the third, most sober person the whole time, apart from a wee break. The toilets are 6 steps away, no corners or anything. Not enough time. He didn't do it, but hes so panicked and shocked hes going round in circles. . Sorry to rant but i have to be strong for him and i cant talk to anyone else, its too horrible and private
        Last edited by 123123; 26 February 2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Thanks, I understand a bit better now, the girl obviously didn't want to accuse her friend of rape, so picked on your partner as the only other option!

As the accusation was current rather than historic, the medical examination and DNA swabbing will be very relevant and will exonerate your partner though of course she may persist with the assault allegation.

Comment

We have heard from the other guy, obviously very breifly as were not suposed to speak. It wasnt him who called police, he put her in a taxi, she said something to the driver and he took her to the police. The other guy thinks she gas made a mistake and it will blow over, but we have not heard anything yet, and the girl has deleted her facebook page. I cant help thinking although everything seems to be on our side, we could be in for a battle.
            My boyfriend has gone from sitting in a room staring into space to overcompensating busyness. I know we cant worry fir months abd have to get on, but i dont want to get complacent.
            No one else has been called to give a statement yet, ie the witness, , its been a whole week, does it usually take so long?

Comment

A whole week? Some people have waited up to two years hon. That is not to say that will happen in this case, but you need to prepare yourself possibly for a long ride.

Read other threads and you will no doubt get some of your upcoming questions answered in those.

Comment

Oh I wasn't expecting a resolution in a week, I just thought they would be quicker questioning people, getting things fresh etc, i have probably watched too much tv.
                The other witness has been questioned now.
                I will read through some more threads, i read a lot when i first found the site, i was horrified to see how common this seems to be :-(

Comment

They are stacked back to back with sex cases. Some are not completely innocent but the allegations have been embellished to add to a claim for compensation, some are guilty of the whole lot, and some are guilty of more, but have just not been reported. And some are completely innocent. It's a lot of work to get through.......

Comment

I am so relieved to say we got a letter today, not enough evidence, bail cancelled!
                    Thanks everyone who gave me advice, although I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemt, I hope that anyone reading this in the same situation gets a resolution as quickly as we did. Good luck all

Comment

Brilliant news, that was quick!! Please accept the traditional bananas on his behalf

Comment

Working...
                      X