Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North London Barrister successful defends 16 Husbands accused of raping their wifes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North London Barrister successful defends 16 Husbands accused of raping their wifes

Hi

The following daily mail article discusses the scale of husbands being acquitted of raping their wife’s -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bad-other.html

I have extracted the main paragraphs -

“Leading barrister Jonathan Davies, who is also a Crown Court judge, said earlier this year that rape had been 'taken over by the convicting brigade'.

He revealed in an article last month how he had successfully defended 16 rape cases at a North London court - none of which should have gone to court”.

The average cost of a rape trial in the Crown court is £80,000.

So based on there being 91 Crown Courts in England this would mean that false rape allegations are costing £115M per year.

I know from my own experience that my ex-wife used rape as part of her divorce process to have me removed from the family home and barred from seeing the children.

My ex-wife accused me of raping her every day for 20 years, but my son who slept in the next room said in court that he never heard anything.

Also, there was no medical evidence or witnesses produced at my trial by the Police and CPS and I was found not guilty on 5 counts of rape.

I believe the reference to the convicting brigade is to women feminist groups.

Furthermore, these feminist groups seem to have convinced the coalition government that convicting more husbands of raping their wife’s is a vote winner.

However, rape has not been proven to be a vote winner and only is pushing many male voters towards UKIP.

Thanks for this link.

It is a shame that the 'Advisory Panel' doesn't appreciate (or doesn't want to!) that rape accusations can sometimes be used as a weapon for revenge.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I believe the reference to the convicting brigade is to women feminist groups.
      Not necessarily. The Police and CPS are under great pressure to fulfill government-set rape conviction targets. It's big business.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi

This situation is not acceptable.

My ex-wife threatened to have me charged with her rape if I did not do as she wanted on several occasions uselessly to do with financial decisions.

Knowing that she would almost certainly getaway with making a false rape allegation.

This is effectively a form of blackmail.

I told the police this while being interviewed for 24 hours, but the police paid no attention to my claims.

The women Police officer who interviewed me just wanted the glory of bringing in a rapist to justice.

She sat in the court for the full 11 days of my rape trail beaming like a Cheshire cat.

But when I was found not guilty she looked completely shocked.

I made a complaint to IPCC about my case, but was basically told that the Police and CPS still believe I am guilty but had not have enough evidence for a conviction.

If Jonathan Davis is correct that all husbands charged with rape are being found not guilty due to lack of evidence.

Then these case should not be prosecuted as this is persecution and therefore illegal and compensation paid to those that had to endure such a terrible ordeal.

Comment

''Rape by a husband is just as serious as a sexual attack by a stranger and should be punished accordingly, a key Home Office panel said yesterday.
          The Sentencing Advisory Panel said a husband who forced his wife to have sex should get the same harsh term as a rapist who attacked at random''

Absolutely, where it is a genuine case.

Comment

Hi

I have spent quite some time looking for any cases of a Husband raping his wife and being found guilty in England and only found one case in 2014 as follows -

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...e-9767848.html

However, in this case there was clear video evidence of the husband raping his wife and the jury found him guilty.

But the Police and CPS could be charging over 1000+ husbands or men in relationships per year with rape where there is no evidence and all are being found not guilty.

It is very clear that the Police and CPS are being told by the Politicians to do this to win the women vote.

I also believe many women use this situation to their advantage to win the custody of the children and keep living in the family house with the husband still having to pay the mortgage while on bail awaiting the rape trail.

While I was on bail the Police wanted me to pay all my £3000 per month wages for 6 months to pay for my defence leaving me with nothing to live on.

Then my ex-wife solicitor then wrote me a letter asking me to pay the £1300 mortgage on the family home as my ex-wife could not pay it.

I refused to pay the £3000 to the Police and finally agreed to pay £2000 to cover my defence costs, which they said I would get back if found not guilty.

My ex-wife went to my mother and brother asking them to pay the mortgage instead which they agreed to do.

What sort of women would do this sort of thing to her husband?

Answer a very evil woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Unhappy View Post
              Hi

It is very clear that the Police and CPS are being told by the Politicians to do this to win the women vote.

I also believe many women use this situation to their advantage to win the custody of the children and keep living in the family house with the husband still having to pay the mortgage while on bail awaiting the rape trail.

While I was on bail the Police wanted me to pay all my £3000 per month wages for 6 months to pay for my defence leaving me with nothing to live on.

Then my ex-wife solicitor then wrote me a letter asking me to pay the £1300 mortgage on the family home as my ex-wife could not pay it.

I refused to pay the £3000 to the Police and finally agreed to pay £2000 to cover my defence costs, which they said I would get back if found not guilty.

My ex-wife went to my mother and brother asking them to pay the mortgage instead which they agreed to do.

What sort of women would do this sort of thing to her husband?

Answer a very evil woman.

It doesn't have anything to do with women's votes. It has everything to do with targets. There are also targets for the adoption of babies via SS. Do you really think that would win 'women's votes?

Not sure what you mean when you say:

"While I was on bail the Police wanted me to pay all my £3000 per month wages for 6 months to pay for my defence leaving me with nothing to live on".

It is not up to the police when or how much you pay. Are you in the UK?

Comment

Hi

The following article I believe sums up the reason why so many wife's are making so many false rape allegations -

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...e-parents-care

My ex-wife initially made an assault allegation in 2011 to the police that I threw a hair brush at her in 2009.

I believe the Police and Social Services then threatened to take our son into care if she did not leave the family home.

Then I believe she was told by the Police that if she made a rape allegation against me I would not be allowed back to the family home and our son would not been taken into care.

Effectively, the police told my ex-wife to lie and make a false rape allegation, which is completely illegal.

At my rape trail the Police and CPS produced 6 witnesses against me, but not one said I raped or abused my ex-wife.

Even my ex-wife when giving evidence in her video statement and on the witness stand did not say the word rape once and never accused me of raping her.

After reading about what has recently be uncovered in Rotterham and many other cities I can easily believe the the police are capable of doing anything, which includes breaking the law for their own advantage.

Comment

Have the CPS completely lost the plot

Hi,

The following article refers -

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne...pe_conference/

The above article makes the following statement -

"The freedom to consent should also be questioned in domestic violence situations and where the complainant may be financially or otherwise dependent on their alleged rapist."

Have the CPS completely lost the plot?

So now the CPS is saying that if a husband pays the mortgage and other bills he could potentially be raping his wife?

I know from my own rape trail that the Police and CPS accused me of raping my own wife for 20 years.

Except, there was no witnesses or medical evidence to prove these allegations and was found not guilty on 5 counts of rape.

In 2014 of the 3000 rape cases heard in the Crown Courts there was only a 33% conviction rate of just over 1000 men.

The CPS are also saying that they now want to increase the number of rape cases being brought to court in 2015 by another third.

This means they will be taking even more men through the horror of being falsely accused of rape.

With Police/CPS resting the whole case on the fact that the husband paid the mortgage, but the wife never consented to sex for many years and never told anyone.

No jury will convict on that evidence.

When a women says no to sex she should make every attempt to gouge out the attackers eyes even if it is her own husband.

That is what the jury is thinking.

The jury what to see clear evidence that the women resisted with supporting witnesses, photographic or medical evidence.

To bring thousands of men to court without any evidence just wastes huge amounts of public money, which could be better spent on new homes

The only people who will benefit from the extra increase in rape cases are the barristers.

With some being reported to earn as much a £1,000,000 per year from criminal cases including rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Unhappy View Post
                    Hi,

The following article refers -

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne...pe_conference/

The above article makes the following statement -

"The freedom to consent should also be questioned in domestic violence situations and where the complainant may be financially or otherwise dependent on their alleged rapist."

Have the CPS completely lost the plot?

So now the CPS is saying that if a husband pays the mortgage and other bills he could potentially be raping his wife?

The only people who will benefit from the extra increase in rape cases are the barristers.

With some being reported to earn as much a £1,000,000 per year from criminal cases including rape.

I don't see anywhere in that article that suggests that just because a husband is providing financially for his family, he 'is potentially raping his wife'.

I think what that relates to, is that many women cannot leave an abusive husband/partner where/when they are totally dependent on them financially and sometimes are they are coerced into having sex they don't want, because finances could be withdrawn if they don't 'give in'.

I don't know any barristers who make £1M a year from rape cases. Certainly not legally aided barristers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                      I don't see anywhere in that article that suggests that just because a husband is providing financially for his family, he 'is potentially raping his wife'.

I think what that relates to, is that many women cannot leave an abusive husband/partner where/when they are totally dependent on them financially and sometimes are they are coerced into having sex they don't want, because finances could be withdrawn if they don't 'give in'.

I don't know any barristers who make £1M a year from rape cases. Certainly not legally aided barristers.

Hi,

What you are basically saying is exactly the same as Police/CPS tried to convict me on, which is all sex in marriage can be considered rape even if never reported at the time.

Furthermore, the wife does not have to report that she is being raped until a time that is convenient for her to do so.

Such as seeking a divorce and wanting the husband to be removed from the family home.

Then she will make allegations to the Police that all the sex with her husband was rape, but she never told her husband that she did not consent to sex with him and never resisted having sex with him at any time during their marriage.

The CPS Barrister will then use the excuse that the husband paid the mortgage as the reason why the wife never reported rape earlier to the police.

This is exactly what happened to me and I was charged with multiple rape against my ex-wife between 1992 and 2011 and faced 18 years in prison if found guilty.

No jury will ever accept this as rape and will find the accused not guilty.

The jury will always think that if you are raped you should report it ASAP to collect the necessary medical evidence, but to leave it 20 years means that the alleged rape was not considered important.

After my ex-wife accused me of rape she contacted the CSA and County Court and I was ordered to pay her over £1000 per month maintenance.

So it is not true that a wife can claim she feared the mortgage would not be paid as the reason she never reported the rape earlier to the police.

The following url list the income of the top 10 criminal barristers in the UK with the highest earning £1.1m from legal aid -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...barrister.html

The average Crown Court rape case costs £80,000.

So this means the tax payer spent in 2014 around £250M on rape cases where the accused was acquitted.

This money can be far better spent on new homes, which the average voter is far more concerned about than the low rape conviction rate in the UK.

Comment

I'm not quite sure where what I said could be interpreted as

What you are basically saying is exactly the same as Police/CPS tried to convict me on, which is all sex in marriage can be considered rape even if never reported at the time.

Furthermore, the wife does not have to report that she is being raped until a time that is convenient for her to do so.
                        Your link to the Daily Mail - of course the DM is right every single time

That is disinformation that is being peddled - nothing else. Most legal aid barristers are paid a fraction of that - remove a couple of the noughts and you'll get a more realistic figure. I liaise with legally aided barristers and solicitors on a weekly basis and am also part of the #SaveLegalAid group. Speaking with people who are in the front line shows a different story altogether.

There are thousands of legal aid barristers in the UK and the DM manages to name a few who are high earners. The vast majority are certainly NOT high earners.

No jury will ever accept this as rape and will find the accused not guilty.

The jury will always think that if you are raped you should report it ASAP to collect the necessary medical evidence, but to leave it 20 years means that the alleged rape was not considered important.
                        Tell that to the inmates sitting in prison who have been convicted of the rape of wives/partners where it was not reported at the time.

I work assisting in defending and appealing sex offences and I think I am better placed to know what actually does go on (and what does not go on). Your experience does not mean that that is the only experience. Sadly. Would that it were.

Juries often come to the wrong verdict on both sides, so often the guilty walk free and the innocent end up in prison.

Comment

I'm not quite sure where what I said could be interpreted as

Your link to the Daily Mail - of course the DM is right every single time

That is disinformation that is being peddled - nothing else. Most legal aid barristers are paid a fraction of that - remove a couple of the noughts and you'll get a more realistic figure. I liaise with legally aided barristers and solicitors on a weekly basis and am also part of the #SaveLegalAid group. Speaking with people who are in the front line shows a different story altogether.

There are thousands of legal aid barristers in the UK and the DM manages to name a few who are high earners. The vast majority are certainly NOT high earners.

Tell that to the inmates sitting in prison who have been convicted of the rape of wives/partners where it was not reported at the time.

I work assisting in defending and appealing sex offences and I think I am better placed to know what actually does go on (and what does not go on). Your experience does not mean that that is the only experience. Sadly. Would that it were.

Juries often come to the wrong verdict on both sides, so often the guilty walk free and the innocent end up in prison.

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time trying to find out how many any husbands have actually been convicted of raping their wife's in England.

I have only so far found 2 published cases in the last 15 years where there was cctv footage produced at both rape trials supporting the wife's allegations.

I believe this is a very accurate figure as the Police/CPS published both convictions without actually saying the names of the victim as they had the same surname as the accused.

I estimate that about 1000 husbands were charged with raping their wife's in 2014, and the CPS have just won one single case.

The police and CPS will say that the 999 husbands found not guilty were actually guilty, but there was not enough evidence to find them guilty.

The Police/CPS may be able to say this for a few cases but for 999 cases.

The Police/CPS simply to not accept the fact that the women may have lied in the first place as part of her divorce process.

It is the case in the USA that many divorces start with the wife accusing their husbands of rape just to remove then from the family home and to also try and sue them for money.

This trend has been quickly adopted in the UK, which examples the sudden step increase in rape cases involving husbands in the last few years

The Police/CPS appear not be aware of this trend, but the jury is often very aware of this situation.

Of those convicted of rape in England I have found the vast majority are related to stranger rape where the women fought off the attacker and child rape where there were many victims attacked by the same offender who was usually known to the victims as a relatives, care workers. youth club leaders, teachers, taxi drivers, clergy and Gary Glitter.

I believe the Police/CPS would be better off going after these types of rapes where the conviction rate is very high. As the jury will believe the evidence given by a women who immediately reported the attack to the police and collected the DNA needed for a successful rape conviction.

Finally, my defence barrister had to hand over my case to another barrister as she had a previously booked a long haul holiday.

It did not matter that I faced up to 38 years in prison for raping my wife if found guilty.

It was very clear she was in it for the money and did not care about what happened to her client.

Comment

I have only so far found 2 published cases in the last 15 years where there was cctv footage produced at both rape trials supporting the wife's allegations.
                            You might have "only found two published cases". There will be other "published" cases that you have not found. And for every published cases there will be over a hundred unpublished.

I do know that I have come across many, many cases during the last 13 years whereby husbands have been convicted (many pleading not guilty but being found guilty).

I speak from 13 years of experience working the false allegations. That experience will outweigh your research because as we know, not all convictions of rape are publicised, and therefore many will have escaped your attention.

There are all sorts of "statistics" - none of which are entirely reliable. Experience in the field tells me far more than the figures you have conjured up from wherever you've got them from.

I won't be wasting my time arguing about this any longer.

Comment

You might have "only found two published cases". There will be other "published" cases that you have not found. And for every published cases there will be over a hundred unpublished.

I do know that I have come across many, many cases during the last 13 years whereby husbands have been convicted (many pleading not guilty but being found guilty).

I speak from 13 years of experience working the false allegations. That experience will outweigh your research because as we know, not all convictions of rape are publicised, and therefore many will have escaped your attention.

There are all sorts of "statistics" - none of which are entirely reliable. Experience in the field tells me far more than the figures you have conjured up from wherever you've got them from.

I won't be wasting my time arguing about this any longer.

Hi,

I have access to much more information on the rape conviction rate in England that I want to like discuss on the Internet.

Almost every instance of a successful rape conviction that I have researched has been in reported the national press.

Rape is a very high profile subject at the moment with the Government/Police and CPS.

They will take every opportunity they can to promote any convictions in the press for rape especially against husbands.

However, the general public I believe simple are not interested in how many men are convicted for rape.

The public I believe would rather have the money spent on building new homes, which was only 129,000 in 2014 the lowest annual figure ever.

The £250M wasted on the 2000 failed rape cases in 2014 could have built 2,500 urgently needed new homes.

Comment

Working...
                              X