Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of sexual allegations at a party in December 2013

Evening,

The police visited my house in November 2014 regarding sexual allegations that were made towards me at a party in December 2013. The police asked me what happened between me and another female and I explained that all that happened was I kissed her and that was it. The police checked my phone because they said they were worried about a video - obviously there was nothing on my phone because I didn't take a video. When I asked the police when I would hear from them they said 'take this time as the last time we speak to you but I can't say we will never come back and see you.' I called the officer 2 weeeks after explaining thatit was still on my mind and I was struggling to sleep etc. It's still on my mind now - you hear of cases where innocent people go to prison. If someone could please advise that would be great.

Originally posted by beatle1910 View Post
    they said 'take this time as the last time we speak to you but I can't say we will never come back and see you.'
    I took this to mean that he couldn't guarantee you will never fall foul of the law again and so would need to be dealt with!!

As you have not been arrested and bailed but only 'spoken to' there is no need for any further action on the part of the police; they have already forgotten about you and are dealing with the next crisis.

To end on a more serious note: there is no guarantee that you will not be the subject of a further false accusation and it would be wise to learn from this experience; from other members stories 'one night stand's' can be a 'morning after' issue for some females.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      I took this to mean that he couldn't guarantee you will never fall foul of the law again and so would need to be dealt with!!

As you have not been arrested and bailed but only 'spoken to' there is no need for any further action on the part of the police; they have already forgotten about you and are dealing with the next crisis.

To end on a more serious note: there is no guarantee that you will not be the subject of a further false accusation and it would be wise to learn from this experience; from other members stories 'one night stand's' can be a 'morning after' issue for some females.
      Thanks for your advice.

So you think I'm in the clear?

I got told by FASO that I could go through a solicitor and they could get me a letter from the police saying nothing more will happen?

Comment

If the police had intended to take it further they would have arrested and bailed you; after all at present there is nothing to stop you emigrating to a non-extraditable country to escape justice so they obviously think you have not committed any offence to flee from.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by beatle1910 View Post
          Thanks for your advice.

So you think I'm in the clear?

I got told by FASO that I could go through a solicitor and they could get me a letter from the police saying nothing more will happen?

If you went to a solicitor at this stage you would probably have to pay as there would be no legal aid. There is nothing to stop you asking a solicitor to assist with a written NFA or NO-Crime, if it is playing on your mind. However you do need to be aware that NFA's and No-Crimes can be resurrected if other "victims" come forward.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            If you went to a solicitor at this stage you would probably have to pay as there would be no legal aid. There is nothing to stop you asking a solicitor to assist with a written NFA or NO-Crime, if it is playing on your mind. However you do need to be aware that NFA's and No-Crimes can be resurrected if other "victims" come forward.
            But I really don't know what to do...

It's like she told a lot of people that I 'raped' her and I know that a lot of people didn't believe her and said to me she's lied about things before, but that still isn't the point.

She sent me a message on Facebook a month before the police visited me saying how I ruined her life and I told the police this when they visited me but they didn't even ask to see the messages.

Surely you would've thought if the police were going to come back and see me they would've done so by now?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X