Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

facing wrongful allegations of historical rape and pretty scared. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facing wrongful allegations of historical rape and pretty scared. Can anyone give me any pointers?

I have had some phone calls from a few friends telling me that the police have contacted them asking questions about me regarding two separate allegations of rape in the past from different girls ( who know each other ) I have some facebook messaging data which sways heavily in my favour in the one case but the other was 15 years ago. I did sleep with them in both cases but there was no question of consent. We were both drunk but nothing unusual. I know there can be no solid evidence against me but how far can this go? 2 allegations in 15 years still stinks what can I do??
    Last edited by matt1701; 30 January 2015, 04:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi Matt & welcome to the forum,

It seems odd that the police are asking around for you rather than simply inviting you in for a 'chat'; is it possible that either or both girls don't know your address and so haven't been able to give it to them? Were these previous allegations made at the time that intercourse took place or only recently?

Hopefully it won't go any further!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

It's confusing at best. The first girl went public with it within a couple of months of us sleeping together. I made a point of openly discussing it with all of my friends who had heard about it and stressed my innocence. Ultimately I offered to go to the Police to sort it out and that was the last I heard about it. - That was in 2000. The second allegation came to light from the second girl around 2 years after we had slept together - we slept together in 2009. I have saved facebook messages between us from well after the event without any wrongdoing or anything having been mentioned. Then out of nowhere I started to hear rumours of her accusations. Again I said I would be happy to sort it out through the police and it died down - that was about 3 years ago. Just before Christmas this year, friends started telling me that they had been contacted by the police who are building a case against me. I've contacted the police via the 101 number and explained the situation and they are unable to confirm or deny anything. It's effecting my mental heath now and I'm a bag of nerves. I wish they would just hurry up and contact me so I can put it behind me. If anyone has any ideas on things I can do while I'm waiting to be contacted, I would be much obliged. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X