Should I let it rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I let it rest?

Two years ago my only daughter shook my world to the core with vicious false allegations of rape. I spent 6 hours in custody, and 6 months in fear, before I was finally released from the torture due to lack of evidence.
    At first, my wife and my sons were on my side, and wanted to help me come to terms with the reasons for my daughter doing this to me, and were all prepared to seek out lie detecting technology for their own peace of mind as much as mine.
    However, the costs of conducting those tests turned out to be prohibitive, and that waster Kyle on television had no time to waste on such a trivial problem such as mine, and so time dragged on, and now, one by one, my family has deserted me.
    Now I'm alone. I'm a loner living alone. I spent Christmas alone. I'm not allowed to see my grandchildren.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not suicidal. I'm not depressed.
    But I am angry.
    I want to prove my innocence but lawyers tell me that I cannot prove a negative.
    I love my daughter despite all this, and I want God to forgive her for this sin.
    If I let it rest, she'll rise up to proclaim my guilt when I die, so,... should I let it rest?
    Or should I just believe that God will welcome the righteous home?

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum,

False accusations from coming from within the family are the worst because they are inexplicable; why would someone who you have cherished and invested years of your life in, suddenly turn against you? If you can come up with a possible motive for the accusation this may slightly help, the real problem though is that you cannot hate the accuser in the same way that you could a stranger/acquaintance/work colleague.

As for the future, I liken this situation to a bereavement, with all the implications that this brings
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hi Phil and welcome to the forum,

False accusations from coming from within the family are the worst because they are inexplicable; why would someone who you have cherished and invested years of your life in, suddenly turn against you? If you can come up with a possible motive for the accusation this may slightly help, the real problem though is that you cannot hate the accuser in the same way that you could a stranger/acquaintance/work colleague.

As for the future, I liken this situation to a bereavement, with all the implications that this brings
      Thanks for your valuable input, which probably sums up my own feelings on the whole situation. There is only one possible motive for the action she took, but it is too ridiculous to be credible. A £1,000 savings bond of hers went missing during a house move, and she accused me of stealing it. She was an intelligent girl who ruined her schooldays by getting into juvenile trouble, but from the age of 18 I thought she had truly finally grown up. That was until she made her vile accusation at the age of 24.
      I would like to ask you again.....do you think I should let it rest?

Comment

Only you can answer that question. I know that is more than difficult. Nobody here can tell you what to do. If they did and it turned out to be wrong, can you imagine how bad that person would feel?
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hey Phil, I have no advice or input, but I am so sorry you are going through this. My father was falsely accused of sexually abusing his 5year old son by his ex girlfriend who has a long history of lying. I'm in Ireland my dad is in England. I have 4 kids to be and can't afford to go over to him. it breaks my heart that I'm not to be with him. I hope your daughter finds the courage to tell the truth.

Comment

Thanks Thaila for your message of hope, and I'm sorry to hear of your own unfortunate situation. I urge you to take my stance and remain strong-willed throughout all obstacles, and hopeful that some day soon the tide of good fortune will turn in your favour.
            Phil.

Comment

Working...
            X