Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare has just begun :( husbands cousin falsely accusing him of rape!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare has just begun :( husbands cousin falsely accusing him of rape!!!

Okay so I'm not sure where to even start. I never thought of of all the forms this would be one I'd post on

So a month before xmas my husband got a letter out of the blue from the local police asking him to come in and contact them. So he rang them and then finally three days ago they got back to him. He went voluntarily into the station and managed to get a solicitor also. He had a brief chat with the solicitor and then went to be questioned. What he got told was utterly disgusting and wrong! His cousin who is 19 now accused him off doing things and rape from years ago when she was only around 12 years old. I've been with him for 10 years and we took this girl under our wing, spent money on her, brought her things, took her for meals and logged after her as her parents weren't that well off.

I haven't heard all the ville things she's said but I can only imagine they're awful. So we've now been told he's got a report for summons. Depending on what they decide. I'm shocked and terrified. He's not done anything and we now are waiting to tell the in laws (his parents) as it's his mums brothers daughter who's made the accusation. It's going to tear the family apart and it's horrendous I can only think it's jealousy or because we lost touch with her and she went off the rails a bit so we didn't invite her to our wedding in July. So she's bitter, makes s as apparently it happened 7 years ago but only got reported in August 2014....... a week after our wedding! I'm shocked, scare, angry, upset and disgusted. I'm spring him best I can and he knows I'm there for him but it's so hard. We know he's innocent but yet can't help feeling worried. So many innocent people get wrongly convicted and jailed it's terrifying!!!!!!!

What are the next steps and what happens next? trying to get on with life but this is just a massive black cloud and I know it won't be over in weeks it will take forever. Any help or advice would be great.

hi confused family
    sorry your having to post on here. but be reliefed that theres a lot of people on here goingnthrew very similar situations and theres a lot with some good advice.. its good that your supporting your husband as he will need all the help love and support he can get.. I to am going threw a similar ordeal and have been bailed mine happened in November last year a week before my birthday.. I go back on Monday but doesn't sound promising.. some people say try and remember the incident/incidents she claiming to have happened and try and see where he was what he was doing any little bit of memory may help
    as for why she doing this so many reason can come to mins like you say jeaulousy rejection from the wedding.. who know what goes on in the minds of these people

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum,

There is some general advice in this link which you may find helpful for now (though I'm not sure what is meant by him being reported for summons)

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

Do keep posting and reading though as it will be helpful to realise that he is one of many that this has happened to.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello to you both! Thank you for your replies. I think it's nice to know there's others going through the same but at the same time it's terrifying to know so many people are wrongly accused. I've been reading and it's horrible to see so many innocent people going through this hell and it's scary to see that even though your innocent it seems to mean nothing.

We have such a lovely family life at the moment. I've managed to get a job and been there for 3 months and already a duty manager. We have two lovely children and I'm terrified if anything happens to them over all of this because that makes me so angry. For her just telling some stupid lie... I'm so confused as to what happens next I want it all to be over but I know it takes a while it's just hanging over us and it's not nice.

I'm very sorry lost family to see your going through it too. I'll have my fingers crossed for you though
        He has a few witnesses and friends she's even tried to involve them so it's spiralling out of control. I'm hoping it'll all blow over but I don't want to lure myself into a false sense of security!

Comment

Working...
        X