looks like im goung to be charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like im goung to be charged

today my solicitor phoned me to update me regarding Monday.. original he received a call yesterday to let him know that I was originally going to be rebailed pending futher evidence.. but this morning he had received an email saying due to NEW evidence they will want to reinterveiw me they didn't let him know the new evidence, however my solicitor did advice me that it could be that I might be charged and hopefor a rebail....
    would this be that they have already approached the cps and the cps have asked to get things clarified first or are they still gathering a case... my solicitor at present is just the duty solicitor who sits on police
    ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOME

Hi lf

Its difficut to say what they may do. My husband was never re interviewed, he was charged after 8 months on bail, so my experience is limited, but I would suspect that they will do one of two things:

1. Interview and rebail with no charge while they consider there next move
    2. interview then charge

It would depend on what new evidence they have and whether it needs to go back to the CPS

I am sure that others will be along shortly, who may be able to give better advise than me

Good luck on Monday

Comment

It is likely that the new evidence that has come to light will not be favourable to you otherwise there would not be the need for a reinterview.

Looking at the positive you will have a chance to respond to whatever has come up and it may well be that you will be able to completely rebut these fresh allegations.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        It is likely that the new evidence that has come to light will not be favourable to you otherwise there would not be the need for a reinterview.

Looking at the positive you will have a chance to respond to whatever has come up and it may well be that you will be able to completely rebut these fresh allegations.
        would this also mean they've been to the cps many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by lostfamily View Post
          would this also mean they've been to the cps many thanks in advance
          My guess is that the CPS have already been consulted and quite possibly your daughter or your wife have already been reinterviewed due to concerns regarding their evidence and your own reinterview is to give you the opportunity to respond to what they said.

Comment

My guess is that the CPS have already been consulted and quite possibly your daughter or your wife have already been reinterviewed due to concerns regarding their evidence and your own reinterview is to give you the opportunity to respond to what they said.
            thanks casehardened.. starting to feel my worlds over. especially as my wife is doing all she can to keep me away even tho shes agreed to let me see the other 3

Comment

Originally posted by lostfamily View Post
              thanks casehardened.. starting to feel my worlds over. especially as my wife is doing all she can to keep me away even tho shes agreed to let me see the other 3
              Not necessarily so, I was also reinterviewed due to my accuser making fresh allegations on top of the original one; but these were such obvious lies that they cast doubt on her original statement and were almost certainly the reason for NFA.

You are not getting any disclosure now from the OIC but almost certainly your solicitor will be able to get some indication what the questioning will be about just prior to the interview starting and if necessary you could then request a private consultation with him to decide how to respond.

Comment

Not necessarily so, I was also reinterviewed due to my accuser making fresh allegations on top of the original one; but these were such obvious lies that they cast doubt on her original statement and were almost certainly the reason for NFA.

You are not getting any disclosure now from the OIC but almost certainly your solicitor will be able to get some indication what the questioning will be about just prior to the interview starting and if necessary you could then request a private consultation with him to decide how to respond.
                I hope so because this is now killing me.. being tortured for 2yrs and still going. and knowing if it all goes her way id have to spend 10yrs trying to survive prison which ive read is virtually impossible with this charge.. I couldn't make it im so close to just giving up now

Comment

Ok sorry to destroy a myth here but so MANY member are scared of prison and what might happen to them in there. I am not experienced with that but i have read a members thread about it any just to clear some myths:

- you will not get in touch worh normal prison folks as you'd be classified a rule 43 or 46 meaning you're considered a vulnerable prisoner and get a special unit for vps.
                  - prison managers cant afford you being harmed while they are responsible for your security, as for their image and financially. Heads would roll no manager wants that.
                  - thirdly no one's going to know why you're there unless you tell them which you're not supposed to.

So yeah prisons not exactly a five star holiday resort and foods probably worse than in hospital BUT its temporary and its not a life sentence and your life is not over.

Also you havent even been charged yet so no reason to start thinking about life in prison. And even if you get charged, thus seems like the only ticket out of this horror as even nfa can later be picked up and continue investigations. A not guilty verdict is the only way out, unfortunately cant get there unless you go to trial.

Comment

Working...
                  X