Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm the 2nd person falsely accused by the same girl !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the 2nd person falsely accused by the same girl !

Ok so, I met a girl back in 2013 through online dating. Having chatted over social media for a few months, we decided to meet accompanied by her mother. She informed me she had aspergers and other mental health problems which I didn't see as a problem. As time went on, she told me she was ready for a relationship. She also told me that in the past she had been raped and help against her will by a family (she explained this to a number of health professionals but still went ahead and decided to have a relationship with me, which they knew about) we decided to have sex and not long after we split up (we waited 8 months to have sex) after a year of not speaking, she got back in touch with me over social media and we met up again. We had sex in a public toilet after he pestering me (believe it or not) then we stopped speaking again.. About 6 months later (August 2014) while I was working away, 2 plain clothed police officers came to my house and wanted to speak to me. I was working down south at the time but said I would come back. They told me a complaint had been made against me but no further action could be taken as the girl in question wasn't well enough to make a statement. So my question is...

Can I force the police to investigate this? I live with the thought of them knocking on my door everyday and I just want it over with. I'm depressed, can't sleep and it's ruining my sex life with my partner. I just want this to be investigated so I can prove my innocence and get on with my life!

Originally posted by Scouseboi92 View Post
    Can I force the police to investigate this? I live with the thought of them knocking on my door everyday and I just want it over with. I'm depressed, can't sleep and it's ruining my sex life with my partner. I just want this to be investigated so I can prove my innocence and get on with my life!
    Hi and welcome to the forum,

I understand and sympathize with your feelings; you are wondering if the matter will be proceeded with and you want to squeeze the boil, as it were.

However the question you should be asking yourself is, if you initiate an investigation by making a complaint to the police about the girl's allegation, can you cope with being on bail for x number of months not knowing if the case will go to trial of not (and if it goes to trial whether or not you will be found guilty and have to serve y years in prison)

Most members on here will have fairly strong opinions about this and my view is that the police have been extremely fair to you by giving you, in effect, a very strong warning to never have anything to do with this girl again!

'x' ...... 3 to 23 months

'y' ...... no idea, think of a number, but remember she will be classed as a vulnerable adult
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

If you ask them to properly investigate this you're putting yourself in a very dangerous situation. It does not matter that you are innocent, what the cps considers is whether there is a 51% chance of conviction and nothing else. Have a read through other forums see what people are going through. You dont want that im sure.

Comment

Working...
      X