Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Prep

Hi all,

I am due to find out in Feb if I am to be charged; however, I am expecting to be as that seems to be the pattern more recently my research shows.

I am making preparations to have the best possible solicitor for when/if I get charged - I have been in contact with Gerry McDonald.

My question is surrounding making people aware. I am currently going through this alone (well one of my good friends is aware), the alleged incident happened on a one night stand, so my live in girlfriend is not aware neither is my family. - Is it possible to go through a court case successfully without telling these people? or will they be needed for character references etc? That is the only reason I would let them in on the situation I'm in.

I think that the question you should be asking yourself is what their reactions might be if/when they do find out, perhaps through a news item in the local paper, rather than from you personally!

Having said this, I do feel that, if you prefer to keep your situation private, there is no need to mention it unless you are charged; after all if you are NFA'd this indicates that the balance of probability is that it was a spurious accusation and so the only issue is of you having had the one-nighter.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks casehardened. This brings up a question i had previously pondered... At what point can/will the situation go into a newspaper? And would it be local-if so, in the town where it alledgedly happened, where i live, or where i grew up maybe?

Comment

I suppose the matter is in the public arena from the moment of your arrest and so can be reported on; however as the accusation is so run-of-the-mill (though not to you obviously!) and does not involve minors, it will be of no interest unless you are newsworthy in yourself for some reason (I'm thinking Ched Evans here)

I doubt it will be of interest to news editors unless it becomes a court case.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I would tell your girlfriend because if you are charged what will her and her family think ( you may have something to hide ) sorry to be blunt but they may think this as you have not told them before. If you get charged you will need all the support from her and family members
          trust me lies will not get you anywhere even if it is trying to protect loved ones

Comment

I am thinking of splitting with my gf, hence the one night stand. Im just wondering if a case would require her as a character witness for myself to show that im not aggresive etc?

Comment

Originally posted by IAintGoingDown View Post
              I am thinking of splitting with my gf, hence the one night stand. Im just wondering if a case would require her as a character witness for myself to show that im not aggresive etc?
              Well that should not stop you splitting up with her SHOULD IT sorry to say it but staying with her because you may need her for a character witness is not right take my advise i would be very careful the way you go about things you could land yourself in one big hole that you may not be able to get out of

Comment

Working...
              X