Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Statement of Allegation

Hi all,

I was wondering anyway knows a way of obtaining a written copy of the allegation made by the accuser from the police. I have filled in the Subject Access form and recived audio recording of my interview, police statement but not the allegation from the accuser.

When I was arrested and interviewed, I was told that the allegation had been made verbally at that time. I really want to know fully what the allegation entailed. The police wasn't willing to provide me with the accuser's statement due to protecting

Its nearly been a year since I was NFA'd. Since then the accuser has been deported from the UK. Even though I feel I have moved on I still don't think I can until I know what it says. I know it may sound crazy but I NEED to know. This is what keeps me awake a night.

I believe that you wouldn't be able to see the accuser's statement unless you are charged and so need to prepare a defence to it, so the only clues to what has been alleged will be what you gleaned from the questions at the interview.

I remember your story and it is a good result that she has been deported.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you for your response Casehardened.

I don't see any logic in not being shown the full statement of what someone has accused you of whether you are or aren't charged. I would have assumed any data about yourself should be provided under the Data Protection Act (I'm no legal expert).

A good result but unfortunately at the cost of never able to hold or see my son.

Comment

Originally posted by accused1234 View Post
        I don't see any logic in not being shown the full statement of what someone has accused you of whether you are or aren't charged. I would have assumed any data about yourself should be provided under the Data Protection Act (I'm no legal expert).
        To turn your logic around I suppose the accuser might argue that there there is personal data in her statement which she does not want broadcast (and I accept that this argument falls flat if the case was charged and went to court!)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

*Sigh* Yes I agree too there are arguments for sides. I personally feel if the police have records on the PNC database about you it should allow on request to see it.

I suppose I just have to just get over the fact I will never truely know the full extent of the henious allegation.Thanks once again for your response.

Comment

Working...
          X