reading through the paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading through the paperwork

Hi, some if you know we received the paperwork not long ago, including original statements and what they call exhibits.
    As english is neither my friends nor my native language we feel overwhelmed and to be honest i didnt understand a word of what the cps said in their letter.

However as we are now mentally ready to go through all the lies in detail we still feel crushed bx the amount of pages there is to analyse.

Can anxone give advice on what we have to look for and how to proceed? Its all lies anyway but i find it difficult not knowing what exactly we can disprove... nit sure exactly what im ecpecting here but if anyone can offer some advice id be glad.
    Thanks tii

Well theres literally nothing in there we can pick on she uses a lot of i believe and i think and i cant remember. So we got literally nothing to defend our side except one sitation where she claims a conversation had taken place with her her mother and my friend where he admitted everything. This never happened but how do wr prove that? Her mother is no good as a witness our barrister thinks so we cant even use that. I dont see this going anywhere but to a conviction.

And what then... we cant afford to go for an appeal and even if we could what would be the point as we have no evidence now so we wont have more later. I am 23, student he is in debt and on legal aid no chance for an appeal oh god my head is a mess. Also i cant afford to stay here and have to go back to my country after this is over. I wont even be able to visit him in prison or speak on the phone. I dont have anyone to dupport me neither in uk nor my country

Comment

If he's got legal aid now he will be entitled to legal aid for an appeal. Convictions can be quashed, not on fresh evidence necessarily but on missed directions or misdirections from the judge in summing up. Also if there has been what is known as an "abuse of process" whereby (for instance bad character evidence was wrongly put into the evidence).......
      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 14 February 2015, 01:05 PM.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by thisisinsane View Post
        Well theres literally nothing in there we can pick on she uses a lot of i believe and i think and i cant remember. So we got literally nothing to defend our side except one sitation where she claims a conversation had taken place with her her mother and my friend where he admitted everything. This never happened but how do wr prove that? Her mother is no good as a witness our barrister thinks so we cant even use that. I dont see this going anywhere but to a conviction.

And what then... we cant afford to go for an appeal and even if we could what would be the point as we have no evidence now so we wont have more later. I am 23, student he is in debt and on legal aid no chance for an appeal oh god my head is a mess. Also i cant afford to stay here and have to go back to my country after this is over. I wont even be able to visit him in prison or speak on the phone. I dont have anyone to dupport me neither in uk nor my country
        What's this thisisinsane? Are you both giving up before the trial even???? NEVER! Keep fighting. Has your friend got any previous convictions? If not, he may be allowed character witnesses - someone who will speak up for his good character in court. Perhaps you. It's worth him asking his solicitor about.

Please don't be dishardened - it's a very harrowing process, but you both need to get fighting fit.
        Good luck.

Comment

My understanding is that the prosecution have to prove that the crime took place, you do not have to prove that it did not. Meaning that if you tell your side of the story and are adamant that it did not happen there is a chance that the jury will believe you.

It helps if you can think of a reason why the complainant is lying and also if the jury likes you.

Don't give up. Put up a fight.

Comment

I don't have much more too add to the already good advice and encouragement you have received.

But I understand the jury have to 'be sure' the allegations happened.

This is chance to build the defence.

Please make sure that your solicitor obtains all the information available. CPS can withhold information which does not assist the prosecution. CPS want to win.

Try to summon the strength to fight and win. Let the truth be seen.

Comment

Thank you all, we're trying to fight and have just seen the solicitor. He is quite concerned about the case so he too thinks it will be difficult. A second medical expert will give opinion but we dont know what hes gonna say so it might help us or make things even tougher, either way the report is ordered and will be part of evidence. Lets hope itll be for our side. Two weeks to go im very nervous... the good news is i was expecting something like 15-20 years un prison and gerry thinks its only gonna be about eight so thats a good thing. I mean eight us better than twenty sure zero would be better than any but welll im confused and you get the point right?

Comment

I apologise i dont give muvh support to others at the moment but my mind is just completely off at the moment. Feel like a taker but ill give more support when this is over.

Comment

You must concentrate on the case before anything else hon

Comment

Rightsfighter I need to speak to you privately in regards to something the pafaa website offers. It is very important as we have less than a week until trial

Comment

I'm not sure what I can do to help at this late stage. Maybe you could email me?

Comment

Working...
                      X