personal belongings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal belongings

Hi all. I've been on bail 8 months bailed 7 times. The police took away my children's computers that they bought with there pocket money. They also took there game consoles and my camera gear and my mobile. They took them 8 months ago I had no receipt for what they taken there was other things taken as well. I've asked numerous times for a written receipt of the things they taken and had no reply. There just very nasty and cold. Is it normal for them to keep things so long I know 100% there's nothing on them because I haven't done anything. It just seems so unfair on my children. They even took some of there games that was with them.

Hi inhell, I think the police just do what they want to do as far as this is concerned. It could be they haven't yet bothered to go through them or that they just want to be awkward. My son's belongings didn't get returned till AFTER the court case, the OIC refusing to hand them over even when requested to do so by his barrister claiming they were the property of the court (even though none of it was used as evidence)

He didn't get a receipt either. I'm sure you will get them back in time, as they have to put them in bags, seal and register them. Whether you'll want to use the phone or PC's again is up to you, I've read they put some sort of electronic bug in them before handing them back. It must be very hard on your kids. If you have a solicitor, it may be that he can make a formal request.
    You might be interested to read the following link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...with_regards_t
    Good luck
    Last edited by whatsgoingon?; 26 November 2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply and the link. Yeah I probably sell the computers on and buy another for them. Police are scum I did have alot of respect for them but way they treat people such as myself and way they talked to me as if im some monster is terrible.i can't say exactly what I think of them now they really do deserve all they get. I suppose scum is the friendliest word on here I can use. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X