move or not to move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move or not to move?

Hi all im currently on bail and have been for 8 months. I'm waiting to see if the cps are going to prosecute obviously im terrified.my house is up for sale and I have chance of a buyer and I've seen another property I want that's out of this area.my worries are if I sell my house and I get charged there's alot of money tied up in the house that I want to put towards a new home where I can hopefully live in peace I worried that my solicitor will be able to take all of the money to fight my case if need be which would make me homeless.i don't know if I should sell or stay I was told I could pay my costs through my wages but that's before I decided to put my house on the market.

Originally posted by inhell View Post
    Hi all im currently on bail and have been for 8 months. I'm waiting to see if the cps are going to prosecute obviously im terrified.my house is up for sale and I have chance of a buyer and I've seen another property I want that's out of this area.my worries are if I sell my house and I get charged there's alot of money tied up in the house that I want to put towards a new home where I can hopefully live in peace I worried that my solicitor will be able to take all of the money to fight my case if need be which would make me homeless.i don't know if I should sell or stay I was told I could pay my costs through my wages but that's before I decided to put my house on the market.
    That's the question, isn't it. If your solicitor has agreed a payment method you should probably stick to it to the letter, and he/she'll obviously keep to their part of the deal. I'm in the same boat in some ways - the cost of the lawyer if I'm charged is what I'd saved up for a deposit on a house. I'd rather use that though than not have a lawyer or be paying forever from wages. You have a house anyway, so presumably your money's tied up in that already. Everyone's situation is different though and even though your life's on hold you have to keep on living. What would happen if you didn't sell the house? Why not ask your solicitor about it?

Comment

Originally posted by 123zyx View Post
      That's the question, isn't it. If your solicitor has agreed a payment method you should probably stick to it to the letter, and he/she'll obviously keep to their part of the deal. I'm in the same boat in some ways - the cost of the lawyer if I'm charged is what I'd saved up for a deposit on a house. I'd rather use that though than not have a lawyer or be paying forever from wages. You have a house anyway, so presumably your money's tied up in that already. Everyone's situation is different though and even though your life's on hold you have to keep on living. What would happen if you didn't sell the house? Why not ask your solicitor about it?
      Hi Thanks for your reply was starting to think it was a daft question :-) Yeah I wondered what will happen if I don't sell the house and I get sent down for this bull I probably lose it as I still have 5years left on the mortgage and if I rent it out u can guess what will happen to the house when it or if it becomes public.i talk to my solicitor sickens me I could lose everything I worked for because of that evil b.i just want a house that I can keep so my kids have a home to come too there going through hell and to lose house would kill me.but if I sell and buy another I probably lose that anyhow. I just don't have any more savings.

Comment

You might not be charged of course. If you are you might be eligible for legal aid. There are some really good LA solicitors out there - it's just a matter of finding the right one. I would hold your horses until the outcome of the 'investigation' and CPS decision.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X