Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disqualification by association

Hey me again

so today at work we all get given a brown envelope with a form to fill in.

have I ever been in trouble/cautions etc child protection etc just a check up form but then it talks about people you live with and you have to answer about them......

so my partner has been charged but not yet convicted. This would appear on his CRB and he could not work with vulnerable or children. He doesn't but i do, Therefore, by association I am disqualified from being able to continue my job! Even though it is inocent til proven guilty!

My boss is consulting outside agencies to understand the guidelines but I could be suspended from work until his name is cleared!

Has anyone else come into contact with this situation?
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. SCREEN SHOT EVERYTHING.

Yes.

One of my lads whose appeal succeeded in 2008 (due to fresh evidence I found) - his partner went after a job as a dinner lady two years after the appeal succeeded. The allegations, conviction, and quashed conviction was on HER ECRB check. They tried to get it removed via the Chief Constable - he refused.

Yours might disappear if he is NFA'd or found not guilty. But there again, it might not......
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you for replying,

Well if that's the case that's a 15 year career with qualifications down the drain!

All because of her lies!
      KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. SCREEN SHOT EVERYTHING.

Comment

That's a shocker,so now you are guilty of crimes that people you live with commit!
        It's just so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix2014 View Post
          That's a shocker,so now you are guilty of crimes that people you live with commit!
          It's just so wrong.
          Or don't commit I should add!!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but just come across it and wanting to see if I have read this correct. Partner has been accused of sexual abuse of a minor. Hasn't been arrested or charged as yet. My work involves me having an enhanced CRB every 3 years as I work with vulnerable members of society. If he is arrested, charged, found not guilty or guilty are these things going to impact on my CRB? I was under the impression that the only things showing on CrB were things that involved you yourself not people you love with, related to or were in relationship with.

This now feels like one more thing added to the horror of this whole situation.

Comment

I'm a nurse and they showed up on my enhanced disclosure.
              It's disgusting
              They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

It is horrible, I've just spent £350 to upgrade my qualifications for child care :/ It was really stretching our budget to pay for it and now if there's a charge it could end up as a very expensive sheet of paper.

I love working with children only other job I could see me doing is working with animals and I live in a city, so there aren't many opportunities.
                Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

So it will show on mine even though I haven't been arrested or charged?

Comment

Every case is different so we can't answer that question for you. Maybe see if you can find out

Comment

I have tried to find out discussing with employer but they have no idea. Guess only other option is to contact the dbs and ask them

Comment

They could apply for a DSB for you but you might have to pay for that

Comment

I already have an active one in this job concern is that employer repeats it and may decide if that shows up on it that I am not fit to practice in my role as a health visitor

Comment

Oh huni your health visitor that just awful to get far in your career then this to happen big hugs.
                            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by Broken-hearted View Post
                              I already have an active one in this job concern is that employer repeats it and may decide if that shows up on it that I am not fit to practice in my role as a health visitor
                              Honestly, if you possibly can, I'd put this in the 'bridge to cross when you get to it' category for now. There are so many variables, and you have so much you are worrying about at the moment, please try to let this one lie until you have to address it.

If your husband hasn't been arrested by the time the next check is due, you have another 3 year window. If he has, you can apply for one of your own to see if it's there. If it is, you may find that your employer is understanding if you explain the situation. My man's manager has been amazing and I've seen on here that other employers have been just as supportive.

Remember though, it's nothing to do with your fitness to practice. You are as fit as you ever were and your husband us as innocent as he ever was. It's the ridiculous system that's unfit.
                              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                              X