4 Charges - Digtal Penetration, attempted rape, false imprisonment & assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wronglyindicted View Post
    I contacted Gerry's office & was told a consultation fee is £350 + vat..... So i guess it's not worth doing unless I'm charged, right?
    You are indeed correct...... unfortunately for you, its a matter of waiting. Which I know is hard, but try and stay positive and keep busy.

The cost of the initial conversation sounds correct and I believe similar to what I paid for... cost further on can be difficult to establish as its relevant to how long the trial is.. but the solicitor would generally offer a fixed cost.

Shout if you need any further information, I will help anyway I can!

Thanks IG.

Comment

Also it depends on whether WI is eligible for legal aid. Gerry works on legal aid for trials.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Apologies for the confusion regarding the charges laid against you; you made this quite clear in your first post but in the forum's defence I should say that new members quite often say they have been 'charged' when they actually mean that they have been 'arrested on suspicion of' when the allegations are read out to them; also it is fairly unusual for folks here to be charged immediately without bail for further investigation.
        Originally posted by wronglyindicted View Post
        It seems in all the turmoil that has happened & the shock of being falsely accused & arrested etc,etc.... It turns out that I haven't as yet been charged, For some reason I assumed I had been...I thought I heard that during the interview.
        .....as RF said an easy mistake to make....
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Maybe my loonacy is catching...... lol

Joking apart, being interviewed about horrendous allegations when you know they are not true would cause anybody's head to spin. Mine does that on its own........

Comment

It was the quickness of the charging decision which led me to believe it was Scotland...

Then I was informed it was England and thought 'holy s**t'

Transpires that there are, thankfully, no charges as yet.

It's soooo easy to be literally swamped when facing allegations of a sexual nature. It is easy to make mistakes too or misinterpret. If you are unsure about anything do not be afraid to ask. You can of course ask on here but you can also simply as the OIC (Officer in Charge) should they be saying something that is vague or leaves you with questions. You may feel silly having to ask but it's far easier to have things clarified than to believe you've got them correct.

I've asked that many questions that I quite regularly confuse myself though...
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

I was very surprised you were charged straight away, too - glad you haven't been. Ignore my advice where it says 'since /as you've been charged etc.
              If you are, Gerry's your man.

Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything conclusive at your next bail date, it sometimes takes a while for the police and then the CPS to decide.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys, much appreciated.

Okay, well I was called the day before my bail appointment by the duty solicitors stating not to appear as they needed more time to collect evidence/ investigate.

As you guys rightly predicted.....So here I am in limbo land.

So I haven't been formally charged and I understand it's a waiting game.......So I guess it either goes two ways from here? (correct if I'm wrong)

They either build a case & submit it to the CPS who decides whether there is a case to answer.

Or the police decide their isn't enough evidence and it's dropped?

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Comment

Yes indeed I am in exactly the same limbo land due back in February 2015 to answer my next bail date that will of been 6 months on bail.

I am learning very quickly this isn't a quick process and know as well as you how had it is to resume normal life with a awful accusation hanging over your head

Keep us all update

Comment

Indeed we are lol

This is true from what I can gather sure we are both hoping for those magic three letter .......I'm litterly dreaming of hearing then

Comment

Freedom of information request

I requested the initial report from the police under the freedom of information act and was sent a letter a week later rejecting my request.

I assumed I would be entitled to request such information as it was about me & the police were called to my address.

This wasn't when I was arrested but on the day the alleged acts took place and the police were called to and no further action was taken on that day.

Surely I have a right to request the police report, don't I?

Any help or advice is sincerely appreciated

Comment

Case Dropped

On Monday February 16th @ around 3pm I received a call from my lawyers to say the police had dropped the case against me!

After just shy of 5 & a half months on bail & in limbo I can now feel the weight off of my shoulders.

My 2 bail dates were both cancelled a day before and then my last one was set for March 11th.

I will take what I have learned from this awful experience & move forward.

Thanks for your support & encouragement!

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Brilliant news.....
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Great news....

Comment

Working...
                              X