Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recordings.

Hi,

Bit of a generic question here, but am very keen to get as many opinions as possible. If you had multiple recordings of an ''alleged victim'' admitting that the rape didn't happen and that she regret's the whole thing. How confident would you be that the police and CPS would take such recordings seriously without being further accused of coercion etc. I would like to think this would be enough for that individual to be arrested and questioned regarding making a false allegation. When I say recordings, I mean telephone recordings.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm no expert but know there are experts on here.

My own personal view is I would back up back up and back up in a very safe place. I WOULD NOT do anything with this evidence until you have spoken with your solicitor.

Great that you have such a great bit of evidence

Take care

Comment

Exactly correct. Make sure the sol has copies of all such calls before even mentioning them to the police. I would also make sure you have a sol with you when you tell the police that you have these recordings, so you have a witness present, otherwise they could say that you never gave them or told them about that evidence.

It's a sad world when we can no longer trust the police.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

video evidence

I have some candid video footage clearly shot & audible in HD that supports my version of events & shows my accuser to be a liar.

Comment

Once again make sure you discuss with your sol and back up

Only wish I had such damming evidence

Comment

Thanks for the response folks. Im a little overwhelmed, I now have about 100hours of recordings. If the victim intimated meeting me for sex too (recorded) post rape allegation, would this suggest foul play or are the police that stupid they would still suggest charging.

I'm now at a stage where my recordings cover the 'alleged victim' saying the rape never happened and that she has tried to retract. I just don't know whether to accept another re bail or offload them with my recordings. Also in terms of the conversations, what points should be highlighted for evidence. Obviously I can't expect the police to listen to over 100 hours of conversation.

I also have lots more, but worry if she or a member of her family were to see this they would be able to work it out.

Comment

In your position I think I would agree with what Bootandsuit has previously suggested; discuss this evidence that you have collected with your solicitor and ask them to inform the OIC.

I am quite sure the CPS would not want to proceed with such a weak case and quite obviously you would prefer not to be charged, the difficulty is in getting this information to the folks that will make the decision.
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been updated that the file is now with a lawyer at the CPS. I was going to wait and see whether they charge first before giving them anything. Either way my ex has told me she has told the police she wont be attending court and that she just wants an end to it as it has gone too far, she could be lying. My solicitor said although the evidence is very strong, she could always say that she lied in the recordings and I could risk being put on remand. Its an absolute joke to think this is how our legal system operates.

Interestingly she has also turned upto my home on many occasion's absolutely hammered drunk asking to talk to me. I phoned the police on two of the occasions and they came to remove her. Surely the police will be more than just a tad suspicious of her behaviour?

I even have a recording of her mum explaining to me that she lies and manipulates. It's all so bloody weary-some. I wonder how long it will take to look at the file and decide once it is with a lawyer?

Comment

I agree with all the advise previously given. If it's to go to anybody, I think it should go to the CPS lawyer at this stage, and ONLY though your own lawyer once you've backed it all up (that's the first priority). I doubt if anyone's going to look though 100 hours of footage, so I would identify and reference the most important passages without doing any editing.

Inform your sol of the existence of this evidence (and make it available to him/her if you see fit) so that he can transmit that information to the CPS lawyer. If you are charged and it goes to court, it would certainly make a jury sit up.

Don't give the police anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X