cleared of rape..two boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleared of rape..two boys!

Hi, we just want everyone on here who is going through this nightmare to know my son and his friend was cleared of rape today and it only took the jury 40 mins to decide. We have over a year battled through this nightmare and went over every piece of evidence of ours. We had an amazing solicitor and fantastic barristers. Their end speech was fantastic! In the end the truth came out and bit by bit the evidence on the boys side stood out. The jury had tears in their eyes when all of us in the gallery cried in shock and tears when we heard the word not guilty! All 12 agreed not guilty!

Please stay strong the rest of you, be positive and cover everything. Don't talk to the police, they are not your friend, you can not change their mind, they just build their case on you every time you ring them.

We are still in shock from today, however, I am going to be on here more now to help any of you going through this hell! Sending my love to you all, stay strong.

So pleased to hear this news, thats 2 NFA's in 2 days and many thanks for updating us.

A fairly conclusive decision from the jury, your son & friend can hold their heads up high.

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Wonderful news. Quick decision by the jury implies what a weak case it was.

So pleased for you.

Comment

FAB NEWS!!

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Congratulations to you!

Im brings me hope that I to can hopefully share in your result!

All the best to your son and I hope he can rebuild his life quickly.

Comment

What brilliant news,nothing cheers me up more than another story of justice being done.xxx

Comment

That's brilliant news!

Comment

Fantastic! ! Ive been following your story since i was new to this and im very happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by thisisinsane View Post
                  Fantastic! ! Ive been following your story since i was new to this and im very happy for you

Thank you everyone on here who supported my son, I love you all!..
                  The barristers that defended us was Michael Haynes and Fiona Elder and our our solicitor was Mr Ian Kelcey of Kelcey and Hall in Bristol. Barrister Michael Haynes and Ian Kelcey had won another case involving 2 boys and a girl, just the week before our case. I really believe that you need Barristers and solicitors that have experience in these sort of cases. Through our experiences, our nightmare, I can totally relate to everyone on here who is being falsely accused. As a mum, I spoke in court about my son and explained that I had been attacked and nearly raped when I was younger. I explained how my son has lived with me and seen over the years the effect of this, and how much empathy he has for women who go through this. In the end my son's and the other boys good characters shined through, the facts shine through and evidence. And the girl and her families allegation fell apart. The truth came out and they, the jury, the crown, could see without a doubt which side was expressing the truth.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on Ian and Michael. One of my guys is currently awaiting trial and using the same people

People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

WHOOOOPPPPEEEEEE - so very very pleased for you and your son and his friend - please don't underestimate the time it may take to heal from this - in the meantime - please enjoy rebuilding your lives.....
                      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Excellent news, so happy for you and your son.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Our emotions are all still over the place, and I wake each morning, since Thursday, still thinking we are going through this hell!
                          My son that was accused has Cystic Fibrosis, his life expectancy is 33, if he is lucky to get to this age. He is a young man, not many years from being a teenager. I feel so angry that the CPS made this decision to push this case, on just her lies. I feel so angry, that my son has lost a year of his life and that this experience has had negative effects on his education, his finances, his beliefs and views, his well-being, his reputation but mostly his health. As well as, the rest of the family and myself as a mum. A mum who knows her son so well.
                          Take care everyone on here and stay strong, like a soldier you are now in battle. Fight every corner for your not guilty end result. And I will try and support you all on here to fight for your innocence.
                          Last edited by mumpleasehelpme; 12 October 2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

This advice is spot on and should be adopted by everyone who is going through it and awaiting an outcome:

Originally posted by mumpleasehelpme View Post
                            .......like a soldier you are now in battle. Fight every corner for your not guilty end result. .

It's so sad to go through this as a mother and I can't begin to think what it must be like for someone like yourself whose son has a serious health condition. I know we spoke previously 'spoke' on the subject, if his medical team didn't know about it at the time, he might consider telling them that he's been through unimaginable stress as it may well be affecting his condition and this would give them a logical explanation.

Don't underestimate the time it will take to start feeling 'normal' again, don't be surprised if he (seemingly) gets over it before you do. Take things, especially the good ones, as they come and nurture yourself and each other for a while.

Comment

Thank you whatsgoingon. You are so right that it takes time to recover from something like this, I am still waking in the mornings feeling those first early morning emotions. I then realise that the nightmare has ended.

I spoke to a local newspaper reporter about the bias, unfair system we have and how boys and men in this country have no voice regarding false allegations of rape or sexual assault. He asked me if I wanted to do an article about my son's experiences and make an argument against the system and how it is so unfair. I asked my son if he wanted me to, however, he has been through enough and I can not trust the reporter putting my son's name in print again. One newspaper reporter before the verdict , said that my son ' name, has raped' this woman. I rang them up to state how inaccurate the reporter was and it was bad reporting. I told them I will be getting my solicitor involved. He apologised and said it was an agency that had wrote that article, (oh yeah, sure). I told him that he is a male and that every male in this country is at risk of going through this.

Regarding the police who was involved with my son's case, they were so bad at their job, that it actually helped my son in court. The police took my son's statement from him and he had not slept for 22 hours, they did not allow him to speak to us when we rang up to advice him to have a solicitor. They lied and said that they had no code to open iPad and phone. This all came out in court and the PCs looked to the jury, corrupt, unfair and nasty. This helped my son as our defence barrister cross questioned the pc and she had to speak the truth. The codes were given to her numerous times, yet she deliberately blocked the iPad and the phone had a dead battery. Yet, rather than putting a new battery in, the pc told the jury she could not view the content on the PCs or the phone. Our barrister then put to her, she could of replaced the battery, she should of not locked the iPad, codes were given. She then had to say 'yes they were' and look a fool, a lier and evil. Our barrister then said, 'if there is a problem with the iPad my client is happy to open it here.' So if you find anything regarding unfairness or corruption in how the police are dealing with your case, write it down and use it in court.

Comment

Working...
                              X