cleared of rape..two boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be late with the congratulations and

Wonderful news for you all. It's great to hear of such a quick decision by the jury but it makes me so angry to know that such a weak case has gone all this way. The hell that we have to suffer is disgusting and the police do not seem to care as long as they are endeavouring to bring about convictions regardless of innocence.

The aftermath is full of ups and downs. When my partner received his NG - I expected a quicker recovery but unfortunately this has not happened. I hope you manage to be strong and recover quickly and put the whole nasty episode behind you.

Take Care x

Comment

Originally posted by mumpleasehelpme View Post
      Thank you whatsgoingon. You are so right that it takes time to recover from something like this, I am still waking in the mornings feeling those first early morning emotions. I then realise that the nightmare has ended.

I spoke to a local newspaper reporter about the bias, unfair system we have and how boys and men in this country have no voice regarding false allegations of rape or sexual assault. He asked me if I wanted to do an article about my son's experiences and make an argument against the system and how it is so unfair. I asked my son if he wanted me to, however, he has been through enough and I can not trust the reporter putting my son's name in print again. One newspaper reporter before the verdict , said that my son ' name, has raped' this woman. I rang them up to state how inaccurate the reporter was and it was bad reporting. I told them I will be getting my solicitor involved. He apologised and said it was an agency that had wrote that article, (oh yeah, sure). I told him that he is a male and that every male in this country is at risk of going through this.

Regarding the police who was involved with my son's case, they were so bad at their job, that it actually helped my son in court. The police took my son's statement from him and he had not slept for 22 hours, they did not allow him to speak to us when we rang up to advice him to have a solicitor. They lied and said that they had no code to open iPad and phone. This all came out in court and the PCs looked to the jury, corrupt, unfair and nasty. This helped my son as our defence barrister cross questioned the pc and she had to speak the truth. The codes were given to her numerous times, yet she deliberately blocked the iPad and the phone had a dead battery. Yet, rather than putting a new battery in, the pc told the jury she could not view the content on the PCs or the phone. Our barrister then put to her, she could of replaced the battery, she should of not locked the iPad, codes were given. She then had to say 'yes they were' and look a fool, a lier and evil. Our barrister then said, 'if there is a problem with the iPad my client is happy to open it here.' So if you find anything regarding unfairness or corruption in how the police are dealing with your case, write it down and use it in court.

It never fails to astonish me just how corrupt some police officers are in their eagerness to obtain a conviction at any cost, regardless of right or wrong.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        It never fails to astonish me just how corrupt some police officers are in their eagerness to obtain a conviction at any cost, regardless of right or wrong.

I couldn;t believe the information contained towards the end of this article where it is stated that the cps now have to fill in a form when a defendant is acquitted answering the question ‘how could an acquittal have been avoided? The idea that the defendant may have been completely innocent appears not to occur to them. The bias in the system is disgusting.

http://t.co/36yl2KRZle
        The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

I thoroughly despair of the criminal justice system, I really do.

"Sally Fudge – herself a prosecution advocate in cases of a sexual nature – told the debate that prosecutors are now obliged to fill in a form if a defendant they have prosecuted is acquitted, answering the question ‘how could an acquittal have been avoided?’

There is ‘an air of desperation’ about this, according to Fudge, with the CPS aiming to please a public intent on seeing more successful prosecutions of rape. In fact, argued Fudge, the introduction of more and more reforms to protect victims is a veil to ‘cover up institutional problems.’

‘The CPS is woefully underfunded,’ she said, meaning overworked caseworkers and lawyers are not giving complainants, witnesses and victims the ‘level of service they deserve’. ‘But unless the case is looked after properly before trial, saying they should be looked after in court is never going to achieve a sense of justice for victims.’"

What about the victims of false allegations???? Good grief......Words fail me

Comment

Well done on your result

So pleased you have the right result, gives us hope that we may get the same result next year when
            Our case goes to trial. It just destroys your life and the waiting is like purgatory. Good luck with your futurex

Comment

We had to contend with the prosecuting solicitor and the OIC making snide little jokes and giggling with each other like a couple of playground bullies. OIC couldn't even answer who the complainant was( at which point I felt like standing up and saying 'I know, I know... while a bit of fumbling took place) - nor could he give a reason why said complainant wasn't in court!

Still - the way I see it is that it really shows them up in front of juries and every time it happens, it's at least 12 more people who go away knowing how easy it is to get framed for something you didn't do and get a different view of the police and CPS.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingon? View Post
                ........................Still - the way I see it is that it really shows them up in front of juries and every time it happens, it's at least 12 more people who go away knowing how easy it is to get framed for something you didn't do and get a different view of the police and CPS.
                Yes. It's time the public were educated about FAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  I thoroughly despair of the criminal justice system, I really do.

"Sally Fudge – herself a prosecution advocate in cases of a sexual nature – told the debate that prosecutors are now obliged to fill in a form if a defendant they have prosecuted is acquitted, answering the question ‘how could an acquittal have been avoided?’

There is ‘an air of desperation’ about this, according to Fudge, with the CPS aiming to please a public intent on seeing more successful prosecutions of rape. In fact, argued Fudge, the introduction of more and more reforms to protect victims is a veil to ‘cover up institutional problems.’

‘The CPS is woefully underfunded,’ she said, meaning overworked caseworkers and lawyers are not giving complainants, witnesses and victims the ‘level of service they deserve’. ‘But unless the case is looked after properly before trial, saying they should be looked after in court is never going to achieve a sense of justice for victims.’"

What about the victims of false allegations???? Good grief......Words fail me
                  Just this

Comment

Working...
                  X