Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cps time frame

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone knew the time frame for the cps to do something, they have written to the family court saying they will be charging my partner on three counts but never written to him.

Our solicitor has been trying to get information but had no luck, I realise this is a waiting game but he really misses his kids and court wont resolve family matter untill this lie of an alegation is delt with.

also the lie has come from his ex and her sister but he is now on good talking terms with his ex? Is this a good thing? The family court want to see them getting on and supporting the kids which he is doing but nothing can happen untill the cps pull their finger out!
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. SCREEN SHOT EVERYTHING.

hi

I am still going thru a fa and it's been 5 months on I have heard for it to take 18 months But again heard of it taking weeks all depends how strong the evidence is and so on and also depending on how serious the case is I have spoken to the police a few times and they explained that if there is a serious case that needs dealing with then mine would be pushed back read what you would like from that but at the same my bail is not to attend a certain hospital and I have attended a few times with police permission hope this helps all the best

Comment

in law I believe that the CPS have to bring a case to a conclusion (NFA or charge) within 8 weeks of receiving it. However, in reality they don't adhere to this. Someone on t'other forum was charged after 2 weeks; others have waited more than 6 months. It depends on so many things and it basically seems they can take as short or long a time as they please... I'm sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear...as always - prepare for the worst outcome and be pleased if it isn't.....

Re: seeing and getting on with his ex: this depends on his bail conditions. It's unusual for someone not to be prevented from contacting their accuser by bail conditions. In the meantime the best he can do is to co-operate with the family court. Is SS involved as well?
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hiya

he has no bail conditions as he was never arrested he went in for a voluntary interview they said thanks very much we'll be in touch.

he sees his kids for 3 hours every other week with me and her and her new partner in a play place but the court order says they can arrange different places and times etc if they wish.

ss were involved they interviewed me as we have a child together and I have an older child they said nfa, my hv said no ones worried otherwise they wouldnt let me leave him alone with the kids.

the ss were involved with his other kids again nfa unless hes found guilty, ss may still be involved with his ex younger sister as shes the one who it supposedly happened to but shes now 16 its meant to have happened over 2 years ago! If they get their dates (lies) right?

it just seems like no ones that bothered about the fa yet we cant see his kids properly until they do something!
        KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. SCREEN SHOT EVERYTHING.

Comment

I'd say it's generally positive if SS is taking NFA - they usually trample over everyone even after a NG verdict. It is a very positive thing that they allow him to see any children - if they were at all bothered they wouldn't even allow supervised visits.
          It is also positive that he has been neither arrested nor given bail conditions. This does tend to show that they're not that bothered; the down side of this (as someone on here - possibly CH or BDC - said to me) is that it's not a high priority and therefore not urgent for them.....
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Is the eight weeks thing true? We're currently at 7 x
            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

When my case was going on, I was informed by the Police that once the case had gone to the CPS for a decision, it should usually take no longer than 1 month. However, my case went to the CPS on three occasions and on two of those they recommended further actions. On the second occasion, the case was with the CPS for nearly three months and I raised this in a complaint and was told this shouldn't have happened.

I have also heard like others that more serious cases will be pushed through quickly and I guess it depends on whether the police/CPS feel there is an imminent "risk".

Comment

Working...
              X