No announcement yet.

very worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either the police have got some fresh evidence they want to let you know about or one of the witnesses has made a fresh statement (or another witness has come forward) or hopefully someone might retracted a statement!

As kris says, your solicitor will try to find out before the interview so as to give you some guidance as how to respond.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Oh ok thanks Kris

Comment

And thank you CH

Comment

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
          ...........my FA s blood and urine tests are back ...unsure what that will prove as I met her on a night out so drink was drunk...
          This will obviously say how drunk you both were in terms of Blood alcohol content or BAC . Different factors influence this which makes it useful but not infallible evidence. If blood is tested sufficiently soon after a bout of drinking it can be back-tracked to to last estimated drink. This will give an idea as to the woman's condition at the time you had sex and whether or not she would have been in a fit state to consent.

With the test results, there should be a forensic report that will indicate this in the conclusion. However, because everyone is different these results may not be decisive. You can ask for an independant expert forensic opinion to interpret the results but you may have to pay for this.

There was a very similar case to yours a while back involving someone coming out of a club where CCTV was in operation which filmed the woman walking perfectly well in high heals when she claimed she was legless and raped by someone she knew and went home with a short while later. The prosecution did everything they could to prevent the accused from obtaining and using this film as evidence which he did eventually and was found 'not guilty'.
          http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_2293086.html

I would ask your solicitor prior to your interview to try and obtain the CCTV footing from your club (or the police if they have it).

Comment

Hi that's great advice I will seek an independent expert after I have been informed of the results. You are right drink effects everyone differently.

I have asked countless times for the CCTV to be saved but seems the police are being very vague and can't confirm the have it this would indicated to me as it aids my case it's been lost :/

Thank you for that advice

Comment

My God that case is very similar to mine need that CCTV showing us on the night out showing she wasn't overly drunk

Comment

IF you are charged, the solicitor can request the CCTV evidence, if it still exists at that point. Do you know who owns the cameras? A shop, private house or council?
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

RF it was several nightclubs on the night all of which would show her A) approaching me she was all over me being over the top ect and C) her leaving the last nightclub on high heals being able to walk perfectly fine unaided

I have raised my concerns with my solicitor and she has said that if it hasn't been saved its a bad mark against the police (she used a technical name I can't remember

Getting increasing nervous the closer my bail date comes :/

Comment

I would still ask the sol to contact any of the clubs that run CCTV and ask if she can look at any recordings (if they still exist) of that night and between certain time periods. It's better than doing nothing at all.

Comment

Good tip I will call her

Many Thanks

Comment

bail tomorrow

Hi guys .......Just had a rather lengthy conversation with solicitor ahead of my bail date tomorrow which I not going to lie I'm rather bricking it .....she said she has listened to my original interview tapes and said the police CPS have a very weak case as all they will have to rely on is the am out of acholol in her system she did say even that is subjective as one person handles alcohol better than others. So I am taking some hope on that one.

One quick question. I was held in a cell for 18 hours the first time around will I be subjected to a similar thing tomorrow ? Need to think about buses or trains to get home.

Thanks as ever

Comment

Nobody can answer that question. You've not said they plan to re-interview you so I doubt you would be there very long.

Comment

One quick question. I was held in a cell for 18 hours the first time around will I be subjected to a similar thing tomorrow ? Need to think about buses or trains to get home.

Thanks as ever
                            When I went for my second interview I met my solicitor on the steps of the police station and we walked through the front door together, the OIC met us at the desk and took us through to the interview room. We left by the front door again immediately after the interview was over so I guess it will be the same for you.

The cells are just a convenient place to store the accused between the various bits of procedures which won't apply this time.

Comment

Just heard from my solicitor I am being re-interviewed next week (my bail date) my FA s blood and urine tests are back ...unsure what that will prove as I met her on a night out so drink was drunk ? Anyway my solicitor says I am more than likely going to be re-bailed to give the CPS more time ? Unsure if this is a good or bad thing or indifferent.

One question I do have my solicitor says she will speak with the OIC before my interview to gain any disclosures ....what does that mean?

Thanks guys

SB
                              Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                              Nobody can answer that question. You've not said they plan to re-interview you so I doubt you would be there very long.

Comment

Yes indeed a re-interviewed in light of the blood and urine tests being in.

Ok so hopefully a relatively speedy process my bail time is 12pm so should be ok for public transport afterwards.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                                X