No announcement yet.

very worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well devesating news tonight my solicitor has called me to inform me that I've been charged with one countvof rape having been accused of two. Absolutely gutted in shock how on earth do I continue building my life after this words can't describe how I feel like being hit by a train !!!!

Comment

So sorry to hear this but you must now gather your strength to fight your corner.

To expand on my quick posting last night, like you I am shocked that you have been charged as I thought you were due an NFA. Nevertheless the fact that the girl has made two accusations when there was only the one instance of intercourse must throw doubt on her statement; chose a good lawyer and start on that defence statement!
      Last edited by Casehardened; 14 April 2015, 05:41 AM.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        So sorry to hear this but you must now gather your strength to fight your corner.

To expand on my quick posting last night, like you I am shocked that you have been charged as I thought you were due an NFA. Nevertheless the fact that the girl has made two accusations when there was only the one instance of intercourse must throw doubt on her statement; chose a good lawyer and start on that defence statement!
        Likewise, sorry to hear this, can't offer anything but my best wishes. Really hoping things will work out for you!

Comment

You now need to instruct a solicitor who has experience in these matters, in the area where any trial will take place. Ifyou are not confident in the current on then you need to act quickly.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Very sorry to hear this.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this

Please keep strong.

From what I've learnt about such accusations is that there seems to be a few common types and clearly one of these is the one-night stand in a hotel scenario. Now it's worth remembering that this is tough for any jury to make a guilty decision on because of its nature, unlike other scenarios where there could be a longer term historical story.

Keep chin up

Comment

Lets get serious

Hi bootsandsuits

Like you, I understand the impact of hearing the words "you have been charged with...." Its like being smashed in the face with an iron!

However... this is where you begin to fight.. you will feel up and you will feel down..When ever im down I go to youtube... and type in "why do we fall" its an awesome motivational video.. in the last two years I must have played it 821,000 times

My advice, after going through this process...

1) Look for a solicitor you can trust... as they are the conduit of all administrative work... and the voice to your barrister
                2) In my experience, there is a hell of a lot of grunt work that was required to ensure the solicitor/barrister had everything they need.. I have done more chasing and emailing then I ever would of thought.
                3) Dont look through the internet on other cases and try and think what will happen to you if things go bad.. every case is different.. everyone's situation is different.. just focus on you and your case.
                4) Dont expect things to go swimmingly, I have had several upsets/changes during my experience.. and its something, I have had to roll with.
                5) After every meeting, follow it up with an email summarising what you thought was said and the actions that is required..
                6) Look after your body and mind... (This is something that I have struggled with... but something I would suggest to anyone)

Good Luck to you, and remember.. this is not the end.. you will get through it!

Much Love, IG

Comment

Brilliant response and advice from IG.
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                    Brilliant response and advice from IG.
                    Thank you so much everyone for your advise well Wednesday was all over very quickly went to answer bail was given my charge sheet which I must say is awfully written!!

My court date at the magistrate's court is in 4 weeks all where I am told its a formality but already dreadding it never been to court before

Was doing really well but I must admit I have cracked this week had to take the week off work and be signed off from the Dr. I have never experienced such panic and sheer terror in all my life I shake and sweat at the most random times. Don't know how I can face going back to work on Monday but know I have to. Just signed a 12 month tenacy on a beautiful apartment may not even see that time though here !!

I haven't ever hated anyone as much as I do he'd her lies are running my life my solicitor says the cost now could go up to £25k asked family but once I'm found not guilty I'll still have to lay it back and she strolls off into the sunset to do this all again to some poor other guy that was purly out to have a drink until she walks into your life and ruins it !!!!!!

Comment

Hi BootsandSuits

The magistrates is a formality where all cases ago, and then passed on to the crown.. As this is your first time going to court, I can understand what you are feeling.. before you go in, three deep breathes..

Please know, the time in magistrates will be over in a flash. I was in and out within 10 minutes... I didn't like magistrates, just because of the type of people that are there.. crown court is much more civilised experience, and the judge on my case was completely fair.

I wont lie to you, I was a wreck at times... but I think the key to this process is the people around you. Family and friends..... My wife and I talked for hours about how we felt.. and it helped me.

With regards to cost.. it obviously varies on the case... however.. I will say I paid for a fixed case (Which im glad I did... or i would of paid 2-3 times that, for how long mine went on for)

solicitor - 3.2k
                      barrister - 11k

These costs would of been reflected upon a 5 day trial. (So I hope that gives you a comparative)... Oh and my guy was the head of chambers and a QC.

The barrister is key in my opinion, you need to note how he talks to you, how he presents himself.. as these are the key factors when he presents your case to the judge and jury... he has to be likable.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Good Look my friend... I promise.. it will be over one day.

Much Love IG

Comment

hi

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
                        Thank you so much everyone for your advise well Wednesday was all over very quickly went to answer bail was given my charge sheet which I must say is awfully written!!

My court date at the magistrate's court is in 4 weeks all where I am told its a formality but already dreadding it never been to court before

Was doing really well but I must admit I have cracked this week had to take the week off work and be signed off from the Dr. I have never experienced such panic and sheer terror in all my life I shake and sweat at the most random times. Don't know how I can face going back to work on Monday but know I have to. Just signed a 12 month tenacy on a beautiful apartment may not even see that time though here !!

I haven't ever hated anyone as much as I do he'd her lies are running my life my solicitor says the cost now could go up to £25k asked family but once I'm found not guilty I'll still have to lay it back and she strolls off into the sunset to do this all again to some poor other guy that was purly out to have a drink until she walks into your life and ruins it !!!!!!
                        Makes the blood boil! All the best b & s. Stay strong! Hoping for the best for you!

Comment

The mag. and Crown court (in 4 weeks) appearance along the FA road of hell will equip you with more strength to get to the final hurdle.

It is not nice but not a bad as we expected.

Try to stay focused on the 'game'. Once you start to receive the statements and other information from CPS - you will be more powerful in your preparation for the final chapter. It will bring some release to you knowing that you can finally commence fighting back.

Comment

1st court appreance

Hi all sorry for the delay from my last update as we all know your life has to continue.

So from my last update i stuipidly broke and confided with my manager about my situation. He assured me he understood and i had his support from there he thoigh his boss Nd the his bosses boss. Anyway a week later i was let go again!! I have now found anothed job and start on monday so note to self never ever tell your emplpyer ots like having a diease that no one wants to catch.

Anyway i appreared in the magistrates court on monday whete i confirmed my name and address and date of birth that was it and they passed it onto the crown court which is three weeks where i am being told by my sol a timetable will be drawn up.

After my two min court appreance my sol took me into a room and read out loud the staements took by the police officers my neigbours and of course the FA.

Throughout her entire statement she changed her story and followed everything up with erm erm but i cant be sure etc etc shes also admited to have accuesed another man of tgis a few years ago!!

My version of events have never changed hers has in every statement

as i am sure you all know the frustion of a FA with made up fantasies is a nightmare to hear but all we can all do is hope that at extream cost both personally and to the publivc purse justice will be done and she walks away with no costs or questions to answer mad system

love to all lets stick together !!

Comment

Thanks for the update!
                              It's good to see youre still standing!
                              Good advice about work, although some here have had great support from their employers.
                              It's impossible to know which way it will work isn't it.
                              Brilliant that you've been able to get another job.
                              Sending lots of positive vibes and will be thinking of you through the next few months.
                              Keep us updated and we will support you any way we can!
                              Big hugs
                              YoH

Comment

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
                                Hi all sorry for the delay from my last update as we all know your life has to continue.

So from my last update i stuipidly broke and confided with my manager about my situation. He assured me he understood and i had his support from there he thoigh his boss Nd the his bosses boss. Anyway a week later i was let go again!! I have now found anothed job and start on monday so note to self never ever tell your emplpyer ots like having a diease that no one wants to catch.

Anyway i appreared in the magistrates court on monday whete i confirmed my name and address and date of birth that was it and they passed it onto the crown court which is three weeks where i am being told by my sol a timetable will be drawn up.

After my two min court appreance my sol took me into a room and read out loud the staements took by the police officers my neigbours and of course the FA.

Throughout her entire statement she changed her story and followed everything up with erm erm but i cant be sure etc etc shes also admited to have accuesed another man of tgis a few years ago!!

My version of events have never changed hers has in every statement

as i am sure you all know the frustion of a FA with made up fantasies is a nightmare to hear but all we can all do is hope that at extream cost both personally and to the publivc purse justice will be done and she walks away with no costs or questions to answer mad system

love to all lets stick together !!
                                It's encouraging to hear that your case sounds strong. How are things going for you at the moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X