Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice strongly needed

Hi guys would really need some advice or guidance if possible;

I was arrested last week on suspicion of rape - I was locked in a cell for 16hours and let go on bail the following day. A girl from a local pub that I frequent has accused me of raping her and having no idea what had happened.

I had sexual activity with this girl and intercourse prior to this incident and coincidentally had sex the following day (after she stated she was raped). There are numerous texts on my phone via whatsapp and I can prove calls have been going back and forth (police have taken my phone as evidence). The reason they have taken my phone is because stupidly in drink I recorded the incident. I showed my mates in the pub the following day as a joke but understand that this was a stupid thing to do! Although the video was wrong I believe it can actually be my saving grace as it clearly shows the girl enjoying herself and infact playing up towards the camera. I deleted the video as my mobile was a works phone, I've spoken to Apple and they cant be certain whether they can be retrieved.

In total we have had sex 3times over a weekly period whilst texting and talking in between, this incident has all happened because her father has found out about the video and she is too scared to admit that she consented.

I have to go back in 8weeks for bail, I have a solicitor looking into the case but theyve advised nothing can be done until I go back to the station and find out what will happen next.

I'd appreciate any advice please.

Hi and sorry you have had to find this forum, your sol is right there's is not a lot they can do unless you are charged. U should have lots of witness ie the people u showednthe video to! Did u have a sol with you when you were interviewed? Keep all other evidence that you have to yourself and sol the police will only lose it or allow her to change her story.
    Remember the police are not ur friends and are only looking for a conviction

Comment

thanks omg

Originally posted by o my god View Post
      Hi and sorry you have had to find this forum, your sol is right there's is not a lot they can do unless you are charged. U should have lots of witness ie the people u showednthe video to! Did u have a sol with you when you were interviewed? Keep all other evidence that you have to yourself and sol the police will only lose it or allow her to change her story.
      Remember the police are not ur friends and are only looking for a conviction
      thanks for the response omg, yes I had a duty solicitor present at my initial interview. I've got people who have seen the video who can confirm everything. Her boss, also asked her if she would like to stay at her house the night in question but the alleged 'victim' stated she wanted to come back with me.

I have copies of my phone record, a specific conversation for 16minutes was from me to her when she walked back from my house after we had sex for the first time.

Comment

I will never understand why some men would want to video-record sex without the other person knowing about it, and then show it to his mates 'for a laugh'. I would be furious if somebody did that to me. However, that is bye the bye - it is what it is.

Hopefully the police will be able to retrieve the video - if not I know a certain forensic expert who may well be able to do that.

Keep posting and also look at other threads as there may well be answers on them that you have questions for.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

silly

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          I will never understand why some men would want to video-record sex without the other person knowing about it, and then show it to his mates 'for a laugh'. I would be furious if somebody did that to me. However, that is bye the bye - it is what it is.

Hopefully the police will be able to retrieve the video - if not I know a certain forensic expert who may well be able to do that.

Keep posting and also look at other threads as there may well be answers on them that you have questions for.
          I understand it was a stupid thing to do and honestly believe that if I hadn't recorded it I don't think I would be where I am today. Yeah I'm looking constantly, I hope she finds out the repercussions of lying and finally admits everything.
          Thanks FR.

Comment

It's a lesson well learned!

If she is on Facebook and you can see her profile, look at any comments that might of use to you. For instance if she brags about coming into s large amount of money soon. Don't get into any conversation with her or her friends, no liking or sharing directly from her profile either. Also check out any other social-networking sites she might be on.

Do not give any such evidence to the police or tell them that you are monitoring the profile, because they will just tell her to sort out her privacy settings.

Comment

good advice

yeah she's on some social media sites so will keep a look out, thanks for your help.

Comment

You need to take screenshots as opposed to copy/pastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  You need to take screenshots as opposed to copy/pastes.
                  Anyone else got any suggestions please?

Comment

Originally posted by gtlen View Post
                    Anyone else got any suggestions please?
                    keep every contact you have with her - social media, text, email, photos, cards anything. back them up and store them somewhere where plod can't get them. Watch her FB/Twitter every day. Liars always trip themselves up sooner or later
                    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
                    X