Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling

I know there have been a lot of messages on this topic but I needed to post as I have no one to speak to. I have had a false accusation and although it was nfa'd (she withdrew allegation) I am terrified that she will renew her allegation at a later date. I am so alone the shame of being accused of it is so terrible I have not told anyone. I am struggling to work and spend 100% of my time worrying about prison etc. It is difficult to find anything to look forward to just grinding worry 100% of the time.

Welcome to the forum,glad your case is nfa.
    You would like to think that she would be dismissed if she tried to bring it up again,in fact it's verging on wasting police time.
    Can understand your worry though and hopefully nothing else will come of it.
    You'll get plenty support and advice here and hopefully put your mind a bit more at ease,take care.

Comment

Have you spoken about it with a sol, I don't really no wot could happen as she withdraw the fa, hopefully rf will be along later and will be able to help more.
      But for the meantime you have an nfa so enjoy life again if you need to think about set half hour each day this way it allows you let it out but still carry on

Comment

Originally posted by struggling to get through View Post
        I know there have been a lot of messages on this topic but I needed to post as I have no one to speak to. I have had a false accusation and although it was nfa'd (she withdrew allegation) I am terrified that she will renew her allegation at a later date. I am so alone the shame of being accused of it is so terrible I have not told anyone. I am struggling to work and spend 100% of my time worrying about prison etc. It is difficult to find anything to look forward to just grinding worry 100% of the time.
        Hi sorry to hear you are finding it difficult even after your nfa, I can sort of understand how you feel as even though my husband got his not guilty 5 months ago I still have high levels of anxiety at times. Everyone has their own way of working through things and take different amounts of time to heal. How long were you waiting for the nfa decision ?

Are you aware for the fa's reason for withdrawing her allegation ?
        The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post
          Hi sorry to hear you are finding it difficult even after your nfa, I can sort of understand how you feel as even though my husband got his not guilty 5 months ago I still have high levels of anxiety at times. Everyone has their own way of working through things and take different amounts of time to heal. How long were you waiting for the nfa decision ?

Are you aware for the fa's reason for withdrawing her allegation ?

hi there it was nfa'd several hours after being arrested. My impression was it was just not wanting to proceed at this time, the standard original statement was true but do not want to support a prosecution at this time.

Comment

Nfa should mean an end to it all, as without her statement they have nothing and it must have been a very small chance or they would have still investigated it.

Comment

hi there it was nfa'd several hours after being arrested. My impression was it was just not wanting to proceed at this time, the standard original statement was true but do not want to support a prosecution at this time.
              I would have thought the fact you were nfa'd so quickly is a positive, it is very unlikely that the police would have done this if they thought there was any truth in the allegation. The fact that they have nfa'd you rather than no crimed is more political manoevuring to hide the true incidence of what are often false allegations.

Sorry to omg just realised you'd already said as much !
              Last edited by frightened spouse; 1 September 2014, 11:04 PM.
              The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Ask for the NFA in writing if you do not have it. Usually it's "no further action unless further evidence....." but if the latter part is not there and it says "There will be no further action in this matter/case" they can't resurrect it. If they tried to there are appeal judgments that could be used to prevent it going further.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Ask for the NFA in writing if you do not have it. Usually it's "no further action unless further evidence....." but if the latter part is not there and it says "There will be no further action in this matter/case" they can't resurrect it. If they tried to there are appeal judgments that could be used to prevent it going further.

The police form called it a Refused Charge rather than an NFA but I understand it means the same thing.

It definitely does NOT say 'unless further evidence.'

The form just says Refused Charge and the circumstances of the refused charge are cited as 'Victim has Withdrawn Allegation.'

Comment

U may have to wait to hear back from rf about that

Comment

Is this in England or Scotland/Ireland. I've not heard of 'refused charge' before - not that that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just haven't heard of it before.

You could get the sol to ask for clarification on it.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        Is this in England or Scotland/Ireland. I've not heard of 'refused charge' before - not that that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just haven't heard of it before.

You could get the sol to ask for clarification on it.

its England I think its just another way of saying NFA, I believe its the more old fashioned term

Comment

Well I would ask for an fa or no crime, they must play at the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
                            Well I would ask for an fa or no crime, they must play at the rules.
                            How have other people handled telling other people about fas? I have not told anyone but it is eating me up inside.

Comment

How have other people handled telling other people about fas? I have not told anyone but it is eating me up inside.
                              Also any advice on eating? I haven't been able to eat for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X