No announcement yet.

Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Struggling and welcome - loss of appetite is very common and it's very difficult to eat when your body doesn't want to. Try eating a little every so often - nice nutritious stuff like unsalted mixed nuts and raisins; ready sliced carrots; cheese; avocado; sliced turkey; things that don't need preparation - and also a glass of Complan - chocolate one is yummy - made with milk - it has many nutrients in it you need daily.
    If this continues much longer then you will become mal-nourished and that will also negatively affect your mental health as well as your physical health, so you may want to confide in your GP.....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I can't see that a 'refuse charge' is the same as NFA. Some complainants will withdraw the charges for many reasons. It doesn't always mean that the allegation is false; just means that the complainant cannot go through it at that time.

Obviously I am not suggesting that the allegation is true. However, you need to ask you solicitor to get that clarified.

Eating - multi vitamins especially vitamin B complex will help. If you can't face solids try soups - preferably home made.

Please let us know how you get on
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I agree with rf that refuse charge means that they could reopen it again (sorry don't mean to worry you) but as rf says get a sol to sort out wot it really means

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
          I agree with rf that refuse charge means that they could reopen it again (sorry don't mean to worry you) but as rf says get a sol to sort out wot it really means

they mean the same thing bit I think you're right nfa or refused charge they can open it again.

http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/p...sops/q01m.html

Comment

I would definitely take the advice given earlier to get the meaning clarified by a solicitor.

Although this is six years old and the CRB bit may/may not have been changed, it is the same question - http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/1bb...ed-charge.html

Comment

Originally posted by struggling to get through View Post
              they mean the same thing bit I think you're right nfa or refused charge they can open it again.

http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/p...sops/q01m.html

If it meant the same thing I cannot see why they would have two separate versions of the same thing.

The link you provide says nothing about NFA or that "There will be no further action".

NFA can be resurrected in certain circumstances, say if fresh 'compelling' evidence comes to light. It depends on how the NFA is worded.

Taken from an appeal judgement in a case where an NFA was resurrected after the def was told that "there will be no further action in this matter":

"Accordingly, we are satisfied that the police have misused their powers when they went back on their word and instituted proceedings. We do not consider the reason for doing so in the subsequent letter in June 1997 is an adequate explanation or justification for reinstituting the proceedings. It is conceded that none of these matters were the fault of the appellant. The prejudice is obvious and substantial. The appellant was clearly at a disadvantage in the preparation and conduct of his defence. This situation could not be remedied by any direction in the summing-up".

Edit: Done some digging. I think that the 'refuse charge' occurs when a complainant withdraws the allegations and depending on the reason for withdrawing, it's a Refuse Charge or a NFA. For instance if she withdraws saying "I can't face it at this time" then this may well be where the "refuse charge" comes in.

If she withdraws saying that it didn't happen, or similar, then that would be NFA. Ask to see her statement where she withdrew the allegations and you should know from that why it was a refuse charge, not NFA.

I am currently dealing with an appeal where one complainant withdrew her statement as she couldn't face the investigation and trial as her parents were ill, however her allegations were reinstated a couple of months later and the client was convicted. He certainly was not NFA'd on that after the initial withdrawal.

Please do get this clarified by a solicitor if only for your own peace of mind.
              Last edited by Rights Fighter; 7 September 2014, 11:34 AM.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                Is this in England or Scotland/Ireland. I've not heard of 'refused charge' before - not that that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just haven't heard of it before.

You could get the sol to ask for clarification on it.

Hi rights fighter - any chance I could send you a PM or have a quick chat? Just have a question for you.

Comment

Originally posted by struggling to get through View Post
                  How have other people handled telling other people about fas? I have not told anyone but it is eating me up inside.
                  Hey,

Glad you are clear of any trouble. Its always tough and getting through something like this is a massive mental ordeal. After reading through this and I kbow it wont help but i think you should feel very very fortunate she saw sense and dropped it before it got serious. I felt fortunate with 6 months on bail, about 12 hours of interview tape everyone finding out by the police questioning them, losing my job. Seeing the close family members or friends of others currently going through a trial after dealing with that as well is really the complete other end of the spectrum.

Back to the point though- the anxiety is understandable. Your appetite will return gradually. The human body is very resilient and you won't just starve, you will eventually have the need to eat a little, then a little more the next day as your mind catches up with what you've been through.

Telling people is a whole new story.. You didn't get the full experience so being more open shouldn't cause any shame. You didn't do anything? I was forward with my relationship that followed and we are still together now, if anything it made us stronger because of the honesty from the start and she was there to support me. Where you can legally avoid it, don't start telling everyone at work. Offload on those closest to you and it will ease your need to be honest and tell everyone when you really don't need to.

I've probably not been much help but if you ever need to just chat or ask anything that hasn't been covered, send me a message. I'm happy to listen and offer any advice thay may help.

Good luck and chin up buddy. The recovery takes a while but you will be fine. Keep talking, it helps.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X