Urgent advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed please

About a 2weeks ago the police invited me for interview about a friend who alleged accused me of rape which i never did,this is the story.

About a month ago,this female friend i used to flirt with mostly on phone some years back out of blue called me after almost a year of no communication that she was coming over to mine house,luckily i had a friend of mine staying At my ending during that time,she drove two hours from hers to mine,

i met her with a friend then all three of us went to another friends bbq,after the bbq we went to back to my house to change for clubbing,my intention was she was going to sleep over because it was very late,

we got touchy,holding and caressing each other passionately because this my other friend was in the house with us all this time,i never thought of anything sexual at that very moment,this is a woman i disappointed for my mrs thou,we decide she comes the following weekend since no one will be in house,

me and my male friend dressed up,she offered to drop me in town and take the opportunity to see how the how the town looks like,we all got out of the house,sat in her car to town and my male friend drove off to pick some other guys up for town,i got to town with her,we kissed and she drove off back to her house,it was around 12midnight.

She texted me when she got home,we were texting and talking on phone for about three days,she checking on me because i had this headache and all,then i realise my mrs was gonna be home the weekend we planed to hook up so i decide to distance my self a bit,on the weekend she texted me that is a good news because she is not working,i replied in a manner that i was working to prevent her from coming,

after that weekend we never talked till after two weeks she texted me she is sorry she cant be with a rapist,i was shocked and began to ring her,she never picked,left her alone then she went to the police to make this lies against me,

the police have my phone now for about two weeks,i have been interviewed,my male friend have been interviewed as well,the girl claim my male friend left us alone in the house which is never true,he was with us all the time that evening,she claim i ceased her car keys to prevent her from leaving,which is never true basically everything this girl alleged against me was never true,

i wonder why the police will even waste their time on such a case,is bothering me now,i wanna know the possible out come,how long they gonna have my phone for,how long this case can last for,what can i do if the police drop this case,my life is at a stand still now,please help.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 25 August 2014, 05:19 AM. Reason: Split into paragraphs for easier reading

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I've split your text into paragraphs to make for easier understanding of your situation. Quite a few members have been through similar experiences and hopefully they will be along to offer support.

In the meantime there is some general advice in this link:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi

Sorry to hear of the situation you find yourself in, it is unfortunately a very common story on this site, in the current climate police have to investigate any allegation of this kind as if it were true even if you know it is malicious nonsense.

As this only happened two weeks ago it is very early days and you are no doubt still in shock. The police do not work quickly especially at this time of year when many will be on annual leave. There is no concern or appreciation by the police for the horrendous experience of having your life on hold and the uncertainty of the outcome.

It maybe many weeks or even months before there is any decision on whether the case will proceed, so prepare yourself for a considerable wait. However in the meantime it may help you to write down a detailed time line of events ( no detail is too small) and keep it to yourself in case you are charged

You mention the police have your phone, they are very unlikely to return it until the investigation is concluded. If you can remember any significant contact you had with the accuser , particularly after the alleged rape, note it down in your timeline. It sounds as if she was very bitter that you cancelled the next meeting you were supposed to have with her and subsequently made this allegation against you.

Did you have a solicitor with you when you were interviewed ?
      The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

I've moved the thread to 'Falsely Accused' as it's more likely to get replies here.
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

no please

Hi,i didn't have a solicitor the police asked if i wanted one but i refused.

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post
          Hi

Sorry to hear of the situation you find yourself in, it is unfortunately a very common story on this site, in the current climate police have to investigate any allegation of this kind as if it were true even if you know it is malicious nonsense.

As this only happened two weeks ago it is very early days and you are no doubt still in shock. The police do not work quickly especially at this time of year when many will be on annual leave. There is no concern or appreciation by the police for the horrendous experience of having your life on hold and the uncertainty of the outcome.

It maybe many weeks or even months before there is any decision on whether the case will proceed, so prepare yourself for a considerable wait. However in the meantime it may help you to write down a detailed time line of events ( no detail is too small) and keep it to yourself in case you are charged

You mention the police have your phone, they are very unlikely to return it until the investigation is concluded. If you can remember any significant contact you had with the accuser , particularly after the alleged rape, note it down in your timeline. It sounds as if she was very bitter that you cancelled the next meeting you were supposed to have with her and subsequently made this allegation against you.

Did you have a solicitor with you when you were interviewed ?
          Last edited by Casehardened; 29 August 2014, 05:40 AM.

Comment

If they ask to talk to you again then please ask for a sol to be with you,they will advise you on what to and not to say the police will play and cat and mouse game with you, remember the police are not your friends and will only try to prove that you are guilty.
            I would surgest going and seeing a sol when you can and going though it all with them when you can.

Comment

Thank for the advice

[QUOTE=o my god;50074]If they ask to talk to you again then please ask for a sol to be with you,they will advise you on what to and not to say the police will play and cat and mouse game with you, remember the police are not your friends and will only try to prove that you are guilty.
              I would surgest going and seeing a sol when you can and going though it all with them when you can.[i will just do that when they asked to talk to me again,thanks for the advice]

Comment

Working...
              X