Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last thread!! Great News!!

Hi,

I previously described the hell I have just been through in some rather emotional posts, and I say 'just' gone through (maybe a smidge to soon) because I have just had word of the CPS's decision not to offer any evidence with less than a month to go until the trail. I just wanted to write something on here to let people know that no matter what you are going through right now or how helpless you feel, as long as you know you are innocent and fight your corner then the truth will out, if thats after full trial like many have to endure or like me the CPS terminate proceedings.

I am now waiting to see how this pans out, I have been on the CPS website and found out exactly what 'not offering evidence' means and it basically means the judge will offer a not guilty verdict which is awesome after the year I've had! I was just wondering though, does anybody know exactly what I should expect now, like do I have to go to court? will this be on my record even though I have been found not guilty?

Thanks for any info!

P.S. good luck to all those out there going through what I have just been through, its a long, horrible, scary and sometimes incredibly lonely experience that has the potential to tear your life apart. Even though you are innocent people like to gossip and it makes for better gossip if everyone labels you a sexual predator. You will lose people you though where friends even family maybe but now more than ever you have to be strong and keep your dignity, I lost all hope at one point and even attempted suicide twice during my ordeal and what I realised is that it made everyone think they were right about me. You need to stand tall, prove your innocence and if you speak the truth you will be rid of this eventually and be able to get on with your life as I can now!

For mothers and family members of people that have been wrongly accused, if you know they are innocent, that they would never do something so heinous, then don't be afraid about the legal proceedings. THE TRUTH WILL OUT! you need to be there for them allot. One of the main things that got me down was the profound sense of loneliness the best thing you can do is distract them and let them know you are there and you will get through this as a unit because you believe them a sense of unity will be invaluable to them and a promise things will sort themselves out like they have for me!

Hi HB123,

Thanks for the update on your awful situation, as you say it brings positivity to other members; and here are the traditional bananas......

Re-reading your op, it is hard to believe that the CPS would even contemplate bringing this to trial; but fortunately either wiser counsels prevailed or your ex refused to go in the witness stand, you will probably never know which.

As you were (presumably) charged with the offence you will need to go to court to be officially discharged a free man but do check this with your solicitor.

All of this will be on the PNC, worth remembering if you apply for a job requiring an ECRB.

Best wishes for your future, but be aware that you will be a long while before this experience stops affecting you.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

So pleased for you!

Comment

Hi casehardened,

Thanks for the uplifting post, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad this is nearing an end!

So you say my PMC, would you mind explaining to me what that means? Like is this thing still going to have an effect on my life even though I am found not guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post

So pleased for you!
          is there justice?

there is justice!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by heartbroken123 View Post
            So you say my PMC, would you mind explaining to me what that means? Like is this thing still going to have an effect on my life even though I am found not guilty?
            PNC i.e. Police National Computer, this will hold a record of your arrest, charge, and, presumably, your court appearance. I don't think there's much you can do about this as it is there for the benefit of the police (should you ever get arrested for anything else) but what is a grey area is what they enter on the ERCB database (but I think you can write to the Chief Constable to appeal about the information on this if it is unfair to yourself)

Yes indeed, this is a life-changing experience, e.g. you are probably going to walk on eggshells in relation to any further encounters with women!
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
              PNC i.e. Police National Computer, this will hold a record of your arrest, charge, and, presumably, your court appearance. I don't think there's much you can do about this as it is there for the benefit of the police (should you ever get arrested for anything else) but what is a grey area is what they enter on the ERCB database (but I think you can write to the Chief Constable to appeal about the information on this if it is unfair to yourself)

Yes indeed, this is a life-changing experience, e.g. you are probably going to walk on eggshells in relation to any further encounters with women!
              Thanks for the info mate you have been really helpful and yeh I think you are right about women, don't even think I want any kind of relationship for a long time after this!

I think I'm going to have to follow this up with the Chief constable like you mentioned because it is completely unfair to infringe on my life further after what I have already been put through, I think it's disgusting that they can continue to make things difficult for me at this point!

Again thanks for all of your advice, I wish there was some way I could give you kudos or something because you are just full of really useful information I remember in my first post somebody directed me to a closed thread that you made that I found so useful and answered many of the questions that I had so thank you

Comment

Congratulations and I wish you all the best for the future.

Comment

I have only just read your thread as I am trying to forget the hell they put me through but come back to this site every now and again as it helped me sooo much. The same thing happened to me but the CPC failed to tell me and I only found out when one of the witnesses told me they had been stood down as the crown were offering no evidence against me.
                  yes you will still need to go to court but they call it a dispersal hearing and not a trial, In my case I sat in open court and not in the doc. Prosecution had their say on why they were presenting no evidence, my barrister ripped the CPS apart and then the judge critisised them for wasting everybody's time and money. I was declared Not Guilty and freed to leave. The CPS sent a Barrister but were not present neither was the Police.
                  Iterstingly the Judge also had it recorded that i as INOCENT of any crime and instructed the CPS to write a report on why thay had placed an inocent man in his court - over 2 years later and nothing from them (SHOCK).

You have Won so be happy but the B****rds always have thelast laugh, with me it's holidays as I love to travel but an not allowed in the USA,Australia,Canada or New Zealand without having to attend there embassy's to be interviewed.

I revel in the beleif that what comes around then goes around and look forward to the future with a new vitality about how wonderful life,family and friends are.

Please do the same and don't fester on the past as it will drag you down.

Good luck my friend

Comment

Sorry forgot the bananas, God i looked forward to seeing these so so much.

Comment

Originally posted by heartbroken123 View Post
                      Hi,

I previously described the hell I have just been through in some rather emotional posts, and I say 'just' gone through (maybe a smidge to soon) because I have just had word of the CPS's decision not to offer any evidence with less than a month to go until the trail. I just wanted to write something on here to let people know that no matter what you are going through right now or how helpless you feel, as long as you know you are innocent and fight your corner then the truth will out, if thats after full trial like many have to endure or like me the CPS terminate proceedings.

I am now waiting to see how this pans out, I have been on the CPS website and found out exactly what 'not offering evidence' means and it basically means the judge will offer a not guilty verdict which is awesome after the year I've had! I was just wondering though, does anybody know exactly what I should expect now, like do I have to go to court? will this be on my record even though I have been found not guilty?

Thanks for any info!

P.S. good luck to all those out there going through what I have just been through, its a long, horrible, scary and sometimes incredibly lonely experience that has the potential to tear your life apart. Even though you are innocent people like to gossip and it makes for better gossip if everyone labels you a sexual predator. You will lose people you though where friends even family maybe but now more than ever you have to be strong and keep your dignity, I lost all hope at one point and even attempted suicide twice during my ordeal and what I realised is that it made everyone think they were right about me. You need to stand tall, prove your innocence and if you speak the truth you will be rid of this eventually and be able to get on with your life as I can now!

For mothers and family members of people that have been wrongly accused, if you know they are innocent, that they would never do something so heinous, then don't be afraid about the legal proceedings. THE TRUTH WILL OUT! you need to be there for them allot. One of the main things that got me down was the profound sense of loneliness the best thing you can do is distract them and let them know you are there and you will get through this as a unit because you believe them a sense of unity will be invaluable to them and a promise things will sort themselves out like they have for me!
                      Wow! What an amazing post with lost of great advice. Congratulations on getting through this and proving your innocence. My dad is currently FA and we are going through hell worrying and waiting to hear what's going to happen.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant news and I'm soooooo pleased for you.......

PS - not all us women are untrustworthy - some of us are just luverly!!!!! You just need to find us!!!!! xx
                        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

:
                          Great news

Comment

Thanks all of you for your supportive comments! You are all awesome!

myhome, I know I just wish you gooduns weren't so damn good at hiding. Well its either that or I seem to attract real psychos!

Again thanks to all of you for your lovely messages!

Comment

Fantastic news.

Comment

Working...
                              X