Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsely accused of rape, been charged for 1 account of rape and to accounts of sexual assult...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hy. Sorry to see you on here.

Have you been charged with 2 accounts of rape and 1 of sexual assault ? Sorry if I have missed that but couldn't see that you had been charged at all.

Sorry edited to say that the title says it all.
    Last edited by Incredulous; 7 August 2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
      So have u been charged, as u say u have court Wednesday, if what they call themselves were friendsdont talk to now then they we're never friends, hope u have some surrport fromur family
      I have been charged and have court in a weeks time, I have loads of support from family and a lot more from my fiancee
      "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Sir William Blackstone (1765)

Comment

That's great news, I would look into wot fs said about the fb thing,

Comment

Originally posted by frightened spouse View Post
          Hi Sorry to hear about your current situation, I just wanted to mention that it is possible for your solicitor to request any Facebook communication (including private conversations), texts or other social media contact between the two accusers when your defence statement is submitted before the plea hearing.

I know this as our solicitor requested this info regarding my daughter and her friend who she had persuaded to lie for her regarding disclosure of abuse and who was going to be a prosecution witness.

Best wishes
          how would i go about getting my solicitor to do that?
          "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Sir William Blackstone (1765)

Comment

Hi

I am presuming that the court appearance next week is magistrates, after that it will be passed on to crown court as it is considered too serious a charge to be heard at magistrates . It is only after you have been to court that the paper work will start to come through, which is why solicitors don't like to comment until the alleged facts of the case come through then you know what you are fighting against.

I can only go on what happened in our case, but a couple of weeks before my husband was due to go to crown court for a second time to give his plea, our sol drafted a defence statement which briefly outlined why my husband denied the charges and the motives for the accuser to lie. At the end of the statement he requested a number of things be disclosed to us such as the liar's medical records, her facebook communication with her friend etc I think there were about a dozen items on the list.

Keep posting and stick around, then after 10 days you will be a full member and will be able to private message people, I would be happy to go into more detail by pm.
            The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Hi

I am presuming that the court appearance next week is magistrates, after that it will be passed on to crown court as it is considered too serious a charge to be heard at magistrates . It is only after you have been to court that the paper work will start to come through, which is why solicitors don't like to comment until the alleged facts of the case come through then you know what you are fighting against.

I can only go on what happened in our case, but a couple of weeks before my husband was due to go to crown court for a second time to give his plea, our sol drafted a defence statement which briefly outlined why my husband denied the charges and the motives for the accuser to lie. At the end of the statement he requested a number of things be disclosed to us such as the liar's medical records, her facebook communication with her friend etc I think there were about a dozen items on the list.

Keep posting and stick around, then after 10 days you will be a full member and will be able to private message people, I would be happy to go into more detail by pm.
              Yes the appearance next week is magistrates, right okay then, so no matter what happens at the appearance the case will go to the crown court? if my solicitor requests the items will i be shown them by him or would I not be able to see them? I seriously have no clue as what to expect or what to do, i have recently lost my job and don't know whether I should start applying for another job or wait till all this has passed.

how many times is it likely to go to court as my father and my fiancée are my witnesses? my father is disabled so is very irregular with his attention and temperament. Also, my fiancée lives 100 miles away from me and it is hard for her to travel as she can't drive and she works part time, so can't keep up with the expense of train travel. They are very supportive of me and are with me through everything which I am truly thankful for.

I will be sticking around, I want to be here toe help people like people are helping me through this, I am also looking at going to university to study law (don't know if that's a good idea yet either) I want to be able to make people and the police see that there are people who abuse the Sexual Offences Act with False allegations. my life and everyone who I am with has been turned upside down because of all this.

another questions: I have not been told that I can't leave town by the police, am I still allowed to? or would it be best to stay in the county?

Comment

Leave town? Or country? Sorry...pesky new glasses, can't see a dammed thing!!! Ignore

Comment

Ya it will go to crown the magistrates can not deal with it, have the police put on ur bail that you can not leave town? I had more counts against me and could go were I wanted just not constant fa

Comment

I was charged with more than him and they did not take my passport

Comment

Originally posted by o my god View Post
                      Ya it will go to crown the magistrates can not deal with it, have the police put on ur bail that you can not leave town? I had more counts against me and could go were I wanted just not constant fa
                      N there is nothing on my bail that i cant leave town, I dont have a passport so i wouldnt leave the country lol I have never been abroad and not really interested in that

Comment

Hi the appearance at magistrates is very brief one of our members was in and out within 90 seconds recently !

The first crown court appearance is also generally brief unless there is discussion regarding bail conditions ie if you have a curfew or address you need to sleep at every night, also instructions not to contact either of the accusers etc.

Was looking to see if there was a sticky that could explain it better than me but can't find one.

No witnesses are required until you actually reach trial.

I don't know why these cases actually go to magistrates when it is obvious they will be passed on. Maybe someone could explain, it seems like a dreadful waste of time and money to me !
                        The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Hi the appearance at magistrates is very brief one of our members was in and out within 90 seconds recently !

The first crown court appearance is also generally brief unless there is discussion regarding bail conditions ie if you have a curfew or address you need to sleep at every night, also instructions not to contact either of the accusers etc.

Was looking to see if there was a sticky that could explain it better than me but can't find one.

No witnesses are required until you actually reach trial.

I don't know why these cases actually go to magistrates when it is obvious they will be passed on. Maybe someone could explain, it seems like a dreadful waste of time and money to me !
                          Does the length of the appearance also depend on the amount of other appointments the judge has?
                          I was told that the first crown court hearing would be where I pass my not guilty plea, i'm really confused and worried as to what's going on as i may have previously mentioned I have never been in trouble with the law.

Comment

If its not on ur bail cons then you can go were you want, it prob says do not contant fas directly or indirectly. If you live in the same area as ur fas I would suggest not going anywhere were you may see them if you have to make sure someone is with you, there would be nothing more the police would like then you to breach your bail cons. If you are in unsure if you can leave town ask your Sol,

Comment

At my husband's first crown court appearance there was discussion regarding what his plea was going to be also discussion about possible dates for trial, but he wasn't required to make his plea and state Not Guilty. At that stage we still hadn't had any of the paper work through outlining the prosecution case !

St Augustine

Comment

So it goes to Magistrates Court, then Crown Court, then Trial? If charged???

Comment

Working...
                                X