Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 x recent 1 historical rape

Evening all
    2 months ago I got arrested for rape went to the police station and got questioned and awsered no comment as advised by my solicitor cut a long story short she's a a n e nurse and I use to work for a private ambulance service we were together about 8 months then she asked me to leave and I did so as it was her property end of that one when I got arrested the police explained to me what had been said by my ex explaining she has made a rape claim and that I had forced myself upon her and while have intercourse I strangled her there is no evidence or photos of any marks and so on police then said that she had not told any one of what had happened but a friend who knows myself and my ex told me in Jan.feb time that my ex was trying to stich me up I am trying to do everything in my power to prove my innocents I have facebook chat log of the convos between us and they are all lovey and so on my ex can not recall a day or evening when this incident took place only a month.

ok next one
    Two weeks after been put on bail for the one above I got a call from another police force asking me to come down and do a voluntary statement because my ex partner in 2012 had accused me of rape now with this one i chatted to the police instead of doing a no comment and basicly she can't remember a date she gave the police a period of 3 months she had tried before to get me done for abh and gbh and that was turned down by cps bail dropped.

So basicly I am in a real rut at the moment obviously I would like all this to go away and do one but at the same time how hard is it to prove some one is lying and taking them to court .what is the likely hood of this going any further neither of my ex have evidence no 3rd party and so on and they are both friends on Facebook but do not know each other

Hi and welcome to the forum,

If you have a chance to look at other member's threads on the forum you will find that rape allegations from aggrieved ex's are not unusual and mostly after a (long!) period of investigation by the police they are not proceeded with.

However two allegations from separate ex's are going to be taken a little more seriously, lightening striking twice sort of thing, so it would be as well to do a bit of research just in case it goes any further, while things are fresh in your mind.

It seems likely that the second allegation was prompted by the first; you mentioned Facebook, so you need to have a look (if not blocked!) to see if ex #1 has posted about making the allegation against you which may have then been picked up by ex #2. Or did the police trawl for previous relationships after the no-comment interview??

Two links which may be useful: (you didn't say, but hopefully you also had a solicitor present for the second interview)

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks for the reply yeah had solicitors at both its just such turmoil I'm not sleeping not eating and arguing all the time and not feeling good with in my self just need all this to be gone so I can move on has any one had a good outcome on proving p.c.j and defamation just getting so nervous as bail is coming up quick

Comment

Hi guys well went back to police station today and was re bailed for another two months bit confused because I presume they are doing this to make a decision on what to do or trying to fine evidence when they have none would this be the case for bail to be extended cheers

Comment

Hi.

It is likely that re bail will be the course of action a few times until they want to charge you or NFA you. Just have to keep gathering any evidence that supports what you say. Write down anything and everything no matter how insignificant you may think it is. Has she ever they ever had social services involved? have they made any FA's before that you may be aware of??

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ghost....B

Comment

Hi

The police are never in any hurry , there are no time limits on how long someone can be on bail and they take full advantage. Having said that the average seems to be between 4 -6 months though many people have to wait a lot longer for a decision. There is no concern for the turmoil this causes the accused. I remember being dumbstruck that the investigating officer was going on her jollies for two weeks annual leave and that our case was therefore just waiting until she came back. Annual leave, training days and other cases the officer maybe working on all mean the accused has to wait longer for the outcome of the investigation.

It is just a waiting game, gather all the evidence you can to disprove the allegations but be very careful what you share with the police as they may share it with the accuser and allow her to change her story to fit. Always consult with a solicitor regarding what you should pass on.

In the meantime try and look after yourself and don't lose faith
            The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

I would not recommend attempting to pursue PCJ or defamation, they are almost impossibly high hurdles to climb with the only true realistic achievement of success being if your exs were to actually state they were lying.

Two claims and from different individuals means that there will most likely be a longer period of re-bails as the Police and CPS work through their motions of tying them together as far as evidence is concerned. Evidence does not need to be in the form of 'physical' evidence (marks, DNA etc) but can be taken in the form of the statements provided by your accusers.

Those statements can be enough 'evidence' for the CPS to put the case in front of a jury and argue guilt.

It is for your defence team to argue the opposite is true.

It is then for the jury to decide which side they believe.

It is absolutely terrifying and horrific that it really is that easy to be sent to jail. It is in your absolute best interests to begin the process of collecting 'screen dumps' of the convo's with your ex (printscreen) and to save them in an easily understood format, write them to diskS or send to memory stickS (plural, more than one source in case of corruption/loss) and then store them somewhere where you can get them but the Police/CPS can't. Share the information with only your legal team.

If you had 'different' legal representation at the interviews then please be aware that it will be most likely that both complaints will be put 'together' and heard at the same time (they could corroborate each other) so this would mean one legal team conducting your defense. Pick them wisely, there is a sticky on here if you have doubts about the competence of your present legal advisors.

Your legal team can be the difference between jail and freedom. Do not skimp on them. Take your time to make the best decisions that you can!

If you have questions about who to use then forum members are only too happy to advise.

Do not breach the conditions of your bail. Stick religiously to all the terms. Plod likes nothing more than to add in a 'breach of bail' and they can be sneaky about it.

Do not attempt to contact either of your exs.

You may feel that there is an uphill battle ahead. There could well be but in the meantime, while you are waiting, gather whatever information you can and save it in case you need it later on.

Also, do not neglect yourself. Ensure that you take 'time out' to attempt to relax the thought processes a little. Even taking a walk in the countryside to simply spend the time focusing on the simplest little detail is time well spent and you get the added benefit of fresh air and exercise.

You'll be experiencing a tough time and it'll most likely go on for a few months yet before any information begins to filter through. In the meantime you'll be left with speculation and questioning, try not to assume too much as when the actual information presents itself it is normally completely different to what you assume it will be.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you found the place. I'm also glad that you had legal representation at your interviews. You're on a good footing at the moment, keep building on it and hopefully in the not too distant future it'll all be over and you'll pick up the pieces and get on with life.
              Last edited by lawlessone2009; 4 August 2014, 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
              Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Hi guys

It's been a while since my last update I got retailed to the 30th of this month at 7 pm I managed to keep copies of my convos via fb and printed them off and sent to my sol my sol then decided to send the off to cps :/ I have not heard anything as of yet and I am starting to get a bit worried I am hoping that it will be resolved on the 30th with a nfa but I must say the last few months have been he'll I lost a baby with my partner and that was the hardest point cause bail says I can't attend the hospital as my ex who accused me is a nurse but spoke to oic and he said for me to attend the hospital and didn't have any worry about me attending his words were I no your not stupid so just stay clear of where your ex works but it has been stressful I've not been sleeping eating and had other thoughts been a bit of a dark place.

Comment

Originally posted by rcecos View Post
                  It's been a while since my last update I got retailed to the 30th of this month at 7 pm I managed to keep copies of my convos via fb and printed them off and sent to my sol my sol then decided to send the off to cps :/ I have not heard anything as of yet and I am starting to get a bit worried I am hoping that it will be resolved on the 30th with a nfa but I must say the last few months have been he'll I lost a baby with my partner and that was the hardest point cause bail says I can't attend the hospital as my ex who accused me is a nurse but spoke to oic and he said for me to attend the hospital and didn't have any worry about me attending his words were I no your not stupid so just stay clear of where your ex works but it has been stressful I've not been sleeping eating and had other thoughts been a bit of a dark place.
                  My partner and I lost our baby not long after my ordeal came to an end.

It was a kind of planned and rushed pregnancy as there appeared to be a pretty even chance I was off to jail and for a long period. You don't want to believe these things but the threat was there and she didn't want to wait around for babies and stuff. She lost the baby at 15 weeks and 3 days, she had to actually deliver the baby which was absolutely horrendous for both of us but more so her.

We had a funeral, which was more for my partners benefit than mine. I found it all a little freaky.

Just now will be such a bad time for you both. I am impressed with your OIC, that's quite a leap of humanity there and a little unusual.

You're going to need to take time with your partner to grieve. You may not feel even near being able to grieve but you cannot store it up as you have enough on your plate. I missed everything, didn't understand anything, didn't value it... The fall-out at a later point was huge and far more difficult to move on from. Taking everything as it comes and dealing with it in the present is something that you're going to need to focus on. I know it's easy to focus simply on the accusations but I encourage you to attempt to try and focus on everything else too if only to distract you from the hell that the accusations bring on their own.

I'm making a lot of assumptions, hope I'm not wide of the mark. If I am please take my apologies in advance.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

This is a lovely reply LL1
                    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

How did your bail go?

Hope you are ok?

Comment

Working...
                      X