Polygraph results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph results

Hub had his polygraph carried out today by the country's leading expert.
    No deception indicated, possibility of deception less than 0.04%.

Questions

Did you ever knowingly or intentionally touch the claimant's breasts? No

Have you ever derived any sexual pleasure from contact with the claimant? No

Did your legal team force you to plead guilty in court? Yes

It took several hours to go through everything and hub was particularly worried about q2 because that is how much the first legal team messed with his head. He passed with flying colours.

Obviously there were other questions designed to give control readings. It isn't admissible in court without a therapists report. We will use it to back up our complaint to the law society.

It's not bananas but it sure as hell feels good.

That's good. Such a shame it can't be used at appeal though......

Here, have a flower
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF, a flower is much appreciated!

Maybe one day ..

Still it has helped me. Although I never thought he had harassed or assaulted her, I always wondered if there was something more going on than friendly banter. It has helped hub as he said he felt guilty even though he knew he wasn't, such is the strength of the stigma attached to these kinds of charges.

It has been successfully used for a royal pardon on a murder case but only as a back up to a therapist's report and assessment. I have seen the newspaper report of the case and i'm hoping to get further details.

Comment

I'm sure you both feel much better after this. What a shame these tests aren't available early on in a inquiry. It could save so much time, heart-ache and money, including TAX-PAYERS MONEY (I write this in bold because it seems that that's all that counts these days).

Anyway... well done for supporting hub through all this, you've been brilliant.

Have one of these .....

Comment

Thanks WGO

Kind words although I still feel that I let him down a bit at court and should have been stronger.

Anyway, life does actually carry on and my rage is ebbing a bit

Comment

The ones closest to you often feel they did not do there best in court.
            My former wife punished herself for weeks after the trail saying she felt she could have done more even
            though I was found not guilty somehow she felt she didn't do her bit (which she did).

The fact your here and still fighting proves you did all you could and still are. x

Comment

Excellent news ITJ.

It's easy to question things when you're outside of the situation. It's even easier to think all those around you are questioning things.

The poly has merely shown what you both already knew to be the truth.

Here's hoping that the next steps are taken and you guys get a result.
              Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
                Thanks WGO

Kind words although I still feel that I let him down a bit at court and should have been stronger.

Anyway, life does actually carry on and my rage is ebbing a bit
                I don't think you should blame yourself, perhaps he should have listened to you a bit more ... particularly on the choice of legal team. But what's done is done and as L1 says:
                Great news, and now that what you both knew all along has been confirmed you can only go forward.

Comment

Thanks you guys, being on here is good for the soul.

Spoke to our lovely second barrister re the polygraph. He thinks the government is putting themselves in a difficult situation using it on convicted sex offenders. Knowing our luck they will just ditch it rather than accept challenges.

We are pursuing a few avenues slowly. One is regarding hub's mental health. He has battled with depression for fifteen years or so including a few suicide attempts, two in particular were nearly successful.

He will be discussing poly with his probation officer before lobbying. He still just wants a quiet life as much as possible. We are opposites I suppose.

We are now pursuing the first legal team and have had some good pointers on trying to recoup some of our costs.

Comment

Today hub saw his probation officer for the first time since the polygraph and of course he took it with him. She read it thoroughly and fully accepted its results. She said it had to be accepted as they now used them. She also read the letter hub had sent to the first Judge, with statements and copy of polygraph and said it was an excellent letter and that hub's previous breakdown and extreme suicide attempts ( before I met him following the break up of his first marriage) made him vulnerable to the pressure on the day of trial.

She has to refer to her manager as this is the first time this situation has arisen but she is of the view that they will be contacting the first Judge who offered hub the chance to vacate the plea, then contacting the plod who visited post SOR and would not be sending hub on any courses.

She is also of the view that the plod at the time should have investigated better by interviewing me, my son and other employees, especially the one who told them she knew nothing about it and thought it was nonsense. She asked hub if he thought it was worth contacting the investigating officers to discuss their handling of the case , that made him laugh.

She is also of the view that polygraphs are fully tested in our area and accepted and believes that one day they may become admissible. One of the problems is that a man/woman cannot be forced to incriminate himself or something, magna carta?

Anyway, it's interesting and good to have someone on side. I think she was anyway but the polygraph helps confirm it.

Comment

Are they using polyps in england yet?

Comment

They are using them on convicted sex offenders, there is a link to an article somewhere on here.

If they rely on them for that then they can't really dismiss them if someone like hub has one done but there is no established protocol or legal precedent.

Comment

Well done both of you and so pleased that you seem to have someone who has enough brains and common sense who is recognising what a load of rubbish it all has been.

You have shown such tremendous strength throughout this ordeal. You are truly turning a well deserved corner.

Comment

Maybe they should use polygraphs on the fas aswell then and start charging them!!!!:confusedl

Comment

Originally posted by is there justice? View Post
                              Today hub saw his probation officer for the first time since the polygraph and of course he took it with him. She read it thoroughly and fully accepted its results. She said it had to be accepted as they now used them. She also read the letter hub had sent to the first Judge, with statements and copy of polygraph and said it was an excellent letter and that hub's previous breakdown and extreme suicide attempts ( before I met him following the break up of his first marriage) made him vulnerable to the pressure on the day of trial.

She has to refer to her manager as this is the first time this situation has arisen but she is of the view that they will be contacting the first Judge who offered hub the chance to vacate the plea, then contacting the plod who visited post SOR and would not be sending hub on any courses.

She is also of the view that the plod at the time should have investigated better by interviewing me, my son and other employees, especially the one who told them she knew nothing about it and thought it was nonsense. She asked hub if he thought it was worth contacting the investigating officers to discuss their handling of the case , that made him laugh.

She is also of the view that polygraphs are fully tested in our area and accepted and believes that one day they may become admissible. One of the problems is that a man/woman cannot be forced to incriminate himself or something, magna carta?

Anyway, it's interesting and good to have someone on side. I think she was anyway but the polygraph helps confirm it.

Fantastic stuff! Maybe this will be the first case where an appeal succeeds in England using a evidence relating to polygraph testing, with the backing of probation. Most probation officers believe the allegations - you have a good one there. Ask her if she will assist with an appeal against conviction. I doubt the actual polygraph test would be admissible but there may be a way around it......yeayyyyy!
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                              X