Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with falsely accused of rape (historical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with falsely accused of rape (historical)

Hi everyone,
    8 years ago I was arrested for a rape allegation from my former partners eldest daughter.
    She said when she was 11 years old I touched her in a very inappropriate way and reported it to her mother 6 years later, long after I had left.
    She had 2 daughters who I adored and loved with all my heart, when we separated it was heartbreaking but I wanted the girls to know I was still
    There dad and would still want to see them, and I did at least once a fortnight.

I met someone new, married and had a daughter of 1 year old. And was still seeing the girls even though my new wife did not understand why, as they
    Were not biologically mine but they were my girls none the less, I raised them from the ages of 1 and 4 and was with their mother for 7 years.

As time went on I cut back on the visits as being pressurised from my new wife to focus on our daughter.
    It turns out the accusation came the day my daughter was born, and the girls were supposed to be coming to the hospital to see her but never arrived.

Needless to say I was arrested and questioned, a year later it went to court and it took the jury all of 25 mins to find me not guilty.
    None of the allegations she made happened, I was absolutely devastated 8 years later I still find it hard to talk about and still cannot for the life of me understand
    why she did this. Numb would be the only way I can describe it now, but a few years ago I would not have even been able to type this out.

The point I am getting too is that even though found not guilty, I applied for a job that required a eCRB and to my absolute horror all the details of the case including there own
    input was attached to it, needless to say I did not get the job and was told I could appeal the information on the eCRB which I did but it was pointless they refused to remove it.
    It states in no specific terms I should not be permitted to work with children, indirectly I do as I go into schools to fix equipment so they have in affect made me unemployable.

There was as far as I am aware no recommendations from the court and the information on the eCRB was the proceedings of the case but put in such a way as make it impossible for
    me to work for any company that requires a eCRB check which is my entire career gone.

Is there anything else I can do?

There used to be a forum for ECRB/CRB and DBS problems but having just searched for it, it appears to have been closed down.

It might be worth your while contacting your MP and asking him or her to write to the Chief Constable in your area - but don't hold out too much hope. Anything is worth a try though of course.

I was so pleased to read that the jury came back in under half an hour with the not guilty verdicts. Another member on here had the same experience with the jury come back in around the same time - although it is rare!!

Welcome to the forum by the way
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

I have asked my local MP but the situation is as this happend near Manchester where I no longer live there is nothing he can do.
      I have wrote to them on several occasions but the response is always no we wont remove it.

The strange thing is about 5 years ago some guy came to see me at work regarding the eCRB and asked me loads of questions.
      I knew what he was leading up too and when I told him the full story he said from what I had told him they would omit the information from the eCRB.
      As it would have most probably have lost me my job.

I think it very unfair I should be still classed as guilty through a eCRB even though found not guilty and found not guilty for a reason, it did not happen!!!!
      They saw right through her lies in fact she stormed off after 2 minutes of questioning and never returned.

But the full details of what the CPS had listed for the court case now appear on my eCRB making it impossible to get a job working in industry with a class
      rated as vunerable.

Comment

I am rather surprised that the MP can't help. I believe that another member's MP wrote to the police outside of their area to make enquiries as to how their case was progressing.

I've just done a quick search for sols that might assist in the Manchester area and found this

http://www.cmsolicitors.co.uk/news/c...ort-overturned

Ring them and ask if they will give you advice over the phone. Failing that if you can afford to pay for advice it might be worth a go. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for that info I have contacted them via email.
          I have also re written to my local MP again as it was some time ago when I pursued this.

It has been an up hill battle all the way and they seem very reluctant to change anything, so not guilty does not mean that to them.
          And it seems to be even more rife these days, I can only hope with all the current news someone looks into it deeper.

I fear for anyone this happens too as the affects will last a lifetime.

Comment

Let us know how you get on. Your experience might help others in the same situation.

Comment

Indigo

Sorry to read this. There is a lot of opposition to the UK's stance on such action in Europe and to the SOR for lesser crimes. It is worth reading the ECHR because this violates your rights. Groups like Liberty may be able to give advice, I'm not sure. I'm on a learning curve with all this myself and only starting to look for ways to fight the system. Money will probably be a limiting factor for us.

If you uncover anything useful or positive, please share.

Comment

I will indeed, I have been fighting this for the last 6 years after loosing out on what would have been my dream job.
                The worst of it is they seem to be able to put there own opinion on the case, they made it sound like even though
                found not guilty they believed in some way I was.

I was furious and in total shock when I saw it, but by then it was too late.

Comment

I think sadly that the general publics' default is 'they got away with it' and even more so with those in the system.

Eventually there will be so many people affected that things will have to change but probably not in my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                  X