Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

I have a friend who was with I can only say a phsyco when he finished this relationship she then decided to get nasty he was married and she was the mistress
    anyway cut a long story short 16 months ago she accused him of raping her he got out on bail usual scenario but she stalked him and when he was near her unknown to him she called police saying he was near her case was supposed to be june but got put back to august she has been so devious and evil that he cannot taje anymore he cannot get on with his life is very low etc etc she sent him messages threateni g him this just got thrown out of court so he has had enough now and choosing to plead guilty saying if he goes to jail at least he cant be accused of anytging and once he gets out can get on with his life again :-(
    I have tried and tried to persude him not to but he is adamant to do tgis if not im sure he wld end up killing himself I know he is100% genuine and is accused wrongly everyone knows this woman and that she is a total nutter what can he do lawyers saying he has a good case but this is getting to him and feels its the only way out
    heeelllpppppp lol

Hi Donna

Hopefully this will be moved to its own thread.

The shock of false allegations is so traumatic that I understand how your friend just wants it to be over. My hub, on much lesser charges felt the same, mainly because of an inept legal team and being close to a breakdown anyway.

The reality is that pleading guilty is not an easy way out. He will be jailed for several years and then face either life or a number of years on the sex offenders register.

He needs an excellent legal team, good support and the resolve to find evidence to back up his version of the relationship. Taxes, emails, messages, witnesses etc etc can all be gathered. The GP can probably help your friend and get him better mental health.

He needs friends like you who believe in him like never before.

Comment

Hi Donna,

I've moved your post into a separate thread so that any advice you get will not be confused with the OP.

To add to ITJ's excellent advice, pleading guilty will almost certainly preclude any chance of appealing against conviction in the future should new evidence come to light.
      Last edited by Casehardened; 12 July 2014, 06:47 PM.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I completely concur. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOUR FRIEND PLEAD GUILTY! Once this is done it is IMPOSSIBLE to retract and has far reaching and horrendous consequences.
        he needs to keep the texts and any other communication she has been making with him, search and screenshot social media posts etc - somewhere electronic that plod can't get if they take his electrical equipment etc.
        I would also suggest that you encourage him to join this forum to get direct help and support and if he hasn't already done so, to seek help from his GP. Keep posting and we'll help all we can
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I agree with the others who have commented. If he pleads guilty to something he did not do then he will be a self confessed rapist which means no chance of appeal and being on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

From what I understand the trial should have been in June but has been put back to August - have I got that right? If I have, how is he coping with trial sols and barrister? Does he have confidence in them?

Please do post again so we can try to help you.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
          X