Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proving innocence

Hi how do you possibly prove the truth though from so long ago. It just seems unbelievable
    To defend yourself against something that never happened Life seems so desolate
    And don't understand where this would come from...

Comment

Originally posted by Staystrong1 View Post
      Hi how do you possibly prove the truth though from so long ago. It just seems unbelievable
      To defend yourself against something that never happened Life seems so desolate
      And don't understand where this would come from...
      IF this goes to a trial it will depend on the strength of the prosecution argument and the strength of your defence's argument and who the jury believe "beyond reasonable doubt."
      Life as someone who has been FA'd is very difficult and desolate as you say - it is a long and emotional journey but there is a lot of support advice and help here. We're all going through or are going through the same so can empathise with you.
      As for not understanding "where this would come from" there are many motives - spite, revenge, child custody and not to mention hefty compensation. you may never know why this has happened, and it may help you to try not to think about motives for a while and concentrate on writing down as much as you can about that period in time. keep strong....MH
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Desolate

Hi thanks for your response. I just don't understand it. 20years on someone comes and says you've done something and they never did. It's just unreal. We just want to disprove but feel so
        Desperate to disprove the lies and thanks for ay help at this time. Never been involved with police. Before just desperate for any advice and help with solicitors All,help welcomed to prove the truth x

Comment

Hi Staystrong1

I unlike the other people giving you advice am pretty new here but the help and advice given to be in the last 24 hours is given me hope. I have been through the whole saga and was found guilty yesterday these were false accusations and I will be appealing.

My advice for what its worth is about the Police, I had until recently had very little to do with the police except for the odd speeding offence. When first interviewed I thought I was dealing with "ordinary" DC's but they are not, these are specially trained people who if there are like the officer dealing with my case come over as being your best friend and they are only there to clear this sorry mess up and get to the truth.

Sadly my impression is that the Police think you are guilty even before they have asked you your name they have had the full false accusation from the accuser and will do little to prove them wrong even to the point of not following up the accusations with other people that might contradict the accusers story. This kind of work is easy work for the police they are not out chasing baddies solving real crime. The officer in my case spent 8 days sitting on her backside in court is that proper police work?
          Write everything down keep a diary, sadly advice I did not follow and regret it. As others have said this takes a long time and you will get frustrated and angry and cry but keep telling the truth and play there mind games but if you stay strong you will get through it.
          Best of luck

Comment

Advice needed

Thanks for your reply, I agree that they certainly don't seem to prove or disprove the emphasis seems totally on proving. I'm sorry to hear about your situation and wish you luck with any appeal

Comment

Help

Hi feeling very lost and alone, seeing solicitor next week and hope for guidance to get through this hell
              . just wonder how you can move forward to prove innocence. Go from hope to despair constantly. Just need to,post this to vent a little despair

Comment

Staystrong

I don't have experience of your circumstances but do know what it's like to be involved with FAs.

Try not to let the worst scenario run on in your mind all the time. Nearly impossible I know.

Trying to establish a motive would help and anything that shows they had a good relationship. This is often not easy as I know my daughter resented my hub for a few years although now she has grown up they get on well.

It's ok to vent and it's healthy. There have been many not guiltys on here so don't give up hope. X

Comment

Originally posted by Staystrong1 View Post
                  Hi feeling very lost and alone, seeing solicitor next week and hope for guidance to get through this hell
                  . just wonder how you can move forward to prove innocence. Go from hope to despair constantly. Just need to,post this to vent a little despair
                  Hi Staystrong1 - sadly what you are feeling - the constant swings from knowing it's all rubbish and will go nowhere - to the depths of despair where a jury finds you guilty - is very common and I think I can say there's not a member here who hasn't experienced this, and it's exhausting. have you confided in your GP? Many of us have found them to be very supportive and understanding. It is important to remember that these feelings and swings of emotions do gradually begin to diminish.

Have you yet seen the paperwork and the details of the charges? If so, horrible though it will be, your husband needs to read all this in tiny detail and make notes on times and places mentioned and then try to remember what he was doing and where he was at those times - and if there is documentary proof - receipts, photos, ticket stubs etc and cross reference. This needs to be stored somewhere safe. When he finds these he must not give them to the police - but to his solicitor.
                  Please keep posting on here and asking us for help and support and we'll help you all we can......MH
                  Last edited by myhome; 14 July 2014, 07:01 PM.
                  "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks. But so alone

Written summons and have to attend magistrates court soon for charge so alone
                    our lives are shattered. What to do and where to go for help is so hard
                    Go from fight to how to cope just struggling every day but knowing it's all false allegations
                    It's a massive task but have to win and prove innocence.

Comment

I hope you have your boxing gloves on hon. You will need them. Hopefully the sol and barrister you have inspire you with confidence.

Redscouse who posted on this thread a week ago is now in prison. I am hoping to get the balance of his paperwork to help with his appeal, soon.

It shows a generosity of spirit that he came he and posted knowing that he was going to prison the next day.

If you need any one-to-one let me know and I will add you to my PM list. I've been working in FAs since late 2002. A friend of mine was put into prison by his daughter in 2000 and fortunately for him came out on appeal in 2001. The police hid 53 pieces of evidence claiming he had never handed it to them. That is what made me determined to help where I can.

Keep posting and sharing!

Take care hon
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        I hope you have your boxing gloves on hon. You will need them. Hopefully the sol and barrister you have inspire you with confidence.

Redscouse who posted on this thread a week ago is now in prison. I am hoping to get the balance of his paperwork to help with his appeal, soon.

It shows a generosity of spirit that he came he and posted knowing that he was going to prison the next day.

If you need any one-to-one let me know and I will add you to my PM list. I've been working in FAs since late 2002. A friend of mine was put into prison by his daughter in 2000 and fortunately for him came out on appeal in 2001. The police hid 53 pieces of evidence claiming he had never handed it to them. That is what made me determined to help where I can.

Keep posting and sharing!

Take care hon
                        Would love any advice from you as we are both desperate to prove this is totally false.
                        This forum is a lifeline

Thank you so much

Comment

I've sent you a PM hon. Please continue to post on here. Some of your general questions can be answered by people who have already been where you are.
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you

All help appreciated. Life's just so bad and want to fight and get through this false allegation
                            It's so hard Any advice to disprove is welcome. To prove something 20 years ago that never happened how do you. This forum though and members give me hope to fight this case and just want the best advice to disprove, we never dreamt in a million years we would be here.

Comment

Hi SS1,

just wondering how you are both doing?

Have you managed to engage a solicitor?

Hoping that you are gaining strength and that you have started to receive further info relating to the complaint.

You may well now be finding 'holes' in the allegation and compiling the defence?

Best Wishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X