Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another success for Gerry McD at EBR Attridge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another success for Gerry McD at EBR Attridge!!

I have just heard today that 9 not guilty verdicts were returned about 20 minutes ago! Not sure which member it relates to but apparently he is a member on here but hasn't posted in a while.

Gerry McD rocks!!
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    I have just heard today that 9 not guilty verdicts were returned about 20 minutes ago! Not sure which member it relates to but apparently he is a member on here but hasn't posted in a while.

Gerry McD rocks!!
    Well done to all who helped make a right for this member!!!

Comment

Great to hear - brilliant news, I hope the person involved can continue and enjoy life now :-) I keep hearing good things about Gerry at EBR.

Comment

Brilliant news!

Well done to that team too

Comment

Excellent news - hope he comes on to let us know.....
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Well done the team
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Brilliant news - I spoke to him when we were trying to select a sol. He seemed a great person and has a great reputation.

Nice voice as well.

Comment

Just been updated on this and the person found NG is not a member on here but is a friend of another member (Verity)
                who helped him leading up to trial.
                Well done to all involved and hope P now has a happy and stress free life

Comment

4 Verity
                  4 Gerry
                  4 P

Comment

Gerry Mcdonald EBR Attridge-highly recommended

6 months ago, following my son being falsely accused of rape and sexual assault and remmanded into custody. In desperation, I found myself searching the internet in the early hours of the morning (another sleepless night) seeing if there was any support out there for falsely accused men and/or their family members and came across this site. I am so glad I did.

At the time I had concerns about the duty solicitor provided at the police station and was wondering how to go about getting the best legal advice possible. I noticed Gerry Mcdonald of EBR Attridge, was recommended, on this site, and had offices in Tottenham and Essex. I rang and spoke to his assistant (Sanah) expecting to be given an appointment to come and see somone in due course. Sanah was very helpful and told me Gerry would ring back, which he did a short while later. Suffice to say Gerry and Sanah inspired more confidence and did more in those first phone calls than the duty solicitor had done in 2 weeks. We changed solictors to Gerry and this was the best decison we made. Last week, my son was found not guilty of the charges made. Our Barrister (provided by Gerry) Orla was fantastic, in putting the defence case on behalf of my son.

I recall saying to Sanah, during our first conversations, that she and Gerry were, at the time, the first chinks of light in a very dark place; as time went on those chinks of light spread. Thank-you Gerry, Sanah and Orla, you are all fantatstic.

J&J

Comment

So it's your son who got the three not guilty verdicts! Utterly FAB!!!!!
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank-you

I guess so, unless there was another similar case of Gerry's that concluded this week. Fantastic to hear those two words 'not guilty', at the end of a difficultand stressful journey. I would like to pass on our sincere thanks and gratitude to yourself and those, on this site, who signposted us in those first few weeks and pointed us towards Gerry- Huge thanks to Team Gerry.

I would like to say though, how this experience has altered my opinion of (some) of our gender and also of the police and CPS. My faith in the ethos upon which our justice system is said to be based upon ie 'Innocent untill proven guilty' has also been severely shaken. I have some legal/advocacy training and have worked within the (Youth) crimminal Justice system, but none of this prepared me adequately for this nightmare.

Early on in this journey, I also became acutely aware of the huge dispartity between the belief and anonymity affforded to the alleged victim and the person who has been accused. This kind of accusation can ruin lives. There are many sites and much publicity given over to victims of rape, but very little support or publicity afforded to those wrongly accused (I think this was the only helpful site I found?). Keep up the good work. If there is anything I can do to help, I am happy to do so.

Thank-you. J

Comment

Congratulations to you and your son. He and his team are an incredible source of support and encouragement to keep fighting I don't know where we would be without him and sanah at the moment. I feel they are heaven sent.

Comment

Thank-you for your response. I really don't know how we would have managed or where we would be now, without team Gerry (Gerry, Sanah and Orla), who were not just highly professional and dedicated to fighting our corner but were also very supportive. J

Comment

Working...
                            X