No announcement yet.

Struggling emotionally.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What great news for you Steve and, as you say, you can now move on, sadder & wiser for this experience.

A symbolic banana....
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

really pleased for you Steve - enjoy rebuilding the rest of your life.....
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Please for the love of god make sure you do what Rights fighter has asked.
        Make sure they enter it as a No Crime verdict, I keep harping on about eCRB forms an anything other than a No Crime will show up on it.
        They will of course put there own spin on it also and have no regard for your character or career.

I am so very pleased the ordeal is over and you can now start to heal, but just cover that last bit and don't live to regret not doing it later.
        I have been in the exact situation as yourself on the back of a rape trial the last thing I needed was my ex wife to turn on me.

Could write a book seriously, but I survived it all, and I am sure you will too.

Best of luck Steve

Comment

Excellent news Steve!

When this humid weather clears, you'll be sleeping like a log.

Your ex should be prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
            Wrong. I have visited too many people in prison protesting their innocence where they have been convicted on the word of the complainant alone. The judge in summing up such cases will say along the lines of:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. You have heard the evidence. There is no more. In this case the evidence is what the complainant has told you, and what the defendant has said in his defence. It is up to you to decide who is telling the truth. Who is the more credible witness......"
            Now I am worried! What can the defendant possibly say in defence of a false accusation?
            When something wasn't done there is no "footprint" no receipt, no cctv, because it didn't happen!
            How are we supposed to defend that?

Comment

A member on here - her son was found not guilty this afternoon after nearly an hour of deliberation. If the right evidence is put and emphasis is put on stuff that is really helpful, and if the defendant behaves well in the dock and in the witness box, you have m ore of a chance. It helps that the jury "likes" the defendant.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
              X