No announcement yet.

Another child custody case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SWA - I also attended an Interview voluntarily and have been neither arrested or charged. I have been waiting 19 and half months and have had very little communication from anyone in that time. The sol who accompanied me long since stopped replying to me emails and in desperation last month visited my MP who has been very helpful.
    I have managed to keep my life going with loads of support although at times it was near impossible, but it has given a semblance of normality in a very abnormal life. It has also given me moments of escape from the horrors that are in my mind.......
    Last edited by myhome; 2 July 2014, 07:58 PM.
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

I hope you get the result you deserve. Your support on here will certainly have earned you plenty of good karma!

I'm going to give up chasing now, continue as if it hasn't happened and hope I hear nothing further. Might not be the best approach but it feels easier to deal with.

Comment

awww - thank you
        making the decision to carry on is a good one - though hard at times, but you should hear a final decision at some stage as he CPS have to close cases....

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          To reiterate the point Myhome made in post #20 you've not said whether you are on bail or not.

I'm assuming not as usually bail conditions preclude contact in any form with the accuser and so of course if you are not on bail you may well not hear anything formally if the allegation is not proceeded with (unless the OIC does so as a courtesy)
          Thank you. I was just doing a bit more research and read that the OIC is obliged to tell you what they intend to do following the interview. In my case she just said to the solicitor I'll contact you if I need to speak to him again and the solicitor has said she would only make contact if she hears anything.

Should I then consider it concluded? (For now, obviously with the knowledge that in the future that new allegations or 'evidence' could materialise, but I imagine I'll worry about that for the rest of my life)

Comment

Originally posted by Southwestaccused View Post

Should I then consider it concluded? (For now, obviously with the knowledge that in the future that new allegations or 'evidence' could materialise, but I imagine I'll worry about that for the rest of my life)
            I don't want to give a yes or no to that question; it's probably a case of 'never say never' but then you already have a realistic outlook on this!

However my personal take on a 'no bail' situation is that the OIC obviously doesn't consider you to be guilty or that there will ever be sufficient evidence to charge as if you did have any skeletons in the cupboard there is now nothing to stop you disappearing for ever to a non-extraditable country.
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I tend to agree with CH - I've not been arrested, charged or bailed and have been abroad 2 or 3 times in the last 19 months. One of these was through an airport (heart racing when I handed over my passport at check-in), and no problems at all. I guess I could have disappeared to Iceland or Nepal or wherever in this time and there's nothing in place to have prevented this and I guess the same could be said for you...
              However, I'm not counting any chickens and I would advise that neither you nor I assume that's it's over until it's in writing......

Comment

Quote from BBC news this evening

re Leon Britton - "He was interviewed under caution but was neither arrested nor charged which shows it to be the lowest level of police investigation."

Comment

Good news. I received an email this afternoon to confirm I have been NFA'd! Hard to get too excited as I'll be surprised if there's no appeal or escalation of allegations. And I'm too paranoid to be alone with any woman but I'll work on that.

However good news and some relief. Thank you so much for your support, I'll stick around and help where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Southwestaccused View Post
                    Good news. I received an email this afternoon to confirm I have been NFA'd! Hard to get too excited as I'll be surprised if there's no appeal or escalation of allegations. And I'm too paranoid to be alone with any woman but I'll work on that.
                    Just out of curiosity did the notification come from the OIC or solicitor? I guess you are not over-elated as the family court battle is still to be fought.....nevertheless here is a symbolic banana in recognition of this important victory....
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks, I've been praying for those bananas

Notification was from the solicitor who got the phone call from the OIC. He detailed the time and content of the call.

Comment

Congratulations - that's half of your battle sorted - now you can concentrate on the family court. I'm really really pleased for you -

Comment

Sorry to reserrect this thread but since I have received my nfa I am still getting the same accusation made directly to me from the accuser through email. Has anybody else experienced this and what action did you take. In the first instance I have ignored it, no doubt she will bring it up in family court as well. However since the police have decided not to proceed with it can she continue to do this?

Ironically she says in her emails not to contact her because the officer said I shouldn't even though there is now no longer and ongoing investigation though she continues to contact me. Any thoughts?

Comment

In addition to the above I have had the same FAs and more from her husband by email. Shockingly they have come from his work email! As far as those are concerned I am going to go to the company directly and look at the possibility of receiving a retraction from them or taking civil action if necessary.

Comment

Civil action is likely to result in more FAs. And it's expensive.

Pass on the emails to your solicitor and ask if he will tell the OIC to tell the accuser to desist from all this contact. Possibly she is hoping you will get so pis*ed off with it, you will answer, and then she'll make a complaint that you are harassing her.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, Southwestaccused, but this is the closest on the forum I can find to my own situation. So much so, it even inspired my username!

I am delighted for you that this has been over so quickly (in comparison to many threads I've read on here), and wish you good luck in your other battles.

Anyway, for the mods and other helpful users on here, would I be best advised to start my own thread, or would it be OK to discuss my own situation on here?

Comment

Working...
                                X