This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doli Incapax

An old doctrine called "Doli Incapax" may well apply in your circumstances right up to the age of you been 14 subject to it been pre 1998 (not sure on the exact date within the year).

Basically anything up to the age of 10 , you could not really commit a crime , according to U.K law
    from 10 - 14 you are presumed innocent unless they can prove other wise.

I myself had to go through this battle and the Judge through the whole situation out as a "abuse of process"

my case was based on false historic allegations from 1983 - 1985 , i was under the age of 14 so therefore "Doli Incapax" applied .

Below is a link to a very good 168 page ebook that fully explains Doli Incapax , the person that wrote the book , Francis Bennion , is 100 % a expert on such matters.

http://www.francisbennion.com/pdfs/f...l-2003-act.pdf

Chapter 14 in particular is a important read.

100% worth reading, if it does not make sense , re-read it a good few times , i know when i was first arrested it took me at least 10 days to be able to get out of bed and be able to think straight.....fear not it will pass.

If you are within this type of age range and pre 1998 , then DO NOT let anyone tell you Doli Incapax does not apply , trust me a fair few solicitors offices told me it would not apply , they simply did not know there eggs , but the law was on my side and thankfully Chris Saltrease and Tania Griffiths where my Solicitor and Barrister.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 17 April 2014, 08:28 PM.
Working...
X