Accused of Historic Child sex abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial Date

just got back from court and a date has been set for the "drive by, witness intimidation". 17th Dec, held over 2 days.

I was also informed that if i am charged with the "child sex abuse" allegations then they will combine both on that date.

I also have to go back on the 29th July for "court papers"?

As for the trial my barrister thinks the same as everyone else, that the drive by is pathetic.

The other matter was not discussed but was wondering how this would proceed, i take it the courts will close for Christmas on the 19th and reopen in the New Year, i also take it that the "child abuse" trial would be more than likely 5 days plus, meaning that the whole thing could last a week or two in the New Year?

I am very apprehensive and frightened to death as i feel pre judged and feel there is no hope.

The girl and the mother have lied about the drive by and i am unconvinced that the jury will believe me.

As for the drive by case itself i hope the judge reads through it and dismisses it, wishful thinking but 2014 could be the last year as a free man for several years.
    Last edited by slave1fett; 2 May 2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

You have had a traumatic 24 hours and it's understandably shaken you. All this is quite early days for you and it doesn't sound as though your initial panic has subsided.
      Try not to feel all is hopeless. You have several months to prepare now.
      Things should get a bit easier during the wait although panic will probably flare up from time to time.
      Your GP may be able to help you.
      Keep a diary of your movements if you feel it is necessary. We had to report hub's FA to our sol as she kept coming and parking near our office despite living round the corner with plenty of parking near her house. Our sol said he informed the plod and they had a word with her but as he was such a useless sh*t that might have been another lie. I feel she was trying to set Hub up for witness intimidation.
      Being charged does not mean you will be found guilty, the motto seems to be prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Sometimes hope is all you have.
      Once your shock lessens you may be able to think more clearly and some useful facts may pop into your head. Needless to say, only share them with your legal team.

Comment

variation of police bail

just had a letter through this morning, at the bottom my notice to attend the police station has been changed from 2nd June to 2nd July?

Is this a normality or is there something in it, meaning a bad thing or a good thing?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't read anything into it. They're in no rush. Probably annual leave slowing things down.

Comment

It's holiday season... OIC is probably off sunning themselves so your date has been changed.

It's formalised in a letter to keep everyone right. File it away and be sure to attend on the 2nd of July.
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
              It's holiday season... OIC is probably off sunning themselves so your date has been changed.

It's formalised in a letter to keep everyone right. File it away and be sure to attend on the 2nd of July.
              apparently they have not made a decision yet and waiting on computer/phone analysis?

Comment

Working...
              X