Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel Sick to my stomach

Hi everyone,

I never thought I would find myself on such a forum but am so thankful that I did. On Mother's Day my boyfriend was arrested and falsely accused of rape.
    An hour later his friend was also arrested...the story is utterly bizarre.

At the time he didn't take a solicitor, and I am now freaking out. Fortunately, the police at the time gave him snippets back of the FA story and it just does NOT align whatsoever. Another good thing, is that his friends story also matches his and they has absolutely no time to "consult" each other on their stories. Crazy how their two stories align and hers doesn't.

I have no one to talk to because we're hoping this gets thrown out and it can become a distance memory.

What I'm trying to find out now is anyone has any GOOD solicitors they can recommend from London that could look at his case. I feel sick to my stomach - he said his interview lasted about 30 minutes and the police didn't seem dodgy or anything but incase this doesn't get thrown out I want a real strong solicitor that can shut this case down if ever it reached courts.

Thank you everyone

Hi Tla,

Welcome to the forum, though sorry to read of the reasons that brought you here (well done for standing by your Bf!)

Regarding possible solicitors, members have posted up recommendations in this thread and you will note quite a few are based in London:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors

Do bear in mind that if he will require legal aid funding that solicitors cannot put in a claim on his behalf unless he is charged with an offence or is re-interviewed and so may not be able afford to spend a great deal of time on his case.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi and welcome though I too am sorry to see yet another new member here....you will get a lot of advice and support on here as we're all either going through it/ been through it/supporting someone who is or has been going through it.
      You are on the beginning of what can be a very long and drawn out and emotionally unstabling journey. You need to think about who you have got to support you because you will possibly find it very hard supporting your bf on your own. Many of us have found GPs very supportive; others have had counselling and support from the Community Mental Health Team.
      Things you can all do right away is to look for any posts she has made on social media sites and screenshot them; copy emails and texts etc and store all this somewhere electronically where the police can't get them if they decide to seize laptops etc. It is probably best that your bf and his friend don't try to talk to each other about this in case they are accused of colluding.
      keep posting and we'll support you all we can - keep strong
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hi Tia, I'm sorry you find yourself on here. Well done for supporting your b/f. I can personnaly recommend Gerry MacDonald, ERB Attridge, Tootenham Crt Rd branch 020 8808 0774. He is highly experienced and competent in these matters , very humane and astute. Should your b/f be charged he also takes legal aid. Since legal aid doesn't cover any work prior to a charge, you would need to sort that whether he were willing to give you preliminary advice and if there would be a cost with him.

Good luck.

Comment

thank you everyone for your replies. I will contact the recommended solicitors

Comment

Does accuser changing her statement help FA?

Hi again

Thank you everyone that pointed me in the direction of solicitors...I have now made contact with them and hope we never have to call in for their services and that my bf's case is found NFA.

Both my BF and his friend have both been FA. During both their interviews at the police station they were given snippets of what the girl had claimed.

What is surprising is, it appears the girl has omitted key information - information which supports my bf's case. i.e. she states she passed out as soon as they came home from the club at 4am, however CCTV shows her walking across the road fully coherent at 7:30am, my bf/his friend/10 other friends from that night have photos from the night showing she was up all night between 4am and 7am NOT passed out , she changed into clothes (photos show her in these clothes at 6am)

What I wanted to ask was, will the police give her the opportunity to change her story to now include this key information or is it more likely that they will take the case less seriously? If she does change her story to include this, I simply don't know how she will work those key facts into her story - after all, she claims she passes out as soon as she got back!

Any advice would be great - really trying to settle my nerves here.

Thanks

[I've added this post to your previous thread as it will make more sense for any new members who may read it. CH]
            Last edited by Casehardened; 9 April 2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tla View Post
              What I wanted to ask was, will the police give her the opportunity to change her story to now include this key information or is it more likely that they will take the case less seriously?
              If your BF & his friend drew the police's attention to the discrepancies in her story together with the proof of the photo's then yes, the police will re-interview her as a result of this new evidence coming to light. This is standard procedure and doesn't imply that they believe one party over another though obviously no-one knows how the girl will respond to this and how she might explain the discrepancies.

Her answers will probably determine what happens to the investigation; at the very least it highlights that she is an unreliable witness!
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
              X