No announcement yet.

Advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Phoenix, wishing you all the best of luck too, we have our first hearing at crown this week, havent a clue what to expect, i know how terrifying this all is, try and stay strong, i know its easy to say. Big Hug x

Comment

Hi SG - the Crown Court is pretty much similar to Magistrates one. You will get through this. We have had lots of numb, sad weeks. We have a few where we feel a bit more encouraged and positive.

Mr CIGW's trial starts very soon. We are still waiting for lots of info from CPS. It has tended to come in slowly. I cannot understand why they don't send it all at once.

Keep in touch and let us how he gets on.

Comment

Well what a very surreal experience, our barrister didnt even have a copy of accusers statement, the prosecution barrister thought he was being charged with another account which he hadnt been charged with The judge was not a very happy man with the prosecution barrister as she stood in silence and couldnt answer his questions. sat in the public gallery with strangers i assume newspaper people taking notes. Horrible !! Back again in 3 months and trial in 7 months. I really struggle to believe what is happening in our life, some days are a struggle at the moment. Now issues with the legal aid , they now increased the payments by another 200 a month. It just seems a constant kick in the stomach every week, why should innocent people have to go through this unfortunately to me it seems guilty til proven innocent.

Comment

SG

It's an awful awakening to what the judicial system is really like, disorganised, vague, biased.

The fact that costs cannot be reclaimed even after an NG verdict means that the FA always wins in some way not to mention the devastating emotional toll.

Try to stay strong, I know that's easier said than done.

Comment

Havent been on for a few weeks, trying to clear my head, the date that the cps was given by the judge to have there case ready has passed by over a week and nothing............what a surprise !! any ideas how it works when they havent submitted there paperwork ? solictor has said will be intouch as soon as he had heard, but the other half is not very good at asking questions

Comment

We were in the same position. The date came and went and CPS provided info with no urgency whatsoever.

I believe your sol. can commence court proceedings against CPS in order to force them to provide the info. However, he may be reluctant to do this until the trial is nearer.

Please do not become complacent - CPS will play dirty tricks in order to win.

In our case they withheld info that clearly showed the accuser in a bad light. We got it in the end but our sol had to repeatedly push for it.

Comment

Thanks CIGAW, Yes the solicitors have said that if they don't hear soon the will take action through the court so im guessing that means they are on the ball, just feel like we are wadding through the unknown all the time,

Comment

Well we are a week away from being back in court and still no paperwork from the CPS , our solicitor has reassured us that no blame will be put on us, how can they get away with being over a month late with the deadline given by the judge ???? anyone else face this problem ?? So fed up with everything about this dragging on .

Comment

Is this trial or a pre trial hearing?
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi RF
                      Its a PLMH but was advised on tues by solicitor it had been changed to a Mention hearing and we didnt have to attend, because of the late arrival of paperwork from CPS, Yesterday its been changed back to a Plea hearing and we are obviously having to attend. The court have given us til the 21st July to submit our defense statement. Our solicitor has said that thats enough time and doesnt delay progress and happy that its not going to hold the case up. Is there any chance it could be thrown out next week, cant believe the CPS are so incapable and seem un answerable to anyone x

Comment

In theory a case can be thrown out at any time but in practice it's rare, these days. It used to happen far more than now. PCMH is usually only a short hearing - half an hour or so unless one or other counsel wants to argue something relating to evidence.

Hopefully you are confident with your sol and barrister. Please do keep us informed
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi all, havent been on for a while, hope theres been some good news for others. We are now less than a month away from trial, starting to feel anxious now. Still can`t believe all that has happened in the last 2 years, just need to hold it together for another 3 weeks but am dreading the trial. Hope all`s well with everyone x

Comment

positivity

You will get through it... Just stay positive!!!!

Comment

Hi SG - good to hear from you.

The final hurdle approaches. Try to stay occupied and above all......stay calm. The trial period will be stressful but at least this experience is finally coming to an end.

I trust your defence team are well prepared and by now you will have some concept of how weak the prosecution is.

Take Care xx

Comment

all the best to you i really hope it goes well for you and you fa gets ripped apart by your defence

Comment

Working...
                                X